Received 4,725 Likes on 3,530 Posts
Pics of this fender brace install?
Old 10-10-2021, 08:23 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Pics of this fender brace install?
Didn’t take any pictures, but the steps are pretty straight forward, just a PIA. Lots of removing clips and making sure you remember where they go back.

it’s basically remove front bumper, remove side skirts, take of fenders, put on braces, have a beer and cry because everything now needs to go back on, suck it up and get it done.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,725 Likes on 3,530 Posts
I can't believe you removed the fenders, installed these braces and didn't take a single photo.

Sigh.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:51 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I can't believe you removed the fenders, installed these braces and didn't take a single photo.

Sigh.
worst part is I’m a photographer and videographer for work. Lol
Old 10-10-2021, 09:10 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by fallenblade
worst part is I’m a photographer and videographer for work. Lol
Lmao!

Question man, the fender braces is the one I'm missing and plan to do. Did you have to shave them down at all to prevent fender gaps after putting it all back together, or do they fit snug with no fender gapping afterwards?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:30 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
Lmao!

Question man, the fender braces is the one I'm missing and plan to do. Did you have to shave them down at all to prevent fender gaps after putting it all back together, or do they fit snug with no fender gapping afterwards?
no fender gaps here, but yeah, it is snug against the fender. What area are you worried about it creating a gap?
Old 10-10-2021, 09:41 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
no fender gaps here, but yeah, it is snug against the fender. What area are you worried about it creating a gap?
i was just worried about the fender being slightly pushed outwards near the door (if the bracing was too thick and pushing against the fender) but it was just a random thought since i don't know anyone who has it yet. Glad to hear its a perfect fit, thank you for addressing my concern! ill be adding this last brace next season

Old 10-10-2021, 10:10 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
i was just worried about the fender being slightly pushed outwards near the door
no pushing, but fitment is a little funny. So if you look at the triangle in the main photo of their website: the short side has a flat extension with two holes that connect directly to where your hood lays down. (Hidden by that rubber that lines the hood) it took me a minute to figure out the orientation out of the box and that this was how it went on.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:42 AM
Fullmetal1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler

Sir I gotta Ask, Where did you get that diffuser Louver combo?

New to the forum guys, Heres my 08 G37S
Spoiler

Got it used from a Gentlemen in the City with 150,000 km on it, It is mostly stock and was garaged its whole life, so the underside is like brand new. 3m cover is rashed though, needs a new one. Did all the fluids at 180000 km, and were about to hit 190000k. Been a fantastic car, even in our rough winters. Custom Exhaust and Intakes, (Kinda want to go long tube, not a fan of the short ones... hot air intakes pretty much) With a very nice exhaust. Almost silent in cruise, speaks up when playing, (I Drive 45 min to and 45 from work everyday).

Wheels are some sedan-sized ones I picked up for 300 used,(and abused) to put my winter tires on. running spacers to fit/look right.

Installed a Noco charger, and a Port so I don't need to have a block heater cord hanging out, (hate that look), Figured as I don't have fogs down there, This would disappear into the black ;P You can also see the Stillen Short Intakes on in this one.
Spoiler

Following some help here on the forum, I managed to get one of my old subs installed, Nice and clean, It uses a 9 pin Semi-Trailer connector so it can be easily pulled in and out when it needs to be, and the connecter can be hidden under the carpet behind the rear seat if you need the space. Sub and Amp are from my first and second cars respectively. Previous Mods carried forward.
Spoiler

This may divide some, but I have installed led pods down by the exhaust, its winter up here for 8 months out of the year so it's dark most of the time I am driving. And the factory reverse lights didn't cut it. The Jeep to the Left Has this too however the pods on the Jeep are true floods, so I might replace these ones with more flood-oriented ones.
Spoiler

Those are my two recent mods. Before that, it was just a brake job and wheel hub. Was pleasantly surprised at how simple most of the work on this car has been.

To do...
I want to pull the Infiniti Lettering off, as its really hard to wax around. And I think is a bit much. More of a logo fan than lettering.
Replace / Change the Front Grill up. I'm not a chrome fan and its chipped up from our roads.
Badge for the Engine cover... Not sure why it's missing... I see it's common... And loose the AmsOil Sticker, it's not a honda it doesn't need stickers to be beautiful.
After seeing it, Really want to do the Louver and Diffuser combo. Was originally thinking a new spoiler, but I think the other two gives a better overall look.
Change out the short tube for long tubes.
The Q60 Heated wheel I saw one of you guys do up there^^^ It gets to -40 Celcius (-40 Fahrenheit) around here... that WOULD BE A LIFESAVER :P
And Look for a better radio option while trying to stay close to the factory Appearance. I'm a fan of the modding style, where it looks like it could be Factory.
Depending on if I sell the jeep would like to go for a hitch, and just pop a lower taillight in it when not towing. Getting the lower diffuser would complete a hidden hitch.
Want to see about going full cameras, I don't have a reverse camera from the factory, so I was thinking Of putting cameras in the Spoiler and mirrors. Don't know if I would want them as a supplemental or replacement. Its just a thought kicking around, but with the snow/frost around here was thinking they would have better FOV and be easier to clean. If I did that I would need to source some good Cameras though. Gotta be able to handle Glare.

and of course, saving money for the Inevitable Timing chain/water pump/Galley Gasket Job. I got Some time still but that is going to be due here pretty quick.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:03 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Today (yesterday actually) installed my Revel (Tanabe) Y-Pipe & Mid-Pipe. All mated to the stock muffler and it sounds pretty nice! I wanted a little more noise without being noisy. I had to do a little modification ot get it to fit because the company lied about the fitment but all in all I am happy with it. It pulls harder than before and doesn't feel like it runs out of breath. I'll post a sound clip as soon as I can

The following 3 users liked this post by evil-G-nius:
FlydLice (04-16-2023), G-MENTED (11-21-2021), goldbug (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 06:00 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Finally received and installed Works Bell quick release and hub with steering wheel after waiting a month for parts to be shipped. It was however worth the wait as Works Bell is the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
goldbug (11-23-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 07:17 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Received 168 Likes on 110 Posts
Finally received and installed Works Bell quick release and hub with steering wheel after waiting a month for parts to be shipped. It was however worth the wait as Works Bell is the way to go.
Very nice. I’m installing my aftermarket wheel soon enough and will be getting the Works Bell Rapfix 2 for it also- Did you go with the shorty hub, and are you relocating any of the steering wheel switches? Whenever I get around to it, I was going to have a custom switch box made to go under the dash to retain those features/switches… wondering if anyone else has done something similar other than all-out professional race builds with custom center consoles etc, instead of keeping the bits from the steering wheel.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:32 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
Here you go fellas!

https://www.battleaero.com/collectio...cation-plate-2
The following 2 users liked this post by 2.2Lude:
goldbug (11-27-2021), The Pope (11-29-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 08:04 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Originally Posted by goldbug
Very nice. I’m installing my aftermarket wheel soon enough and will be getting the Works Bell Rapfix 2 for it also- Did you go with the shorty hub, and are you relocating any of the steering wheel switches? Whenever I get around to it, I was going to have a custom switch box made to go under the dash to retain those features/switches… wondering if anyone else has done something similar other than all-out professional race builds with custom center consoles etc, instead of keeping the bits from the steering wheel.
Nice! Yes, I went with the short hub and glad I did. I’m already short (5 foot 8) and I like to be right up on the pedals so the short hub only put my new wheel a little forward. I kept it clean and did not relocate any features. My horn works though, so that is a feature I still like having.
The following users liked this post:
goldbug (11-27-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 08:30 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

No relocation, shorty style. Ignore the dustyness.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?