Sponsored By:

What did you do to your coupe today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 03:51 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by fallenblade
Now I can eat all the cake I want and I’ll just be back at stock.
LOL!!!

And you can wear a helmet at the track without your head hitting the roof (my current problem with the stock seats)
Old 08-27-2021, 08:35 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
LOL!!!

And you can wear a helmet at the track without your head hitting the roof (my current problem with the stock seats)
I don’t mean to thread jack but wanted to give Devil G this info as a few others have thought the same. It’s actually still a very tight squeeze if you were to wear a helmet with the sparco r100s. I don’t track, but I do have a motorcycle helmet, and I imagine I would only have millimeters of room if I wore it in the car even with these seats. (I am 5 foot 8 for reference) They do add a lot of support though. A definite noticeable difference from stock.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:13 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fallenblade
I don’t mean to thread jack but wanted to give Devil G this info as a few others have thought the same. It’s actually still a very tight squeeze if you were to wear a helmet with the sparco r100s. I don’t track, but I do have a motorcycle helmet, and I imagine I would only have millimeters of room if I wore it in the car even with these seats. (I am 5 foot 8 for reference) They do add a lot of support though. A definite noticeable difference from stock.
Its not thread jacking, that's good info tbh.
Im 5"11 and i sit with my upper seat tilted far back + open the cloth headliner (not the glass part of the sunroof because of obvious danger), i still have to turtle shrug my head into my shoulders a tad while doing laps lol. Its so annoying!!

Maybe they have rails that lower sparco seats more? I always prayed that sparco seats would be my ticket to comfort one day with a helmet on lol
my helmet is an hjc ar-10 iii which i think is a tad shorter on the top than a motorcycle helmet.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:47 PM
Rawdo86
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Minor aesthetic and handling upgrades

Painted my brake calipers and put on new drilled and slotted rotors in the front, the back are coming soon. Also installed a Megan strut brace and I love it I feel the difference immediately especially in the turns. The paint job I did was my very first and I think it came out nice but I see where I made mistakes and will do better the next time I change the color. Masking the car off was long and challenging when you’re fighting the wind. And I live in Miami so it always either hot windy or rainy so pick your poison. But it turned out fine at the end. Putting on the rotors was the easiest thing I ever did to this car, simple jack up the car take off the wheel remove the brake calipers and pop the old one off then slap the new ones on and we’re in business.

Masked up and ready to paint

Letting it dry overnight

Next morning

Brand new PowerStop Z26 drilled and slotted rotors

Megan strut brace

Paint job came out nice on this too

Nicely painted calipers

With the red brake bleeder caps

Last edited by Rawdo86; 09-26-2021 at 09:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TheDevilsG (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:33 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rawdo86
Painted my brake calipers and put on new drilled and slotted rotors in the front………back coming soon. Also installed a Megan strut brace and I love it I feel the difference immediately especially in the turns. The paint job I did was my very first and I think it came out nice but I see where I made mistakes and will do better the next time I change the color. Masking the car off was long and challenging when you’re fighting the wind. And I live in Miami so it always either hot windy or rainy so pick your poison. But it turned out fine at the end. Putting on the rotors was the easiest thing I ever did to this car, simple jack up the car take off the wheel remove the brake calipers and pop the old one off then slap the new ones on and we’re in business.

Letting it dry overnight

Next morning

Megan strut brace

Those calipers looks great! You did it outside too lol nice!
Old 08-27-2021, 11:47 PM
Rawdo86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
Those calipers looks great! You did it outside too lol nice!
Thanks bro👍🏾 Yea it was hot af out there🤣🤣🤣 ……….. and sorry about your G, glad you’re ok. Did u get a whip yet?

Last edited by Rawdo86; 08-28-2021 at 08:54 PM.
TheDevilsG (08-27-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 05:04 AM
Minen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curbed my whees... Does anyone know a quality wheel repair and powder coat company in PNW lmaooooo
Old 08-30-2021, 06:14 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Painted my brake calipers and put on new drilled and slotted rotors in the front………back coming soon. Also installed a Megan strut brace and I love it I feel the difference immediately especially in the turns. The paint job I did was my very first and I think it came out nice but I see where I made mistakes and will do better the next time I change the color. Masking the car off was long and challenging when you’re fighting the wind. And I live in Miami so it always either hot windy or rainy so pick your poison. But it turned out fine at the end. Putting on the rotors was the easiest thing I ever did to this car, simple jack up the car take off the wheel remove the brake calipers and pop the old one off then slap the new ones on and we’re in business.

Letting it dry overnight

Next morning

Megan strut brace

Nicely painted calipers

With the red brake bleeder caps
Had them same rotors but took them off after about a year. They don't have the best rust protection, the rears barely come with any at all, and they don't stop as well as blank rotors. You have to put your foot into them to get them to really bite.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:29 AM
Rawdo86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mummy2
Had them same rotors but took them off after about a year. They don't have the best rust protection, the rears barely come with any at all, and they don't stop as well as blank rotors. You have to put your foot into them to get them to really bite.
Bro u are right, the stock brake have better bite force than these but I had to replace them because they were warped. I think I may change out the brake pads to a better quality brand. When I hit the brakes I really have to put my foot down and I hate that, I was expecting it to stop better with less input. Hopefully changing the pads will solve this problem.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,725 Likes on 3,530 Posts
Red caliper bleeder valve caps, huh? Feels like I should get a set of those.

Hmmm.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:00 PM
Rawdo86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Red caliper bleeder valve caps, huh? Feels like I should get a set of those.

Hmmm.
😂 😂 I wanted to be different from the traditional black ones. I got them from eBay for $20 shipped from the UK, they come in a 4 pack and I bought 2 packs for each caliper. Here’s the link if u want to check em out. They also come in different colors. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-Red-Bra...-127635-2958-0
Old 08-30-2021, 04:25 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Bro u are right, the stock brake have better bite force than these but I had to replace them because they were warped. I think I may change out the brake pads to a better quality brand. When I hit the brakes I really have to put my foot down and I hate that, I was expecting it to stop better with less input. Hopefully changing the pads will solve this problem.
Naw bud, you gotta change them rotors. Slotted and drilled don't stop as well as blank rotors, at least on the street. Can't speak for the track. Powerstop Z23/26 brakes pads are the best low dust pads I've had on my G though.
takemorepills (08-30-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:36 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Perfect lapping weather at TMP!

If anyone in Southern Ontario would like to come out and join us at the track for some lapping fun there is more info here >

https://www.myg37.com/forums/motorsports-track/300037-track-lapping-days-in-southern-ontario-canada.html#post4300772

Last edited by TheDevilsG; 09-01-2021 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:08 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Fresh paint, headlights and powder coated wheels

Color matched headlights with halo inside the shroud.

Fresh paint and powder coated wheels. Also only put logo and IPL badges back on.
The following 2 users liked this post by sobeIPL:
Ginge247 (09-18-2021), TheDevilsG (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 07:50 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Diff brace and strut bar installed. Easy peasy and doable with my limited tools and space. Results are good. Would recommend.
TheDevilsG (09-17-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?