Sponsored By:

What did you do to your coupe today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 03:41 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDevilsG
Did a few laps last week at the track and power steering was boiling over at one point so i guess it's time to buy a power steering cooler lol
Out of curiosity, how hard were pushing and/or is it a tighter/technical track where you at the boiling issues?

I’ve been fortunate enough to not have any PS issues soo far on track. I do run redline fluid though.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:46 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
Honestly I'm injured (ruptured a ligament in my wrist in march, still healing) ,so i didn't run as many laps as i usually do but it was a super humid and hot day. I've done quite a few lap days where I've pushed harder and it only happened once before.

It wasn't serious enough where it boiled over to the point i had air bubbles in the system, i had zero issues with power steering but it was a tad messy and i figure for a few hundred why not just solve this problem forever.

My car is a pretty handling focused build so far so i do push her quite hard into the corners i guess lol
Old 08-09-2021, 03:48 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Honestly I'm injured (ruptured a ligament in my wrist in march, still healing) ,so i didn't run as many laps as i usually do but it was a super humid and hot day. I've done quite a few lap days where I've pushed harder and it only happened once before.

It wasn't serious enough where it boiled over to the point i had air bubbles in the system, i had zero issues with power steering but it was a tad messy and i figure for a few hundred why not just solve this problem forever.

My car is a pretty handling focused build so far so i do push her quite hard into the corners i guess lol
Right on, I appreciate the feedback. Just preparing for what I’m assuming will be an inevitable PS cooler purchase.

My car is set up for grip as well, basically zero power mods. All handling and braking.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:52 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2.2Lude
Right on, I appreciate the feedback. Just preparing for what I’m assuming will be an inevitable PS cooler purchase.

My car is set up for grip as well, basically zero power mods. All handling and braking.
Nice,Me too! Used to be a honda guy with an integra, so with the G i felt like handling was its weakness and i wanted to turn it into its strength lol

Honestly its like 340 canadian (270 American) and for that price , why not just do it right?
Old 08-09-2021, 04:44 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Did a few laps last week at the track and power steering was boiling over at one point so i guess it's time to buy a power steering cooler lol

At least they are cheap 🙄
In all honesty even if you consider it cheap, it's not such a big unit overall meaning that universal cooler might do the job as well at 1/4 of the price of the Stillen.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:46 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Nice,Me too! Used to be a honda guy with an integra, so with the G i felt like handling was its weakness and i wanted to turn it into its strength lol

Honestly its like 340 canadian (270 American) and for that price , why not just do it right?
lol tell me about it. Lighter Honda’s have always been my play as well. The G is not only my first non Honda car it’s also the heaviest(and most powerful). Handling is good now and I’m happy with it.

The price and installation are non factors, I’m just trying to stick to my plan of upgrading parts as necessary.

Old 08-09-2021, 05:53 PM
2.2Lude
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
In all honesty even if you consider it cheap, it's not such a big unit overall meaning that universal cooler might do the job as well at 1/4 of the price of the Stillen.
CZP and Z1 PS cooler kits are both cheaper than the Stillen unit, I like their designs too. Very easy to install.

Another hesitation I have is adding another cooler in front of the radiator. I’ve already lost a lot of direct air flow due to my 34 row oil cooler and Z1 intake filters

Last edited by 2.2Lude; 08-09-2021 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:57 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

My radiator cap cover arrived. @Rochester Thank you for the link and suggestion sir, i do like it!

Old 08-09-2021, 06:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,725 Likes on 3,530 Posts
My radiator cap cover arrived. @Rochester Thank you for the link and suggestion sir, i do like it!
You're welcome. It does look nice. Is it adjustable so you can align it? Looks off a few degrees.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:10 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
You're welcome. It does look nice. Is it adjustable so you can align it? Looks off a few degrees.
Nah not adjustable, only has one screw so i just made sure its tight as possible and put some locktite to be safe, should hold hopefully.
I'm honestly okay with the the few degrees off, still nicer than that silver/orange sticker from stock lol
Thanks again!

(edit) Actually, now you got me thinking.... yea im going to try and adjust it
Old 08-09-2021, 08:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,725 Likes on 3,530 Posts
Sorry man, I don't know why I do that. I mean, I'm not wrong, but I could also just STFU about little stuff like that.

The shape of the cover is such that it can be off by a few degrees and you'd probably never notice. The problem is the text in the center circle. It creates a sight line which is obviously not parallel to the nearest other straight line, which is the overflow bin. Maybe if you remove the center decal, or remove it and reapply it? IDK. Again, sorry.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:57 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Sorry man, I don't know why I do that. I mean, I'm not wrong, but I could also just STFU about little stuff like that.

The shape of the cover is such that it can be off by a few degrees and you'd probably never notice. The problem is the text in the center circle. It creates a sight line which is obviously not parallel to the nearest other straight line, which is the overflow bin. Maybe if you remove the center decal, or remove it and reapply it? IDK. Again, sorry.
lol nah, its all good. Nothing wrong with being a perfectionist. I decided to leave it as is, She's a track toy not a show car anyhow. I just have been cleaning up the engine bay to be nicer than it was when i bought the car because I've never had a nice clean engine bay in any of my cars before lol when i need a new radiator cap one day, ill address it.

Constructive criticism is never a bad thing, it keeps us on our toes lol

Old 08-27-2021, 12:28 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Replaced front seats with Sparco Seats. The stock seats were so heavy but I got them out on my own *flexes non existent muscles*
Old 08-27-2021, 01:56 PM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fallenblade
Replaced front seats with Sparco Seats. The stock seats were so heavy but I got them out on my own *flexes non existent muscles*
i believe our front seats weigh 88 pounds each. You definitely have trimmed a good bit of fat off that car lol
Old 08-27-2021, 03:01 PM
fallenblade
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Believe me, they felt about that much. The Sparcos aren’t carbon or anything so they feel about 40 lbs each with the bracket and slider, so I probably shaved about 80 something pounds total. Now I can eat all the cake I want and I’ll just be back at stock.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?