What did you do to your coupe today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 01:41 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Valdineide
I just bought one today!!!!!!!
Which? A switch, spacers or a torque wrench?
Old 07-23-2016, 01:42 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
I was a bit confused on which he bought as well lol
Old 07-23-2016, 01:44 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Damm this heat! I have mods to do!
I wanna put my spacers on, trim my rear fender mounts, lengthen one camber slot, paint my rotor hats... Oh and cut the lawn.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:02 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Damnnn that's a lot of things on the to do list lol And i agree this 100+ degree weather we've been having is killer man!!
Old 07-23-2016, 02:38 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by kennyz424
Damnnn that's a lot of things on the to do list lol And i agree this 100+ degree weather we've been having is killer man!!
I hear that...was out at 9:00am checking torque on spacers and doing a full brake fluid flush. It was 83 degrees when I started and 93 degrees (felt like 100) before 11. Took extra long because I wasn't trying to wake up the neighbors with my impact wrench so had to go the old fashioned way.... lol

Originally Posted by bikezilla
Damm this heat! I have mods to do!
I wanna put my spacers on, trim my rear fender mounts, lengthen one camber slot, paint my rotor hats... Oh and cut the lawn.
G first... the nicer the G looks the less anyone is looking at the lawn! lol
Old 07-23-2016, 03:59 PM
vicsg37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not a dam thing, have to do so many brakes, oil change, and wash and wax
Old 07-23-2016, 04:29 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KidJai06
I hear that...was out at 9:00am checking torque on spacers and doing a full brake fluid flush. It was 83 degrees when I started and 93 degrees (felt like 100) before 11. Took extra long because I wasn't trying to wake up the neighbors with my impact wrench so had to go the old fashioned way.... lolG first... the nicer the G looks the less anyone is looking at the lawn! lol
Ha! The effing lawn is straw now anyway.
I love the impact wrench comment.
When I got my Coilovers I had to install them as time allowed. That meant lying in the driveway at 11PM and deciding If I should crank up the tunes to cover the IPW.

I ultimately decided to lean into a breaker bar...
Hell last week I read someone on LI called the cops on a guy with a orbital...on a weekend afternoon!

Last edited by bikezilla; 07-23-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:32 PM
AzNBoY92

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
I got my stock exhaust system taken off so I can put the Ark Catback system I bought and my BDE motor mounts but got sent RWD instead of AWD now I have to wait until Tuesday since if everything goes right, the mid pipe will be overnight shipped on Monday... So now my car is sitting on side of street waiting. Sounds like a very loud mustang or a truck with a straight pipe without the exhaust lol.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:34 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AzNBoY92
I got my stock exhaust system taken off so I can put the Ark Catback system I bought and my BDE motor mounts but got sent RWD instead of AWD now I have to wait until Tuesday since if everything goes right, the mid pipe will be overnight shipped on Monday... So now my car is sitting on side of street waiting. Sounds like a very loud mustang or a truck with a straight pipe without the exhaust lol.
Dayam that's a big azzed todo list.
Nice group of components!
Old 07-23-2016, 04:45 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Ha! The effing lawn is straw now anyway.
I love the impact wrench comment.
When I got my Coilovers I had to install them as time allowed. That meant lying in the driveway at 11PM and deciding If I should crank up the tunes to cover the IPW.

I ultimately decided to lean into a breaker bar...
Hell last week I read someone on LI called the cops on a guy with a orbital...on a weekend afternoon!
Nice! It seems I have a pretty understanding bunch of neighbors, I almost never see them but I'm always outside making noise with my tools, I don't want to push my luck though, lol! Not too worried about them calling anyone since most of them know I'm a parole officer.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:46 PM
AzNBoY92

Dayam that's a big azzed todo list.
Nice group of components!
Wasn't even doing motor mounts until last week cause I can't deal with the intense vibrations that's been happening for the past month. Some days it's fine others my hand and feet feel tingly lol.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:56 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AzNBoY92
Wasn't even doing motor mounts until last week cause I can't deal with the intense vibrations that's been happening for the past month. Some days it's fine others my hand and feet feel tingly lol.
What caused the vibrations? OEM mounts aren't sufficient?
Is it like wheel gaps, I won't notice till I start modding and then EVERYTHING matters?
It's true I admit it!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:00 PM
bikezilla
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KidJai06
Nice! It seems I have a pretty understanding bunch of neighbors, I almost never see them but I'm always outside making noise with my tools, I don't want to push my luck though, lol! Not too worried about them calling anyone since most of them know I'm a parole officer.
So you basically you said if you can't work on your car, you'd have to bring your work home with you... So now you're G2G for all night jackhammer parties.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:03 PM
AzNBoY92

What caused the vibrations? OEM mounts aren't sufficient?
Is it like wheel gaps, I won't notice till I start modding and then EVERYTHING matters?
It's true I admit it!
The vibrations were around the center console and vibrated outwards so that's why I'm seeing if the motor mounts are the issue since they usually are. It was bare able with stock and just a Fi HFC on it but when I switched out stock Axleback for Top Speed I could set feel the vibrations do my mounts are prob shot but shall see later on in week if it is the mounts or not.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:15 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

So you basically you said if you can't work on your car, you'd have to bring your work home with you... So now you're G2G for all night jackhammer parties.
Haha! This actually happened once, after the mega snowstorm this winter. When the plowing company tasked with snow removal showed up I found one of my offenders on their crew! It was nice that he took the time to make sure the street was well cleared and he and some of his guys cleared around my neighbors mailboxes despite being yelled at by his boss to get moving. He yelled back "hey man my PO lives here!" lol That's why I always try to be fair with my offenders... never know when they'll find out where my family and I live.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?