Sponsored By:

Show off your Coupes!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 11:20 PM
stevensmfckng37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue slate G coupe

Non "clapped" 2008 g37s 6mt 176k miles. new spark plugs clean throttle body.
Secret banana button on standby.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:32 PM
genesaika
Registered Member

Just got mine two weeks ago. Swapping clutch and CSC with some stupid antics, because the previous owner didn't know what they were doing.

I think it qualifies as a barn find, but she cleaned up well .
Pre wipe down.

After a wet toweling. .. still needs some soap haha
Old 05-27-2023, 11:12 AM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought this a few weeks ago, It has only 35,000 miles on it....Have added 4 new Goodyear Eagles, sensers in all the wheels to get that dang dash light off and an alignment of course. Also anything that is white or orange I added or did.

I dont think anyone will consider these cars fast, but it gets around in traffic pretty good. The 388 HP is based on a rear wheel dyno run and then estimated for engine horsepower.

I'm doing a shoot here tomorrow with 2 models and my American IronHorse Chopper, and if there is time I might shoot the girls with the Infiniti as well.

Old 05-27-2023, 11:27 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
388 hp? Maybe at the wheel when boosted. From the factory, the Coupe was rated 330 hp at the crank, and NA mods aren't going to get you to 388.

The HP decals are an interesting look along the hood louvers, even though one decal is enough. Kind of odd to see bright red non-sport calipers, too. And I like the RWL tires on blacked out wheels, kind of a throwback.

All comments aside, it also looks like a fun car, and the low miles makes it a great find. Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:04 PM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
388 hp? Maybe at the wheel when boosted. From the factory, the Coupe was rated 330 hp at the crank, and NA mods aren't going to get you to 388.

The HP decals are an interesting look along the hood louvers, even though one decal is enough. Kind of odd to see bright red non-sport calipers, too. And I like the RWL tires on blacked out wheels, kind of a throwback.

All comments aside, it also looks like a fun car, and the low miles makes it a great find. Welcome to the forum.
I guess you missed where I said this is estimited engine horsepower based on a dyno run which of course gives wheel horsepower. Wheel HP was 348 and I was told about 40 HP could be expected to be lost between engine and wheels.

Sorry if I used to many decals for your taste and the calipers are not red, but Chevrolet engine orange. When I do a car or bike, I build it to suit my taste and needs and if you prefer other styles or colors, then by all means build your car any way you like.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by CorvetteMongo
I guess you missed where I said this is estimited engine horsepower based on a dyno run which of course gives wheel horsepower. Wheel HP was 348 and I was told about 40 HP could be expected to be lost between engine and wheels.

Sorry if I used to many decals for your taste and the calipers are not red, but Chevrolet engine orange. When I do a car or bike, I build it to suit my taste and needs and if you prefer other styles or colors, then by all means build your car any way you like.
If you're going to put stuff out there, you have to be prepared for comments, whatever the flavor. That said, it's never too late to learn how to accept compliments while rolling with criticism. Come on, man.

Horsepower... is your car boosted?

Last edited by Rochester; 05-27-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:44 PM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

If you're going to put stuff out there, you have to be prepared for comments, whatever the flavor. That said, it's never too late to learn how to accept compliments while rolling with criticism. Come on, man.

Horsepower... is your car boosted?
Nope...naturally aspirated
Old 05-27-2023, 02:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by CorvetteMongo
Nope...naturally aspirated
OK. And looking at your other posts, is the only powertrain mod an ISR exhaust?

Mongo, I don't want to upset you, but NA and untuned with bolt-on pipes, that might gain you 10hp on a good day. Add a long-tube intake, and maybe 15hp total. And then properly tuned you might ( ! ) see 25 to 30hp in total gains. It is what it is, sorry man. The G Coupe was rated at 330 hp at the crank.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:30 PM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

OK. And looking at your other posts, is the only powertrain mod an ISR exhaust?

Mongo, I don't want to upset you, but NA and untuned with bolt-on pipes, that might gain you 10hp on a good day. Add a long-tube intake, and maybe 15hp total. And then properly tuned you might ( ! ) see 25 to 30hp in total gains. It is what it is, sorry man. The G Coupe was rated at 330 hp at the crank.
Well it put out 348 wheel HP on a dynamometer...I guess I could have saved the $$$ and just ask you for your opinion.
Old 05-27-2023, 08:07 PM
coupebc
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
From one dyno to the next they'll read different e.g. Mustang vs DynoJet, best to do runs before and after mods to see how much whp you pick up, then adjust the manufacture numbers from the difference. They are nowhere near 388hp at the flywheel. Might catch flak for it at car meets when u pop the hood That is the best color these cars ever came in for sure. If you ever upgrade the brakes u can get OEM sport package calipers from Z1 motorsports which are powder coated red from factory, both infiniti or nissan branded.
Old 05-27-2023, 08:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Mongo, you're new to the platform, and good for you choosing the G and finding a low mileage car. I've always felt the G was kind of a JDM muscle car, particularly the 6MT. However, it won't take you long to research and realize your HP estimate at the crank just isn't possible for an untuned NA car with an exhaust mod. And if you genuinely show off this car to Nissan gear heads, you'll have to develop a much thicker skin than you're demonstrated here.

Are you really 71? Dude, life is too short to get so defensive. Just roll with it, live and learn.

It's a good forum here, with a ton of experience all laid out for you to explore. Welcome.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:02 AM
CorvetteMongo
Registered Member

Mongo, you're new to the platform, and good for you choosing the G and finding a low mileage car. I've always felt the G was kind of a JDM muscle car, particularly the 6MT. However, it won't take you long to research and realize your HP estimate at the crank just isn't possible for an untuned NA car with an exhaust mod. And if you genuinely show off this car to Nissan gear heads, you'll have to develop a much thicker skin than you're demonstrated here.

Are you really 71? Dude, life is too short to get so defensive. Just roll with it, live and learn.

It's a good forum here, with a ton of experience all laid out for you to explore. Welcome.
Yes, I'm 71...

...And I never said all it had was exhaust mods...I said it was naturally aspirated (and has a full I.S.R. exhause system, engine to rear bumper without cats.) The previous owner did some stuff inside but not sure the particulars. He is a mechanic at the dealership where I bought the car.

With that said, while this is my first Japanese Tech car, and honestly I'd be completly lost doing engine work on one of these, I was a mechanic (with my own shop) for a number of years, and have I'm sure hundreds of miles of racing experience, 1/4 mile at a time. (plus some dirt circle track) I'm familiar with how engines work, what dyno's can tell us and so on.

I'm simply stating what a dyno run said after I had a tuner look the car over and make some recomandations on future work. I can't get to wild with it as I bought it as my daily driver. I supose I could find a drag strip and make a pass or two just to see what kind of times it would run, I haven't been on a track in probably 40 years, but think I could still find my way down a straight 1/4 mile track. Wonder what running a 4X4 on the 1/4 would be like....

Last edited by Rochester; 11-02-2023 at 08:27 AM. Reason: removed slur
Old 09-06-2023, 01:46 PM
nickg123

Originally Posted by 08GCoupe
what front lip??? its beautiful
Old 09-07-2023, 09:02 AM
DB0037
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nickg123
what front lip??? its beautiful
That is a Zele Performance front bumper which has a built-in front lip
Old 09-08-2023, 10:23 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 273 Likes on 228 Posts
Saw this one come across the wire today. 2Kish miles on an 11 year old car?
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Look at the drivers side seat and interior, everything looks perfect. I'd love to know the story behind this one.

Quick Reply: Show off your Coupes!