Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Show off your Coupes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 05:28 PM
cMar
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Updated post of my 2008 G37S. I recently installed new ESR wheels, VIS Racing carbon fiber hood, and Takeda air intakes.
IG - @vq.cam for other pictures!

Old 10-06-2020, 12:05 PM
BxG3?
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
@cMar Car looks great! For a minute I thought it was green Fitment on hood looks spot on too...
Old 10-08-2020, 08:42 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by kennyz424
I figured the sedan guys have a thread so it's about time us coupe guys do as well!

I guess I'll start it off...

Where did you get the intake heat shields? Those look better than anything I've seen.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 PM
TupeloG37s
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Comes with the R2C kit.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:58 PM
G37 Deep
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Staggered 20" rims Concept One CSM01 Black Machined (38/38 offset) 08 Coupe G37

Finally got my rims on! Now I am trying to figure out best way to dechrome trunk and grille. Everything I try to plastidip turns out looking awful so I may just go to an auto shop to paint my chrome grille & spoiler Obsidian Black to match. Debadged INFINITI letering because I debadge all of my cars. Replaced tan OEM floor mats with OEM black floor mats as I have the beige interior. Also Installed LED taillight module, replaced stock rims and went with staggered 20"s and I love them.

That chrome has got to go

Sorry just snapped some photos tonight and didn't realize my car was that dirty. I forgot how hard it is to keep Black cars clean in Texas. My favorite thing about this car is not having a CAR PAYMENT as I paid $10k cash before COVID struck and the rims make it look alot newer than a 2008. May end up putting some spacers on afterall. I bought some 1 inch spacers off Amazon and they are just sitting in my garage.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:43 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37 Deep

Finally got my rims on! Now I am trying to figure out best way to dechrome trunk and grille. Everything I try to plastidip turns out looking awful so I may just go to an auto shop to paint my chrome grille & spoiler Obsidian Black to match. Debadged INFINITI letering because I debadge all of my cars. Replaced tan OEM floor mats with OEM black floor mats as I have the beige interior. Also Installed LED taillight module, replaced stock rims and went with staggered 20"s and I love them.

That chrome has got to go

Sorry just snapped some photos tonight and didn't realize my car was that dirty. I forgot how hard it is to keep Black cars clean in Texas. My favorite thing about this car is not having a CAR PAYMENT as I paid $10k cash before COVID struck and the rims make it look alot newer than a 2008. May end up putting some spacers on afterall. I bought some 1 inch spacers off Amazon and they are just sitting in my garage.
Looks like you'll be pretty flush in the front if you decide to run the 1" spacers, can't really tell from the rear. Those wheels do look pretty good on it man. Congrats on the recent purchase! You will not be disappointed. When I had my coupe, I painted the grill and spoiler myself, but mine was the white pearl so I could do whatever shade of gray/black I wanted. So I understand you wanting it to be done by a shop so it matches your body color. Are you keeping the Infiniti logo in the grill chrome or doing all black?
Old 10-21-2020, 09:16 AM
G37 Deep
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
Looks like you'll be pretty flush in the front if you decide to run the 1" spacers, can't really tell from the rear. Those wheels do look pretty good on it man. Congrats on the recent purchase! You will not be disappointed. When I had my coupe, I painted the grill and spoiler myself, but mine was the white pearl so I could do whatever shade of gray/black I wanted. So I understand you wanting it to be done by a shop so it matches your body color. Are you keeping the Infiniti logo in the grill chrome or doing all black?
Planning to only leave the emblem as chrome. The rears are very close to flush while the front rims will probably have the spacers added so I can add some painted drilled/slot calipers. Would it look dumb to just add painted front drilled/slotted calipers rather than the boring default ones from the Journey in the rear. Also once my rear tires are bald I may purchase the same size 10" rims in the front and go from Staggered to square if the 10s would fit in the front. I was a tad disappointed when the rims showed up and only the rears were concave ad the 8.5" front rims were not staggered but flat. I'd probably have to add maybe 1/2" spacers in the rear in order to add the drilled/slotted calipers to match the front and then the wheels would all be concave however Discount Tire said I would then likely have to rolll the front fenders to add the 10" rims to the front.

​​​​​​I would prefer a Sports or IPL spoiler but they are hard to find so I emailed Bat overlays and am wanting to add overlays to the headlights and a glossy black overlay to the rear chrome trunk spoiler ASAP (and possibly just wrap the front grill in vinyl or just have it painted.... I really like the DEPO clear tails but may just add the GTR overlays to the rear tails. I feel like Black on Black (Murdered out) is played out. I keep checking parts with the local junkyards as they get alot of totalled G37s. My priority at this point is to Dechrome the rear! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated however I have no current plans to lower the G at this time due to Austin road conditions.

Last edited by G37 Deep; 10-21-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:47 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Planning to only leave the emblem as chrome. The rears are very close to flush while the front rims will probably have the spacers added so I can add some painted drilled/slot calipers. Would it look dumb to just add painted front drilled/slotted calipers rather than the boring default ones from the Journey in the rear. Also once my rear tires are bald I may purchase the same size 10" rims in the front and go from Staggered to square if the 10s would fit in the front. I was a tad disappointed when the rims showed up and only the rears were concave ad the 8.5" front rims were not staggered but flat. I'd probably have to add maybe 1/2" spacers in the rear in order to add the drilled/slotted calipers to match the front and then the wheels would all be concave however Discount Tire said I would then likely have to rolll the front fenders to add the 10" rims to the front.

​​​​​​I would prefer a Sports or IPL spoiler but they are hard to find so I emailed Bat overlays and am wanting to add overlays to the headlights and a glossy black overlay to the rear chrome trunk spoiler ASAP (and possibly just wrap the front grill in vinyl or just have it painted.... I really like the DEPO clear tails but may just add the GTR overlays to the rear tails. I feel like Black on Black (Murdered out) is played out. I keep checking parts with the local junkyards as they get alot of totalled G37s. My priority at this point is to Dechrome the rear! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated however I have no current plans to lower the G at this time due to Austin road conditions.
Your coupe looks to be at a good height currntly and still looks pretty good. Definitely de-chrome everything lol I have seen lowered G's running 10" wides in the front so I don't think you'll even have to roll your fender, but don't quote me on that lol I never lowered my coupe or my sedan and I have kept stock wheels on both. I had the X AWD on both so they were already a square setup and I like keeping the offsets consistant, so I understand where you're coming from about your current front wheels being flat while your rears are concave.

What brakes specifically are you getting? You won't need extra space just for drilled and slotted rotors, so I'm assuming you're getting some kind of upgraded brake package? Akebono calipers perhaps? Or something similar? Those wouldn't take up any more room than the stock slider calipers though, so I'm still a little confused what you're saying you'll need the extra space behind your wheels for. Care to fill us in with what you're thinking there?
Old 10-26-2020, 12:03 AM
G37 Deep
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
Your coupe looks to be at a good height currntly and still looks pretty good. Definitely de-chrome everything lol I have seen lowered G's running 10" wides in the front so I don't think you'll even have to roll your fender, but don't quote me on that lol I never lowered my coupe or my sedan and I have kept stock wheels on both. I had the X AWD on both so they were already a square setup and I like keeping the offsets consistant, so I understand where you're coming from about your current front wheels being flat while your rears are concave.

What brakes specifically are you getting? You won't need extra space just for drilled and slotted rotors, so I'm assuming you're getting some kind of upgraded brake package? Akebono calipers perhaps? Or something similar? Those wouldn't take up any more room than the stock slider calipers though, so I'm still a little confused what you're saying you'll need the extra space behind your wheels for. Care to fill us in with what you're thinking there?

Everywhere I read on this forum I was told 38/38 offset would not fit. I haven't had a chance to had the brakes looked at but the fronts could probably use 1 inch spacers but I don't want running issues. However the backs are most certainly flush with the fender. I'd prob prefer to just stick with the OEM brakes installed and have the brake pads replaced if needed however I would be open to painting them or replacing them with drill/slotted (as well as painting thel calipers if clearance allows. ) Everyone on this site told me 38 offset wouldn't fit repeatedly but Discount store installed them without using spacers. I currently have 1" from spokes on the front to the caliper and close to 2" due to the 20.5" tires and convex rim style difference.

Any advice when I shop for brakes? If i clean and wax the rims will it help keep them cleaner? I know switching to drilled/slotted will cut down on brake dust however I'm not out racing but rather creeping on my twenties. Lol

Image of 20"x10 (38 offset) seems 100% flush to me. Stock calipers are about 2" from the spokes already (non sport caliper). When I go in for brake maintenance can they just add new pads and paint these calipers?

Fronts are about an inch from being flush, not sure if spacers are even worth it. Currently 1" from spoke to brake caliper. I recently bought the car and haven't had any issues with it yet however I've been working from home so I haven't been driving all that much. I can tell u the car looks 1000x times better without the stock rims and it sure drives nicer than the 4 bald tires that were on it when I purchased (prior to COVIID*.orry my car is so dirty been doing home renovations all weekend**

I already do own 1 inch calipers cause I thought they would be needed for Installation so it's not the expense I'm worried about but the rubbing/driving quality.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:03 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Everywhere I read on this forum I was told 38/38 offset would not fit. I haven't had a chance to had the brakes looked at but the fronts could probably use 1 inch spacers but I don't want running issues. However the backs are most certainly flush with the fender. I'd prob prefer to just stick with the OEM brakes installed and have the brake pads replaced if needed however I would be open to painting them or replacing them with drill/slotted (as well as painting thel calipers if clearance allows. ) Everyone on this site told me 38 offset wouldn't fit repeatedly but Discount store installed them without using spacers. I currently have 1" from spokes on the front to the caliper and close to 2" due to the 20.5" tires and convex rim style difference.

Any advice when I shop for brakes? If i clean and wax the rims will it help keep them cleaner? I know switching to drilled/slotted will cut down on brake dust however I'm not out racing but rather creeping on my twenties. Lol

Image of 20"x10 (38 offset) seems 100% flush to me. Stock calipers are about 2" from the spokes already (non sport caliper). When I go in for brake maintenance can they just add new pads and paint these calipers?

Fronts are about an inch from being flush, not sure if spacers are even worth it. Currently 1" from spoke to brake caliper. I recently bought the car and haven't had any issues with it yet however I've been working from home so I haven't been driving all that much. I can tell u the car looks 1000x times better without the stock rims and it sure drives nicer than the 4 bald tires that were on it when I purchased (prior to COVIID*.orry my car is so dirty been doing home renovations all weekend**

I already do own 1 inch calipers cause I thought they would be needed for Installation so it's not the expense I'm worried about but the rubbing/driving quality.
It's odd that people would be telling you that the 38 offset won't work. The majority of G37 wheels are 45 offset, even closer to the brakes than your 38 offset wheels. Of course there's different profiles and wheel designs, but as a general rule the smaller the number for the offset, the further they extend out from the hub inherently giving you more room between the wheels and the brakes. People telling you that are probably thinking of "deep dish" wheels instead of the concave style you got. Concave looks better on G's anyway so good choice.

Sounds like you're mostly worried about the looks of the wheels getting them to be flush in the front, and since you already have the spacers, budget wise you'e be better off running the spacers you already have. Either way you won't have any issue getting the brakes you want, and definitely go the drilled and/or slotted route on the rotors. They look very good on G's. Depending on the milage (you might have mentioned but I don't remember) you may be better off getting new calipers and hoses along with your new rotors and pads. I've had brake issues on both my coupe and sedan and in both occasions, the calipers weren't sliding freely and on top of that the hoses layers were splitting not letting the brake fluid move freely either. After 100k miles or so, the brakes in general usually need replaced as far as the calipers and hoses. Pads and rotors obviously just depend on how you drive the car.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:47 PM
josephjamesvq37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to the forum !

08 g37 coupe journey FL based stock build as of nov 13, 2020
Old 11-14-2020, 09:01 PM
BSQ60
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New to the forum

New to the forum guys 2014 Q60S 6MT Everything is stock, I’m looking to lower it but I’m not sure if I should go for springs or coilovers
The following users liked this post:
A6derson (03-04-2022)
Old 11-19-2020, 03:49 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts

Old 11-30-2020, 12:27 PM
Sara Burkett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2008

She needs new wheels, window tinting and a few other things , still drives as if it was brand new has 166,000 miles .
Old 11-30-2020, 12:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
^^^
Beautiful. All those miles and all those years, but it still looks fantastic in those pics.

Welcome to the forum, Sara.

Quick Reply: Show off your Coupes!