Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

need help on my just bought g37 coupe.... wheel spacers and spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Pimpani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help on my just bought g37 coupe.... wheel spacers and spoiler

Hey guys, i just got a g37 coupe and i need some answers...
first of all i have a journey and want the sport spoiler on it.. is it possible to put on a g37s spoiler on a journey and do i have to drill holes??????
Last thing is what size wheel spacers should i buy for a flush fitment......??? thanks..
Old 04-06-2016, 03:20 PM
813G37S

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Forum. Congrats on your new ride...Post some pics! The helpfuls will chime in soon!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 05:56 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
I believe all coupes have the same trunk...from journeys, coupes, journeys with sport option, sport manual ...etc.
In fact try buying in link below to confirm it fits etc... put in your car and search plus ...dont forget the coupon code: ESTORE2016 drops the price around 25% ...

Infiniti Discount OEM Parts and Accessories

Holes will need to be drilled...yes.
Or you can just paint the chrome one....like I did..
I liked the shape and size of the chrome one better than the OEM spoiler , I just didnt like the chrome so I painted it black...
Good luck ...

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 04-06-2016 at 08:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thanhchampion (04-19-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
There is a whole thread with pictures and info.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...acer-pics.html
Old 04-07-2016, 08:42 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Pimpani
Hey guys, i just got a g37 coupe and i need some answers...
first of all i have a journey and want the sport spoiler on it.. is it possible to put on a g37s spoiler on a journey and do i have to drill holes??????
Yes you can get the OEM spoiler, if you go with that make sure you order the accessory spoiler. I just ordered and installed my OEM spoiler last week. You do have to drill 6 holes, (3) 10mm, (2) 18mm, (1) 19mm for reference 19mm=3/4 inch. That might sound daunting, but it comes with directions, and templates of exactly where to drill. If you follow it its pretty smooth. I recommend a good unibit so you can slowly drill the large holes. I'm really happy I ordered it and even happier I saved myself installation costs by doing it myself. It only took about 2 hours. I'm not sure what color you car may be but in the event it is either Vibrant Red or Lapis Blue check out infinitypartsusa.com they had those colors at 50% off ($265). Good luck!
Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 PM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by KidJai06
Yes you can get the OEM spoiler, if you go with that make sure you order the accessory spoiler. I just ordered and installed my OEM spoiler last week. You do have to drill 6 holes, (3) 10mm, (2) 18mm, (1) 19mm for reference 19mm=3/4 inch. That might sound daunting, but it comes with directions, and templates of exactly where to drill. If you follow it its pretty smooth. I recommend a good unibit so you can slowly drill the large holes. I'm really happy I ordered it and even happier I saved myself installation costs by doing it myself. It only took about 2 hours. I'm not sure what color you car may be but in the event it is either Vibrant Red or Lapis Blue check out infinitypartsusa.com they had those colors at 50% off ($265). Good luck!
Most of the holes are within the location that the chrome spoiler sits correct? Only two outside of that location? In other words if you were to put back on the old spoiler only two holes would be visible one on each side correct?
Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 AM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
Most of the holes are within the location that the chrome spoiler sits correct? Only two outside of that location? In other words if you were to put back on the old spoiler only two holes would be visible one on each side correct?
Three of the holes would be covered by the chrome spoiler, the other three would not be. There are 18mm holes on the top of the trunk on the far edges and one 10mm right on top in the center. I know when I installed it I started with the ones that would be covered by the chrome spoiler just to build my confidence.
You are provided templates on where exactly to drill. Here are a few quick pictures that I took when installing mine to give you an idea. The center picture I circled the holes that you'll drill the last picture you'll drill the big hole like that on both sides. They also provided covers for the old unused holes.

The following users liked this post:
G37sGraphite (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 AM
VenomGT9
Registered Member

Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
OP, if you don't feel bold enough to drill the holes you can probably find someone parting out their car including the trunk....hopefully you can find one in your color.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 559 Likes on 390 Posts
I also did the OEM spoiler install. It's definitely daunting, the holes are huge and there really isn't any turning back. I did the same thing as stated earlier by starting with the holes that are covered by the OEM spoiler.

In the end, it is a huge upgrade from the stock chrome spoiler. It's not obnoxious and flows beautifully with the cars lines. It should've come from the factory like this.

TIP!: After you drill the holes, apply primer or touch up paint to the raw metal you exposed. This spoiler does not create a water tight seal and water will reach the exposed metal. You do not want rust to form!
Old 04-08-2016, 02:54 PM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by KidJai06
Three of the holes would be covered by the chrome spoiler, the other three would not be. There are 18mm holes on the top of the trunk on the far edges and one 10mm right on top in the center. I know when I installed it I started with the ones that would be covered by the chrome spoiler just to build my confidence.
You are provided templates on where exactly to drill. Here are a few quick pictures that I took when installing mine to give you an idea. The center picture I circled the holes that you'll drill the last picture you'll drill the big hole like that on both sides. They also provided covers for the old unused holes.

NO going back after that...for sure..
If they have templates looks fairly easy.
Thanks for these pictures .... I know allot of people are not sure about how this installs amazing there is no official DIY on this that I could find...

THANKS
Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

NO going back after that...for sure..
If they have templates looks fairly easy.
Thanks for these pictures .... I know allot of people are not sure about how this installs amazing there is no official DIY on this that I could find...

THANKS
No problem. The instructions that come with the spoiler are really straightforward and have illustrations even right down to how and where to apply tape to secure the template to the car. If you take your time and have the right tools you'll have nothing to worry about. Best of luck, and if you have other questions don't hesitate to ask!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:26 PM
UCLAG37
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
If you are apprehensive about drilling into your trunk lid you may want to practice on thin scrap metal like I did. The drill bit tends to run more on hard and slick surfaces such as the trunk lid, compared to softer wood, so a little practice may help. For the larger holes, you will probably want to use a step bit.

UCLAg37

Last edited by UCLAG37; 04-08-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: forgot to include my name
Old 04-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Thanhchampion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe all coupes have the same trunk...from journeys, coupes, journeys with sport option, sport manual ...etc.
In fact try buying in link below to confirm it fits etc... put in your car and search plus ...dont forget the coupon code: ESTORE2016 drops the price around 25% ...

Infiniti Discount OEM Parts and Accessories

Holes will need to be drilled...yes.
Or you can just paint the chrome one....like I did..
I liked the shape and size of the chrome one better than the OEM spoiler , I just didnt like the chrome so I painted it black...
Good luck ...
Thanks for the link and discount code to that website, i ordered the midnight grille and the spoiler from them and saved 209$ with the coupon code
Old 04-19-2016, 02:12 PM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by Thanhchampion
Thanks for the link and discount code to that website, i ordered the midnight grille and the spoiler from them and saved 209$ with the coupon code

$209 bucks can buy alllot of beer.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 559 Likes on 390 Posts
$209 bucks can buy alllot of beer.
Depends what kind of beer you drink, lol.

Quick Reply: need help on my just bought g37 coupe.... wheel spacers and spoiler