G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ebay Carbon Fiber Diffuser? Ill be the guinea pig.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 03:31 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by -SnowMan-
Yup! The left side is actually already done that way. I need to see if I can get the right side down a bit. If not, I am dropping the car off in 2 weeks to have my coil overs and camber bolts installed so I will have them take a look then.
Me too I had the Tanabe exhaust so I already had to do the left side. After I did the diffuser I had to install some more on both sides and it then evened it up. Definitely works on the right side too.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:27 PM
-SnowMan-

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
Me too I had the Tanabe exhaust so I already had to do the left side. After I did the diffuser I had to install some more on both sides and it then evened it up. Definitely works on the right side too.
Hmm okay. Ill take a look at the right side again. Last time I tried I couldn't get access to the bolts. Ill look harder.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:04 AM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Hmm okay. Ill take a look at the right side again. Last time I tried I couldn't get access to the bolts. Ill look harder.
There is like a cover plate over the exhaust mounting brackets on the passenger side. You have to take off the cover plate on the right side its like two bolts and push clip if I remember correctly. Takes 2 minutes to access the bolts....
Old 03-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It looks like a well made product (which judging by the price it should be) but I don't think it looks good on the G at least not a red G. Maybe on a black, grey or silver G it would look better. To me it makes the G look more like a civic.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:45 PM
-SnowMan-

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
It looks like a well made product (which judging by the price it should be) but I don't think it looks good on the G at least not a red G. Maybe on a black, grey or silver G it would look better. To me it makes the G look more like a civic.
To each their own but carbon fiber on a red car looks amazing to me and many others.

I got a chance to try and fit it. I need to re do it though because I couldn't get the tape to stick consistently. Ill try again when its warmer out, it was 45 degrees so Im guessing that was part of the reason. Good news is though that my exhaust tips are in perfect position and didn't touch.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:17 PM
dwb993
Premier Member

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts
To each their own but carbon fiber on a red car looks amazing to me and many others.

I got a chance to try and fit it. I need to re do it though because I couldn't get the tape to stick consistently. Ill try again when its warmer out, it was 45 degrees so Im guessing that was part of the reason. Good news is though that my exhaust tips are in perfect position and didn't touch.
Agreed on CF + Red.
You need to hit the bumper with 90% IPA, particularly on any area that will be bonding the tape. Go over it several times to remove everything---dirt, wax/sealant, all of it. Then try again with the tape.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:22 PM
-SnowMan-

Originally Posted by dwb993
Agreed on CF + Red.
You need to hit the bumper with 90% IPA, particularly on any area that will be bonding the tape. Go over it several times to remove everything---dirt, wax/sealant, all of it. Then try again with the tape.
I did clean it with 70% IPA. I'm thinking the temperature had a lot to do with it.

It looked good when it was on but the tape job was bugging me so I took it off lol.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:46 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
I'm really happy for you SnowMan and I also agree CF on red looks awesome especially your car. I'm really glad that there was no fitment issues with it! Post up some pictures of the final installed product whenever you can
Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Yeah dude this is gonna be killer! I think I'm sold!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
I did clean it with 70% IPA. I'm thinking the temperature had a lot to do with it.

It looked good when it was on but the tape job was bugging me so I took it off lol.
The temperature is likely the culprit, the adhesive won't adhere well when it's cool out. Somewhere on the package it'll probably say to only use it above 65-70 degrees or something.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 PM
-SnowMan-

Originally Posted by Epiphany
The temperature is likely the culprit, the adhesive won't adhere well when it's cool out. Somewhere on the package it'll probably say to only use it above 65-70 degrees or something.
Yeah, I was being optimistic when I put it on. I live in Colorado and we had a blizzard last week. It was around 55 out on Sunday but guess it wasn't warm enough.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:06 PM
813G37S

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks great dude! Props for taking a shot and the product coming out to be pretty flush!

Could you please post a picture of the back end from the side view? Id really appreciate it....

Thanks bro
Old 04-01-2016, 04:10 PM
-SnowMan-

Originally Posted by 813G37S
Looks great dude! Props for taking a shot and the product coming out to be pretty flush!

Could you please post a picture of the back end from the side view? Id really appreciate it....

Thanks bro
I still don't have it on the car yet. The weather has been too cold to mount it, supposedly we will have 70 degree weather next week so I may try then.

When I do get it on Ill take plenty of photos.
The following users liked this post:
sharkey (09-22-2016)
Old 04-01-2016, 04:35 PM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
looks great. I want to buy one after you have given us the "all clear".

The CF wont melt? It's ok if there is minimal clearance between the tips and the diffuser?
Old 04-01-2016, 04:58 PM
-SnowMan-

Originally Posted by steven92
looks great. I want to buy one after you have given us the "all clear".

The CF wont melt? It's ok if there is minimal clearance between the tips and the diffuser?
Assuming it is true carbon, it isn't gonna melt unless it's on fire.

You'll see Evos, STI's and RX7's running a carbon fiber "ring" around their bumper cutout for the muffler for that reason.

It may discolor over time though.

Quick Reply: Ebay Carbon Fiber Diffuser? Ill be the guinea pig.