Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 11:19 AM
ttiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Intelligent Key Warning Light

Today I started my 2008 g37s coupe to see a yellowish/orange light

The manual says its the intelligent Key warning light

This light has never came on and I dont know how to get it cut off

2 days ago I had the battery changed in my Wireless Key and that got rid of the low battery notification in the LED that was showing the Key going empty in battery.

But now 3 days later the intelligent key warning light is on when i start the car. Whats wrong and how can I fix this light?

Last edited by ttiller; 11-19-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:44 PM
OfficialG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
what light are you seeing exactly? is it the same low battery light? do you have both intelligent keys with you when you see it? if one battery is going dead it prioritizes the dead battery over the new, so it will still show low battery.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:50 PM
ttiller

I only have one key, i do not have two keys on me, and it is the intelligent key warning light, it comes on when i put the car in drive but it goes off when car is in park. The security indicator light is on as well. Im just wondering why the key light stays on and it flashes sometimes.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:37 AM
perfectgecko

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also have a similar problem .. The key light on the dash stays lit yellow constantly as soon as I come in range of the car, but everything works with it (unlocks, starts, drives fine, both key fob's do this). It is an annoyance, but I would like to know why it's constantly on. I replaced batteries in both the fob's as well as the car battery recently. Anyone know why this is happening?
Old 12-17-2015, 11:20 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
It could be a number of things ... On Nissan Forums some found their ignition fuse blown. It may also be that you have a faulty battery in your i-key.
Others have found that it was their the intelligent key receiver/ IPDM( Intelligent Power Distribution Module) and the dealer had to order a new one, others replaces their steering lock assembly which seems to be connected in some way (I'm no expert).

regardless it seems you should probably take it to the dealer before it potentially leaves you stranded because for many it has eventually resulted in not being able to start the car from what I saw on the nissan forums

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 12-17-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:33 PM
Jerry Du
Registered Member

I'm having the same issue as you, I know you might not be active on this forum anymore but if you happen to see this, how were you able to fix it? Did you have to go to the dealer?

Any information helps
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2021, 06:45 PM
Davepel
Registered Member

Same issue

Hi Jerry I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out the cause?
Old 05-21-2022, 12:23 PM
runningman3425

Originally Posted by Davepel
Hi Jerry I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out the cause?
I had the same issue after changing the key fob batteries for my 2013 G37. Turned out I used the wrong batteries (2025s); once I replaced them with 2032s everything went back to normal. Interestingly, it was only the intelligent key warning light (amber) that went on, the 2025s did fix the intelligent key battery discharge indicator (red) gave no indication of a problem.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:03 PM
ro0kie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my key light coming on along with a blinking tpms, what’s weird is those light only come on when the engine is cold, and once I start driving, they turn off, after warming the engine, if I turn it off then a few minutes come back and turn on again the lights won’t come on.
had a few issues last year where it was way worst, engine would not start and when it started, most of the times couldn’t turn off. replaced BCM unnecessarily, same thing with the steering lock module until I got sick and tired and took it to Infiniti, they fixed the issue of turning on and off by replacing the ipdm, but still those lights keep coming on, at Infiniti they told me they were getting codes from the control unit, got that replaced too(not at Infiniti), still same issue.
ntg wrong with driving and such, just those annoying lights every single time I turn the car on they pop like 2sec after starting the engine. Could it the wiring??