Sponsored By:

Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 04:09 PM
sydnrusty
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009IPG37S
I'm the only one that thinks it looks ugly? Looks like a lip for shoveling dirt.
i don't like it either. agree it looks like a shovel.

that said, i've done stuff to my car others think looks crappy but i really like, so it's really a matter of personal opinion. if you like it, it's you car. go ahead!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:56 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009IPG37S
I'm the only one that thinks it looks ugly? Looks like a lip for shoveling dirt.
Nope, you aren't the only one. Not sure I understand the whole lip thing, doesn't provide any performance benefit (as a DD) and why put something on your car that no doubt you will bend/crack/scratch/break eventually on something.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:34 AM
timc00k

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
With that money, I rather buy a TopSpeed/Beluga bevel tips exhaust.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:53 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
I feel both sides. You either like it or fall somewhere nearer hating it. My experience has been in building and designing weapons for the track. In doing so, we always modified to improve fluid dynamics, added power, adjusted suspension setups and 'added lightness' (reduced weight).
These cars serve a drastically different function than the Lotus or Evo. For me, I wanted comfort and semi-luxury. These cars weigh 2 tons. They'll never be the nimble, lightweight track cars I've done in the past.
Nevertheless, I am still carrying over elements that were fundamental to our philosophies. The splitter, front and sides, is functional and not purely aesthetic. I could slap a stillen or top speed front on the car and have it look great. But, at the end of the day, that's all it'll do. Same goes for exhaust tips (not that that was the point being made above, but it fits nicely with my methodology). I would never weld on new tips to my existing oem exhaust. They may look nice. But, I'd do tips with a full, performance exhaust system. Form follows function.
All of that to say, I am well aware that there are "better looking" parts I can throw on the front end. But, if they serve only to garner attention then they are of no use to me. I'll have functional parts all day long. Doesn't hurt that I actually like the look either. But, again just a bonus.

Cheers.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:04 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Nope, you aren't the only one. Not sure I understand the whole lip thing, doesn't provide any performance benefit (as a DD) and why put something on your car that no doubt you will bend/crack/scratch/break eventually on something.
Think I agree nearly wholeheartedly. As a DD it really isn't going to be very impactful. I'll admit my last two projects were DD and track toys. Changed tires, adjusted suspension and we were rolling.
This vehicle does serve a much different purpose than those. Perhaps I've carried over too much influence from the last projects.
Both points well received here. We'll see how it works and scrap the splitters if they're less appealing than I'm expecting. IMHO, they look good. But, in the metal it may be a different story. Appreciate your input.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:22 PM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like crap. reminds me of that generic "lip kit" thats just some molding you stick under the bumper. lol