G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wrecked :'(

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Broken Arrow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I would wish for a total loss. Thr damagrs will likely bounce just short of $20K. Some insurances will total at 75-80 percent of replacement value. My experience with Geico's damage adjustment practices tells me your car will be repaired, so beware. Make sure your A/C works right after the repair because condensor refrigerant line must be evacuated to replace rad suppport. Also, make sure side windows are properly realigned because glass comes out to remove door latches for blending into doors. Once factory position is compromised, the glass in these coupes is heavily prone to wind noise unless perfectly repositioned. I have been through all the above, so just trying to hip you to red flag issues.
The following users liked this post:
Amaadkhan2k (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Amaadkhan2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The insurance company had a few recommended repair facilities that had mixed reviews (service king & automation ford). The claims adjuster asked if I wanted to take it to a repair facility of my preference, however I don't frequent body shops so I don't have a preferred shop. Should I be willing to let Geico's recommended facilities take care of the repair? Does anyone recommend taking it to the dealership to repair?
Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
mmaandy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would definitely recommend dealership. I'm not a fan of reputable repair shops.
Amaadkhan2k (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 02:39 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Amaadkhan2k
I guess i should have mentioned it lol, i do yes. I know they'll take care of it, and I've been with Geico for many years without so much as a doubt about how they treat their customers. However, the adjuster said he might not be able to make it out until Wednesday and i wanted to see if anyone here would know if it may be totaled? Ive never totaled a car so i don't really know what to look for. I know that if the cost to repair is ~60% of the value, they total it. So i guess i answered my own question because that can't be $15k worth of damage right?
the car is obviously not totaled?
Old 07-27-2015, 02:41 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Originally Posted by Amaadkhan2k
The insurance company had a few recommended repair facilities that had mixed reviews (service king & automation ford). The claims adjuster asked if I wanted to take it to a repair facility of my preference, however I don't frequent body shops so I don't have a preferred shop. Should I be willing to let Geico's recommended facilities take care of the repair? Does anyone recommend taking it to the dealership to repair?
you arent paying for it why do you care?

take it to the infiniti dealership
Amaadkhan2k (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Amaadkhan2k

Originally Posted by i heart ricers
you arent paying for it why do you care?

take it to the infiniti dealership
Lol, yeah I know but it's really to put my mind at ease. I really would like to keep the car bc I've always wanted a G and this car was everything I wanted in a G. I'm not confident I could find the same car, pay the same, and I would have to start all over again with paying off a loan. I guess I shouldn't waste my time worrying. Hopefully it will all work out for the best!
Old 07-27-2015, 03:19 PM
msmching

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems like your reinforcement bar was pushed pretty far back into the radiator, it its really deep enough that it touches your engine... it doesn't matter about the percentage anymore. (It'll be totaled).
Amaadkhan2k (07-27-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Amaadkhan2k

So the insurance adjuster gave me a call back. The damage sits at $13k and some change. Geico has reached out to a third party company to get the Actual Cash Value to determine if it should be totaled (she said 80% is the threshold) or if the salvage price + damages equals 100%+ of the vehicle. I'm no expert but would the salvage value of the car get up to $13000? I was led to believe a salvage title drops the value of a car by 75 to 80%? I'll hear back either tomorrow or Friday. I hope they value my car higher than KBB and Edmunds so I can get that loan paid off.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Well Sir if it isn't totaled out I bet you can come out WAY ahead on this accident. Like new front bumper (any style), front grill, new headlights (these will be big money savers), and maybe a CF hood or a top secret hood!!! As long as you do a little searching around for the parts used rather than letting the shop buy direct from infiniti.....you'll come out smelling like a rose and have a G that looks like a totally different car in so many eye candy ways it'll make your head spin,
Old 07-29-2015, 07:55 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
.... and then be prepared to get dropped by Geico or have your rates sky rocket.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
.... and then be prepared to get dropped by Geico or have your rates sky rocket.
Hopefully not lol. I have accident forgiveness on my policy so my rates didn't change or anything. But my full estimate was only $6400....so right around half of what your damage is estimated at.

You don't have accident forgiveness on your policy by chance do you?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by pheonix75
My previous 2010 G37s vert was in a similar accident...it ran around $14,000 to repair the front end...it was a 15mph accident, driver's airbag deployed. Be on the repair shop to make sure they did it right, Las Vegas Infiniti screwed mine up! Oh well, I got a new one....
What dealer in vegas was it?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Richey Collision is where you want to take your car. Talk to Karen.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 AM
blueis300
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Don't some insurance company's make it so you have to use Infiniti parts so you cant just buy aftermarket parts.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:26 AM
i heart ricers
Banned

Originally Posted by Redfire32
Well Sir if it isn't totaled out I bet you can come out WAY ahead on this accident. Like new front bumper (any style), front grill, new headlights (these will be big money savers), and maybe a CF hood or a top secret hood!!! As long as you do a little searching around for the parts used rather than letting the shop buy direct from infiniti.....you'll come out smelling like a rose and have a G that looks like a totally different car in so many eye candy ways it'll make your head spin,
it doesnt really work like that so dont get his hopes up

depends on how he handles this

Quick Reply: Wrecked :'(