Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Gmainss

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation Help with G37 mods to gain more HP and Torque

Hey guys, my names gil and I'm an 18 year old trying to mod my g37 I'm looking for an inexpensive mod that can help me with hp and torque. As of right now i have custom CAI, SKL performance chip and a catback magna flow exhaust. I was looking at beluga test pipes but i heard they only make the exhaust louder not much to the hp and doesn't pass inspection. I'm open to any ideas lol thanks!
Attached Thumbnails G37 mods-car-blurred-license-and-background.jpg   G37 mods-img_6055.jpg  

Last edited by Gmainss; 04-21-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
High flow cats or test pipes for sure
The following users liked this post:
Gmainss (04-21-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Gmainss

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
High flow cats or test pipes for sure
thats what i was thinking either berk high flow cats or beluga test pipes but i heard they don't do that much to help HP or torque
Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 PM
gtmonsters
MYG37 Sponsor,also Batman

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hey buddy, you sent us a PM asking for price quotes, but you cannot seem to accept any private messages.

Please send us an email at sales@gtmonsters.com if you're still looking for those parts!
Gmainss (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 03:30 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
You are in Jersey...you will not pass inspection with the HFC. They do visual, sound, sniff and various other tests that all states don't do. I know they will give you a hard time or pretty much fail you with them. Good luck...got anymore pics of the car. What you posted doesn't give much to go on. Do like the color tho!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 AM
Bravo at
Premier Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
On the rear wheel torque side, you could look into a urethane transmission mount from Z1 Motorsports. $200 and its a simple DIY for about 1 hour of time. Heres the link: Z1 Motorsports 370Z/G37 Urethane Transmission Mount. Theres a slight increase in vibration but looking at your exhaust, you probably wont notice. Many more ideas on the site, just my two cents. Good luck, enjoy your mods.

Last edited by Bravo at; 04-22-2015 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling.
Gmainss (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 AM
TheG35Dude

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evil-G-nius you are mistaken Jersey only performs a computer scan. If no codes are present you pass.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Jersey is pretty bad. They seem to fail you on a whim. Maybe it's changed in 25 years since I lived there but my parents still live there and they say the state laws suck. On a side note I don't see how High flow cats would fail you. They should read low enough. They do not provide much power improvement though. I had test pipes and didn't really notice much. Maybe with a tune you would notice more. As far as NA mods go you may get 25-30 HP max with intake, exhaust and tune.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:09 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Nitrous. 2 bottles. Preferably big ones.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lego_Maniac:
ayarj12 (04-23-2015), Tachyon (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Gmainss

ahahha i wish i could do Nitrous tanks but this is my daily and i allow my dad to drive my car sometimes to impress some of his friends and he would destroy it in a minute.. i think that HFC will make me fail inspection because it is less restricted and i feel as though it doesn't really catch as many of the fumes like the oem cats do.. and the Z1 Transmission mount looks interesting but i need to do some homework on that before i decide.. Also i was looking into Perfomance Fuel injectors and a Perfomance Pulley i heard they both give a little jolt of HP but the only issue is that i would need a tune for the injectors to actually start making a difference and that would be pretty expensive for me since I'm still a high schooler ahaha let me know what you guys think about the pulley and fuel injectors idea.
thanks a lot for the help guys
Old 04-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Gmainss

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
You are in Jersey...you will not pass inspection with the HFC. They do visual, sound, sniff and various other tests that all states don't do. I know they will give you a hard time or pretty much fail you with them. Good luck...got anymore pics of the car. What you posted doesn't give much to go on. Do like the color tho!
what would you like pictures of? i have tons of pictures of my car
Old 04-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Gmainss
ahahha i wish i could do Nitrous tanks but this is my daily and i allow my dad to drive my car sometimes to impress some of his friends and he would destroy it in a minute.. i think that HFC will make me fail inspection because it is less restricted and i feel as though it doesn't really catch as many of the fumes like the oem cats do.. and the Z1 Transmission mount looks interesting but i need to do some homework on that before i decide.. Also i was looking into Perfomance Fuel injectors and a Perfomance Pulley i heard they both give a little jolt of HP but the only issue is that i would need a tune for the injectors to actually start making a difference and that would be pretty expensive for me since I'm still a high schooler ahaha let me know what you guys think about the pulley and fuel injectors idea.
thanks a lot for the help guys
You're in high school.

And you "allow" your dad to drive your car to "impress some of his friends"

Old 04-22-2015, 09:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
You're in high school.

whs ^^^

Old 04-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Gmainss

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
You're in high school.

Ahah yeah I purchased the car myself with my own money i pay for everything on the car including mods, insurance etc. lol so yeah cars mine and my dad asks to use it sometimes 😂😂
Old 04-23-2015, 01:45 PM
ayarj12
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gmainss
Ahah yeah I purchased the car myself with my own money i pay for everything on the car including mods, insurance etc. lol so yeah cars mine and my dad asks to use it sometimes 😂😂
Car looks great! You're ballin out young my friend. Congrats and keep it going!!

Quick Reply: G37 mods