G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:35 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I thought about this car so much last night.

It was just so disappointing to me that Infiniti "dropped the ball" on me.

So I mentioned my depression to my wife. She says...

"Baby, its a tremendously beautiful coupe, you should just get it, regardless of the autobox..... because, remember, Im NOT giving up my manual, I will just buy a 2013 G37 Sedan 6MT when my lease is up"

Then it dawned on me.

If SHE gets a 6MT 37 Sedan, then whenever I get the third pedal itch, I will just borrow her car for a couple days and she can borrow my 400 horse coupe. Its ALMOST like the best of both worlds.

Thats it. Im grabbing me a White "Red Sport" with red interior and black carbon fiber trim. Im sure it will be absolute bananas once I wrap ALL the chrome trime in gloss black vinyl.

God, I f*cking love my wife.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:41 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I would guess 12.8 with that power band assuming the weight is roughly the same
I know they wanted to cut some weight by using more lightweight materials, so hopefully once they release specs the weight will be down a bit. Either way, it should be plenty fast, especially with the torque being available so low! Can't wait to get some more details and build options.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Can anyone paint match the Chrome vent on the red one? I wonder if the Aftermarket Scene would make a replacement fender like off the Concept and Eau Rouge.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:46 AM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Indeed the silver helps diffuse the chrome

This would be the color i get with red interior.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:51 AM
InfinitiFreak

I wonder if the top range Q60 will have an exclusive color, like the top of the line Q50 has the iridium blue.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Here's the trailer that was shown at the Detroit auto show yesterday (if you haven't seen it)

The following users liked this post:
KAHBOOM (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Dgriffith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 300ZXTT
I'll complain. For the most part, it looks decent. However, sometimes I get the feeling Nissan engineers change/add things for the sake of changing/adding things. Headlights/tail lights, no problems. I'm not a fan of the new grill on the Infiniti's, just feel the G37 grill was far superior. Not a fan of the integrated rear spoiler either. Quarter window...no. Chrome vent thingie behind the front wheels...no. Unless it's truly functional for brake heat dissipation? Still think it looks tacky. The 'ornaments' on the corners of the rear bumper...no. Seriously, what's the point of that? 3.0T emblem on the front quarters... I hope there are a couple of wheel options/sizes for customers, although unlikely. The stance looks good. Interior/seats...great.
Interest really should be in the new motor. 400hp twinturbo. Pushing around a 3,700 lb car, it will need those extra ponies. I trust they will have some nice color options. The lack of a 6MT is bad, very bad. I understand why, but this car (and cars like it) demand to be shifted, and not with paddles. I would not have either my Z or G if they were slushboxes. What I'm hoping, for those who will be purchasing, is eventually modding the engine. My understanding is the difference between the 300 hp and 400 hp versions is simply the tune. So, there should be room in the tune/parts upgrades on the 400 hp version for another 50-100 hp, especially on race fuel. On a twin turbo car, intake and exhaust alone should get you some very good gains. Remove those cats. Frankly, I'm most interested in what Nissan will do with a potential new Z with that TT motor. Will they give THAT a 6MT? Anyway, good discussion here. Nice to finally see the real thing.

I certainly respect your opinions. I don't mind the grille too much, I love the black mesh and feel it will be an aggressive look to the car once we start to see it on the road and modified (lowered, staggered wheels, etc). Plus, Audi and Lexus have similar grilles and they look excellent (Audi more so that Lexus and I think this Q60 grille looks better than both of those).

Integrated rear spoiler? Doesn't bother me and I feel that's a knit pick scenario IMO. Quarter window, I can see the detraction there. In white and silver as others have shown, it'll blend in more. In black, it'll definitely pop out and will take some getting used to for sure; so will the chrome vent by the front wheels.

The 3.0T emblem, doesn't bother me but for those who it does, put a heat gun to it. The rear bumper ornaments, in black they won't be that significant and in other colors, IMO it will bring a nice contrast (again, take some vision and think about the car modified).

And lastly, if you read any of the articles, you would've seen that they will have 19" and 20" wheel options to choose from. But we are on the myg37 forum, how many of you on here who are going to buy this car will be keeping the stock wheels on anyway? Who cares really? For me, the stock wheels will be good rims to put winter tires on and my summers will be a nice set of staggered concaved beauties.

When the G37 came out, there were a lot of similar gripes and over time, people got used to how the car changed as they will with this one. Only this time, I think this change is a far better improvement than the G37 was (and I love my G37s). For people like myself who has matured over the years and am a business professional (with an enthusiast heart), this car is the perfect blend of those two things. I will reiterate though, I understand the frustration with the lack of a 6MT and I think Infiniti could of taken a page out of BMW's book on this. That said, for me personally, I can deal with it without even thinking about it. I wouldn't want to bang gears on a car like this anyway and at 400 HP with that decent amount of torque, stepping on it will still give me joy.

Can't wait to see it on the road...
Old 01-12-2016, 10:18 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
The Fender badge that reads S 3.0t doesnt look right. I would get rid of the S and leave the 3.0t or take them both off but thats just me.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

The Car looks awesome. Can't wait to get one.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:46 AM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by marcelo19lp
The Car looks awesome. Can't wait to get one.
Yes, they did a really good job this generation! I'm curious as to what the optional spoiler option will look like, as I have never been a fan of integrated spoilers.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:03 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

I have an 08 G37S platinum graphite with light mods. IPL bumper, eibach drop, 20mm spacers, Fast Intentions Exhaust. Can't wait to see the Q60 in the Dealership.

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Yes, they did a really good job this generation! I'm curious as to what the optional spoiler option will look like, as I have never been a fan of integrated spoilers.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:10 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
... We are the "1%" if you will, Infiniti is not building or marketing toward us.
So ironic, in other situations the 1%ers get everything handed to them! LoL We can't get a damn manual transmission!? LoL
Old 01-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I hope Infiniti goes away from Moonlight White and comes out with more of a bright white color. I never realized how yellow the Infiniti white looks until I parked my wife's QX60 next to my Lexus IS350 F, which is a metallic/pearl white as well, but there's no yellow or gold tint to it.

Most of my gripes about the car are minor and can be fixed...the chrome grill, the chrome fender vents, and the vents and red reflectors next to the rear diffusor. I love the interior styling...so glad they got rid of the cheap painted plastic dash trim, and it looks like the headliner will be black! Looking forward to seeing what the aftermarket has in store for the Q60.

Also, we all need to get over the hurt feelings about the lack of a manual transmission. If supercars and hypercars can move away from a MT, Infiniti can as well.

Last edited by Dr.Pat; 01-12-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:22 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
So ironic, in other situations the 1%ers get everything handed to them! LoL We can't get a damn manual transmission!? LoL
I feel like I need to email or call Shiro Nakamura.

He essentially lied his *** off.

He SPECIFICALLY said with his own words in speaking about the Q50

"a car like this deserves a manual transmission, the manual is coming."

Im sure it wasnt his fault, and only the bean counters had final say, but still.

We need to start a 6MT petition.

Regardless, this car looks way too fantastic to pass up. I need to get me one.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:30 PM
ry0t05

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chilibowl
I feel like I need to email or call Shiro Nakamura.

He essentially lied his *** off.

He SPECIFICALLY said with his own words in speaking about the Q50

"a car like this deserves a manual transmission, the manual is coming."

Im sure it wasnt his fault, and only the bean counters had final say, but still.

We need to start a 6MT petition.

Regardless, this car looks way too fantastic to pass up. I need to get me one.
Looks like the "bean counters" did their job just fine if you're willing to buy it despite your strong convictions of it needing a manual.

AND.. manual could still be coming. Maybe in the 'IPL/E.R' version. Who knows. It's just not available at launch.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit