G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 10:07 PM
anestheticG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One thing that is strange that bothers me is the aluminum pedal style and most particularly of the dead pedal. The dead pedal only partially covers the carpet in that area and I just hate that. I wish Infiniti did like Audi with s trim/ car and Lexus with f sport and actually gave a substantial dead pedal area to rest your foot. At least for me it really adds to comfort
Old 01-11-2016, 10:19 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Yes I did say the 6mt was possible. My source told me multiple times that it was on the cards. It appears that the cards changed. I get to see him later this month with what I hope is the new q50 red s with 400 hp. Seems like they have a prototype sedan rolling around like in Jun of 2013 when they brought the 1st q50. Will report what I find.

At this point, I want to pay off my Duc, the maxima and secure $10k and buy a sport red s q60 to replace the maxima with. I want to say I saw a nice camel color interior option. My color choice would be Red with that camel or White with red interior. Black interior is another option if in fact it comes with a black headliner.

I wanted rwd but with no manual I can just go AWD and use it as a DD/main car.

Here's to hoping I can get Around View, remote start, intelligent cruise and blind spot warning with out tech on sport.
The following 2 users liked this post by eljoker:
twin_snails (01-12-2016), User 122320 (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
if i did get one i guess it would have to be black so i could black out the chrome and minimize the grille. i hate dealing with black paint, though.

DCT would be nice, but a regular auto would probably handle more torque, so theres that ... if you plan to do any modding.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:46 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Yes I did say the 6mt was possible. My source told me multiple times that it was on the cards. It appears that the cards changed. I get to see him later this month with what I hope is the new q50 red s with 400 hp. Seems like they have a prototype sedan rolling around like in Jun of 2013 when they brought the 1st q50. Will report what I find.

At this point, I want to pay off my Duc, the maxima and secure $10k and buy a sport red s q60 to replace the maxima with. I want to say I saw a nice camel color interior option. My color choice would be Red with that camel or White with red interior. Black interior is another option if in fact it comes with a black headliner.

I wanted rwd but with no manual I can just go AWD and use it as a DD/main car.

Here's to hoping I can get Around View, remote start, intelligent cruise and blind spot warning with out tech on sport.
I had those same options on my Q50. It was nice for maybe 2 weeks.

I prefer my 2015 6mt coupe over all these "Tech stuff". Hopefully they make some changes to the infotainment system and make DAS a separate option and not bundled in with another package to force people to buy it.

No one really needs google and facebook to show up on the stupid car monitor. lol
Old 01-11-2016, 10:53 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Well the Q50 is getting driver assistance package than includes those. I don't need the forward crash, lane keep assist, rear crash or blind spot intervention. That all usually comes on the tech packages.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:55 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Nothing has ever been mentioned about DCT. It hasn't been stated if the 7 speed will be the same as the current car or an all new one, but it stands to reason (at least to me) that if it had an all new gearbox that would have been highlighted in the release.
Unfortunately I also think with 99% probability it is the same old 7AT.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:46 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Nothing has ever been mentioned about DCT. It hasn't been stated if the 7 speed will be the same as the current car or an all new one, but it stands to reason (at least to me) that if it had an all new gearbox that would have been highlighted in the release.
I agree. If it was DCT, they would have highlighted that in the release. I believe Eljoker (or someone else can't remember whom though) mentioned that much of the Eau Rouge testing was for the transmission. The Q70 / QX80 use a different version of the 7AT that is beefier to handle the increased torque and is likely what's being used here. I'm hoping they were able to do some serious re-tuning on that trans to make it more responsive.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:49 AM
pal51961
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I want one!!!

3.0 tt 400hp 376tq
Attached Thumbnails Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-infiniti-q60-coupe-0162.0.jpg  
Old 01-12-2016, 06:51 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
the side profile is beautiful...
Old 01-12-2016, 06:59 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009IPG37S
Any guesses on what the 1/4 times will be? I'm guessing 13.1-13.4
I would guess 12.8 with that power band assuming the weight is roughly the same
Old 01-12-2016, 07:10 AM
AZ37

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the new Q60. I generally like red cars but not on this body style. I think the chrome piece on the rear quarter window is too large and takes your focal point away from the fender lines of the car. In white, and especially the grey color it looks much better.

I suspect this is one of those cars that looks better in person than in photos. Car and Driver was very complimentary of the styling overall, even if they don't like some of the same things often mentioned here.

2017 Infiniti Q60 Coupe Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

I love the lighting design, both front and rear. In a world where every car has to have some unique LED DRL signature, many of which look a college intern designed them, this car will stand out on the road. I include the front fog lights as well which are perfect in location and proportion with the headlights. This car definitely needs the staggered setup with wider rear wheels.

The interior looks better than my '09 but really is more derivative of the current model than an all-new design. Black wood trim will be offered on base models. I knew it wasn't going to be there but I'll miss the instrument cluster/steering wheel that moves as one unit on our cars. I've always loved that feature.

Looking forward to the road tests and figuring out where to install the laser shifters in that front grill. 350 lb-ft of torque available from 1600-5200 rpm is going to require some serious protection from the "environment".
Old 01-12-2016, 07:13 AM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
That is a pretty cool feature. I'm curious how different the shifters being on the wheel will feel, as I really like them being mounted on the column and stationary.
I have driven cars with the shifters on the steering wheel, and I don't really like it. You lose track of where they are when you are turning the wheel in the twisties. On the steering column is the best place ergonomically.

^^ I agree with the post above regarding the steering colunm that moves with the steering wheel. They totally should have kept that feature
Old 01-12-2016, 07:35 AM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by VaderK52
ok now this looks a little better, i guess the silver dampens all the chrome accent pieces more...enjoy

2017 Infiniti Q60 Release Date, Price and Specs - Roadshow
Indeed the silver helps diffuse the chrome

Old 01-12-2016, 07:53 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I have driven cars with the shifters on the steering wheel, and I don't really like it. You lose track of where they are when you are turning the wheel in the twisties. On the steering column is the best place ergonomically.

^^ I agree with the post above regarding the steering colunm that moves with the steering wheel. They totally should have kept that feature
I guess it is just something I will have to get use to, because that won't stop me from picking up one of these beast when they release.

The silver is really drawing me in, but I will have to see the platinum graphite first to decide. Thought that I would miss the circle taillights, but I am really liking the new designed ones alot!
Old 01-12-2016, 08:18 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by JC-RH
I've been following this thread for quite some time, and I too was hoping for a 6MT. Wishful thinking. I should have known better.
Ditto. Even though I knew better, I was still hoping for a big reveal moment, something like "And yes, we're still making high performance cars with a proper manual transmission!" The audience would have erupted with applause, even if sales don't reflect it.

And yes, the unannounced DCT was a deafening silence. Wow.

Keep up the hope, JC-RH. It took Jaguar two full production years before offering a 6MT in their F-Type.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit