Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 02:40 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 04gtoryder
2017 Infiniti Q60 Luxury Coupe | Infiniti USA

Info live on infiniti's site. Really sucks about the manual. This and the s4 losing the manual option is a shame for deciding on my next car a few years down the road.
Actually it's not bad, I think I saw the car from a bad angle. Certain angles it looks good, others don't. The front bumper should be more aggressive. Not a homerun, not a strikeout either. I just think it's a good option in the 435i, RC 350 F Sport, S4, class. I like the side and back.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:41 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Paddle shifters have been moved to the steering wheel. One cool thing they added is a door stop technology that can leave a door open at any angle so it doesn't swing closed on you. Not sure how it took so long for someone to address that.
That is a pretty cool feature. I'm curious how different the shifters being on the wheel will feel, as I really like them being mounted on the column and stationary.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:41 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
M2 starts at 51,700. Could be an intriguing next option. A bit small but maybe a test drive would get me over that.
Sigh. It is a bit small but it looks really good.

This Q60 reveal makes me want to step up in jobs.

The ONLY possible car right now I can physically allow myself to get into would be an M4.

Theres just no way I will ever be satisfied with an automatic. Its tremendously depressing as I love everything about the new Q60 except the transmission.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:46 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Paddle shifters have been moved to the steering wheel. One cool thing they added is a door stop technology that can leave a door open at any angle so it doesn't swing closed on you. Not sure how it took so long for someone to address that.
Yeah that door stop technology is LONG overdue. It's incredibly annoying when you are getting in/out of the car and the door tries to slam shut on your left leg and crunch it. Kudos to whoever came up with that and hard to believe it took that long to rectify.

Paddle shifters on the steering wheel is also a nice, and equally long overdue upgrade.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:50 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Yeah that door stop technology is LONG overdue. It's incredibly annoying when you are getting in/out of the car and the door tries to slam shut on your left leg and crunch it. Kudos to whoever came up with that and hard to believe it took that long to rectify.

Paddle shifters on the steering wheel is also a nice, and equally long overdue upgrade.
Do you find the shifters on the wheel are better than the column? My G was the first car with paddle shifters. I'm sure it will throw me off the first time I get mine.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:18 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
For the first time in my life, I might be forced to go with a BMW.
Get an extended warranty
The following users liked this post:
Al Czervik (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 03:24 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Do you find the shifters on the wheel are better than the column? My G was the first car with paddle shifters. I'm sure it will throw me off the first time I get mine.
I think on the steering wheel would be better. Have you tried to shift manually coming out of a hairpin turn or just having the wheel 90° off center either way? If it's tied to the steering wheel, that maneuver becomes a lot easier.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:42 PM
solidsilver
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not impressed so far - I'm sorry it lacks the minimalist purity of the original G35 coupe, and even the next-gen G37, for that matter. This new one looks heavy, bulky and convoluted, with stuff going on everywhere (what's up with Nissan styling lately anyway?). Still looking forward to seeing the actual car, though.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:47 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by twin_snails
I think on the steering wheel would be better. Have you tried to shift manually coming out of a hairpin turn or just having the wheel 90° off center either way? If it's tied to the steering wheel, that maneuver becomes a lot easier.
The new placement will just take some getting use to. It probably will be better in long run as there have been some interesting moments when trying to come out of a corner and couldn't reach the shifter.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
My favorite angle...great lines.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
The rear bumper corner fins, the gigantic maw of a front-grille, and that silly hockey stick piece of chrome trim on the front fenders...

...other than that, it's OK. It certainly doesn't move me, though.

But I am looking forward to seeing this in person when it hits the showroom floor, just because. And I wouldn't mind test driving the 400hp model, transmission notwithstanding.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Sorry but I would keep the g37 instead, if I had one.
I don't think the exterior of the new Q60 coupe is that much better than a nicely modded G37. However, the interior and technology is a night and day difference...especially since they got rid of the cheap painted dash trim from the G37 that scratches if you breathe on it.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Dgriffith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
My favorite angle...great lines.

Looking at this picture, I don't see too much to complain about exterior wise? It's classy, sleek, muscular and refined. NOW, complaining about not having a 6MT option I get. Some won't care about the 6MT and others will use it as a line in the sand as the deal breaker. That's fair. But when looking at this shot, what's there really to complain about aside from a few minor things like the chrome vent by the front wheels and...?

I can't wait to see this car in black with the red interior and also see this car properly modified. I also hope this car will be the end of the "broken axle" stanced look.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:29 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I've been stuck in meetings all day. I see there's no MT (unreal), but is the AT a slushbox or are they offering DCT?
Old 01-11-2016, 04:29 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Ha, I know right?

I can't tell you how many times I've been hit by the door when it decided to close.

Pretty annoying when you're trying to look smooth while entering/exiting the car.

Now as far as the official new Q60 is concerned, I think it's okay. ANd as others have said, I don't want an auto transmission.

Kind of glad I don't love it because I would start to get depressed driving the G.

I'll wait till the new Z comes out before I get excited.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit