Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:01 AM
AZ37

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
I agree. The back of the car looks great. The only thing starting to scare me now is how the front looks very narrow compared to the rear. The chrome molding on the fender, the door handles look high.

The car look like it has a good rake. I'd be thrilled with a big brake kit, hopefully a different front bumper for the S, so in the future the intercooler can be shown off. Overall I think it looks good. I'm not going to get one but from an outsider this would be a great car to mod.
If you want to show off the intercooler you will need a lot more than just a different bumper.

A Deeper Look at Infiniti's New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter V-6 ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
Boosted intake air passes through a pair of liquid-to-air intercoolers that are mounted on top of the engine. The idea is to minimize the path from compressor wheel to intake valve, thus improving efficiency and response. The alternative, an air-to-air intercooler, requires lots of plumbing to the front of the car, adding several feet to the distance the air must travel.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by AZ37
If you want to show off the intercooler you will need a lot more than just a different bumper.
a sweet plexiglas cutout in the hood like a ZR1 Vette?
Old 01-03-2016, 03:32 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Nissan killing 2 birds with 1 stone..Z TT will be making its return just in time for model change (I think)
Old 01-04-2016, 04:51 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

A Deeper Look at Infiniti's New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter V-6 ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
Boosted intake air passes through a pair of liquid-to-air intercoolers that are mounted on top of the engine. The idea is to minimize the path from compressor wheel to intake valve, thus improving efficiency and response. The alternative, an air-to-air intercooler, requires lots of plumbing to the front of the car, adding several feet to the distance the air must travel.
That's like the Cla 45 AMG. Which turned out to be not good.

That's lame.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
while the plumbing is shorter, there is much more complexity and the chance for leaks.

Subaru uses a top-mount air-to-air intercooler that may or may not have a hood scoop, depending on application. a hood scoop would look ridiculous on a Q60, though. i'm not familiar with the newer (non-hood scoop) turbo cars, and if they provide enough cooling.

you can only stuff so much intercooler on top of the engine, though, and big power builds tend to opt for a front mount.

another reason i will not be buying a 1st year Q60 TT - going to take the "wait and see how it goes" approach. i guess the good thing is, 400hp is plenty of power for a daily driver, IMHO, and at most i would do a "stage 1 map" if offered by Cobb or another vendor ...
The following users liked this post:
P Casey (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
That's like the Cla 45 AMG. Which turned out to be not good.

That's lame.
Oh? Why's that?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:18 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
while the plumbing is shorter, there is much more complexity and the chance for leaks.
I had the same concerns when I learned this.

Subaru uses a top-mount air-to-air intercooler that may or may not have a hood scoop, depending on application. a hood scoop would look ridiculous on a Q60, though. i'm not familiar with the newer (non-hood scoop) turbo cars, and if they provide enough cooling.

you can only stuff so much intercooler on top of the engine, though, and big power builds tend to opt for a front mount.
Because the Q60 is using a water cooled intercooler they can be flexible on placing radiators in the closed system to nearly anywhere in the engine bay. No need for a hood scoop.

another reason i will not be buying a 1st year Q60 TT - going to take the "wait and see how it goes" approach. i guess the good thing is, 400hp is plenty of power for a daily driver, IMHO, and at most i would do a "stage 1 map" if offered by Cobb or another vendor ...
You can't go wrong with Cobb, they have awesome tunes!
Old 01-04-2016, 01:01 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I probably won't buy the first year, but only because I will want to save up more of a down payment. The Q50 will have the engine for around 6 months before it starts going in the Q60, so not too worried.

400hp+ for me also will be more than enough for a daily. Anymore and I am pretty sure I would be in deep trouble.

One more week and hopefully we will know all the details and options for the Q60!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:10 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Still waiting to hear about the 6mt option.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:42 PM
solidsilver
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Based on currently available pictures - such as they are - I'm disappointed. It appears to be swollen, ponderous, bulky, and looks as if it weighs about 20,000 pounds - a far, far cry from the original clean, rakish, edgy G35 coupe, one of my all-time favorite cars.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by solidsilver
Based on currently available pictures - such as they are - I'm disappointed. It appears to be swollen, ponderous, bulky, and looks as if it weighs about 20,000 pounds - a far, far cry from the original clean, rakish, edgy G35 coupe, one of my all-time favorite cars.
Hey, Solidsilver, welcome to my world...

I'm a past 240z driver. :-)

On the good side, 400 ponies, it compensates, no?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:39 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
We should know more info on Engine and transmissions on Monday. Pricing will probaly around April/May
Old 01-04-2016, 09:58 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
We should know more info on Engine and transmissions on Monday. Pricing will probaly around April/May
I am expecting some info to start slowing leaking out as all the info and the actual car is floating around right now at the auto show, so something is bound to leak out. . I am guessing that when the Q50 is available to build, that I could maybe just build a top spec version and then add about $5,000-$7,000 to that price and that should give me a rough estimate of what I can expect to pay for my version of the Q60.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:04 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by VaderK52
Nissan killing 2 birds with 1 stone..Z TT will be making its return just in time for model change (I think)
I cant wait for the new Z.

Will it be named the 300-Z TT again?

I'm kind of glad I didn't really fall for the new Q60 because now I'll be able to still enjoy and appreciate my G37 for a while longer.

Last edited by WillCo1; 01-05-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:22 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCo1
I cant wait for the new Z.

Will it be named the 300-Z TT again?

I'm kind of glad I didn't really fall for the new Q60 because now I'll be able to still enjoy and appreciate my G37 for a while longer.
I think it will just be called "Z"

Id expect to see a 2.0T badge on the side or a 3.0T side on the badge.

I having a feeling Nissan wants to have different engine choices for the Z, making it a possibly more marketable car, considering it can come in it at different pricing levels.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit