Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:42 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
since there's nothing new about it, i'd really like to see cooled seats and around-view camera in the new Q60.

and aux inputs.

not happy that its growing in size (like EVERY car), but what can you do?
It will have Around View Monitor, 2 usbs, one AUX, a video in and 2 12v plus. Cooled seats are a toss up
Old 12-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ
And you started with my post. "Shame on you" .

Actually I have a related question to Black Betty, Would you trade in your current car for Q60 coupe given it is very similar to what we have seen so far?
I can't say as yet. Unlike most of us, I'd have to actually see it in person and drive the car to make any serious decisions about the car. Probably not, but I can't know that for sure knowing only preliminary stats and seeing a few spy pics. Not looking to replace my car now as I hardly even drive it, but when I do I'll probably upgrade to something better. I don't know if that'll be an AMG model, the new Q60, Stingray, Shelby GT50R, ATS-V, or something else. I saw a used S65 AMG and a RS5 that were both very tempting.

Last edited by Black Betty; 12-26-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:11 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Hopefully the Q60 Launch won't be a failure like it was for the Q50. Horrible MARKETING and launch by Infiniti.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:56 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
It will have Around View Monitor, 2 usbs, one AUX, a video in and 2 12v plus. Cooled seats are a toss up
Really hoping that cooled seats will be available when its finally unveiled at Detroit in a couple weeks.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:25 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I can't say as yet. Unlike most of us, I'd have to actually see it in person and drive the car to make any serious decisions about the car. Probably not, but I can't know that for sure knowing only preliminary stats and seeing a few spy pics. Not looking to replace my car now as I hardly even drive it, but when I do I'll probably upgrade to something better. I don't know if that'll be an AMG model, the new Q60, Stingray, Shelby GT50R, ATS-V, or something else. I saw a used S65 AMG and a RS5 that were both very tempting.
Thanks for the answer Betty. I take it that you are also not very impressed so far.

I also have mixed feelings and I too would like to see it in person before I decide on a new purchase yet I feel like it will be a good buy used like g37 however depending on the price they will have some though competition on the market.

I also believe that it will have an important update next year just like the g37 . Again a transmission update is likely.

I wish they had a hybrid TT v6 which would have been great. I kinda like what they did in q50 hybrid.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:29 PM
solidsilver
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sweet Jesus. Get this thread back to discussion of the new Infiniti Q60. Make a different thread about Japanese vs German vs NA vs turbo vs auto vs MT vs what the hell ever. Enough already. Damn. Like or hate the new Q60. Buy it or don't. Stop taking this thread into a thousand different directions that have already been beaten to death. Post your thought about this car and post other crap somewhere else. Thanks.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by ThebigJ
Thanks for the answer Betty. I take it that you are also not very impressed so far.

I also have mixed feelings and I too would like to see it in person before I decide on a new purchase yet I feel like it will be a good buy used like g37 however depending on the price they will have some though competition on the market.

I also believe that it will have an important update next year just like the g37 . Again a transmission update is likely.

I wish they had a hybrid TT v6 which would have been great. I kinda like what they did in q50 hybrid.
I didn't say I was impressed or wasn't. I have seen a few pictures and preliminary stats. I haven't really decided how I feel about it yet. My biggest problem isn't with the Q60 itself, but with my poor experience in dealing with Infiniti's customer service. If I want to be told to go screw myself, I can get that from any manufacturer and about a nicer car, so my 25 year brand loyalty to Nissan/Infiniti is history. When I see and drive it, it could impress me. But I haven't kept up with everything lately because the next car I buy will be for my wife and will not under any circumstances be an Infiniti because she's done with them.

Also even though my G is a 6MT, I'm not at all married to the "manual only" dogma. I used to be. But for me eliminating so many awesome cars for lacking a third pedal seems shortsighted now. Depending on the transmission that's in the Q60 I might consider it with AT because the 6MT in my car is thoroughly unimpressive. If it has the same AT and MT that's in the current G, it's a no go because to me neither transmission is what it should be or is up to par with most comparable offerings.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:30 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
I didn't say I was impressed or wasn't. I have seen a few pictures and preliminary stats. I haven't really decided how I feel about it yet. My biggest problem isn't with the Q60 itself, but with my poor experience in dealing with Infiniti's customer service. If I want to be told to go screw myself, I can get that from any manufacturer and about a nicer car, so my 25 year brand loyalty to Nissan/Infiniti is history. When I see and drive it, it could impress me. But I haven't kept up with everything lately because the next car I buy will be for my wife and will not under any circumstances be an Infiniti because she's done with them.

Also even though my G is a 6MT, I'm not at all married to the "manual only" dogma. I used to be. But for me eliminating so many awesome cars for lacking a third pedal seems shortsighted now. Depending on the transmission that's in the Q60 I might consider it with AT because the 6MT in my car is thoroughly unimpressive. If it has the same AT and MT that's in the current G, it's a no go because to me neither transmission is what it should be or is up to par with most comparable offerings.
Sadly, I agree with both of the bolded statements.

The 6MT could have been a lot better and much more refined on the G.

Not to mention the problems with the CSC etc...
Old 12-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
i hope they change the Q50's deal with requiring the maple interior accents with certain packages like Nav.

i f***ing hate wood interior trim.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:53 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

I agree with you regarding brand loyalty. I bought my recent CPO from a different dealership than the local dealership that I normally deal with.. I had some issues with them that I notified Infiniti Consumer affairs about. Basically nothing came about from it.
Fortunately for Infiniti my local dealership has been absolutely fantastic with me (Crossroads Infiniti Raleigh). Never the less the negative experience with the Charleston SC dealership (Baker Motors) left a bit of a stain and diminished my brand loyalty a bit.

I remember a time when Nissan/ Infiniti were very focused on the customer/ownership experience. it doesn't feel so much so anymore

So when the Q60 comes out, I will consider it but it will be hotly contested from other competitors.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:19 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
i hope they change the Q50's deal with requiring the maple interior accents with certain packages like Nav.

To each his own, I love wood interior!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:10 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts

. The brushed aluminum only comes on non nav and Nav only packages. Its standard on on the Deluxe and Tech.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:40 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
I don't mind wood trim but it depends on the car. If I get a Q60, since its a sportier car, I would not want it. But with the right color setup, wood in the Q50 could be real nice
Old 12-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I'm not particularly a wood trim guy either, but when it's done right it's absolutely stunning. Look at the black ash trim in a Mercedes. Lovely. But I get that it's not everyone's taste. For every wood trim hater, there's somebody with brushed aluminum who wants the wood.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
I'm not particularly a wood trim guy either, but when it's done right it's absolutely stunning. Look at the black ash trim in a Mercedes. Lovely. But I get that it's not everyone's taste. For every wood trim hater, there's somebody with brushed aluminum who wants the wood.
i understand, its a matter of opinion and personal taste .... BUT GIVE US THE *OPTION* OF EITHER WOOD OR ALUMINUM!

its not like the aluminum trim would interfere with the telescoping steering column or around-view monitor. it has nothing to do with anything, other than being stuck in an option package.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit