DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Im just sad it didnt turn out like this:

Old 11-27-2015, 08:35 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Im just sad it didnt turn out like this:

It looks like that minus the dl running lights. I think the top variant will look outstanding.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:16 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by VaderK52
It looks like that minus the dl running lights. I think the top variant will look outstanding.
Agreed, the production model looks identical to that! Plus, as you stated , the top of the line high powered version will look different than the pics. The version pictured looks awesome to begin with, so can't wait to see the other version.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:15 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
I dont like the bottom portion of that grill up^^^there. THAT ceapens the look. I will if they have a coupe at the Auto Show tomorrow. Will post pics for sure if they do
Old 11-28-2015, 05:04 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Off topic question for the mods: Once the 17 Q60 is officially available will there be a totally new forum (MyQ60)or will we make space here. I like this place.

Back on topic, I'm really excited about this new model. Was set out on getting a new Shelby gt350 or ZR1 but I really am starting to like luxury sports coupes more. Not saying the G37 is the most luxurious car but it's really refined with enough excitement for my liking. Had a stroked out 347 SN95 that had well over 400hp and was was fun as hell to drive but was a ground pounding brute. So if we get 400-425hp TT I am going to be overly excited and sold.

Last question : I've only owned 1 awd car that was a basic Subaru Impreza with something like 130hp haha but it was a fun little car that felt slightly stronger than what it was rated at. I guess the awd gave that impression. I can't imagine an 400+hp awd coupe and should be a no Brainer but what would you guys get..awd or rwd? Pro's and con's between the 2 please...TIA
Old 11-28-2015, 05:55 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Last question : I've only owned 1 awd car that was a basic Subaru Impreza with something like 130hp haha but it was a fun little car that felt slightly stronger than what it was rated at. I guess the awd gave that impression. I can't imagine an 400+hp awd coupe and should be a no Brainer but what would you guys get..awd or rwd? Pro's and con's between the 2 please...TIA
Depends on the AWD system and if its performance oriented. A bad AWD system will hamper your ability to fully control the car. They are better off the line, but you lose a lot of control that you have in a RWD car. Some people want/need them for winter, although in my experience a RWD car with winter tires handles better than an AWD car with all season tires. There's always a price to pay, in addition to loss of control you get worse gas mileage and the car is heavier as well.

That said, Nissan can do some pretty amazing magic like AWD system in the GT-R. I don't foresee them using the same AWD system in the Q60, but they could do other things to make the Q60's AWD system better. Have to wait and see, but my $$$ is on RWD being the way to go.
The following users liked this post:
VaderK52 (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 06:33 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ttv36
And, IMO, it still looks like a Honda Accord
Originally Posted by monytx
That's what I was thinking.
I wrote sometime ago the current FX looks exactly like the Infiniti Essence concept in the shape of a SUV and the majority of the people here thought I was drinking so I'm not going to criticize anyone for what they see, but I will disagree strongly with the two of you.

I see no resemblance between the rear of these cars. Most cars have the soft line above the license plate. The remaining lines are in different places. The size of the trunk lid are different and placement of the trunk opening are in different places. The size and shape of the lights are different and those lights are not new to Infiniti's. The size of the license plate holder on the Q60 is more horizontal catering to European plates while Accord's caters more to the box shape of American plates. The rear of the accord looks like a 45 degree angle while the Q60 looks more like a 80-90 degree angle. Both bumpers have a "fat" a$$ look, but that is one of the few characteristics that has been consistent since the G35.

This pic from the front is where I noticed a resemblance to the honda accord, but I would not put much stock in this photo. Infiniti is known to have the worst press release photos but this was not released by Infiniti. It's someone hiding in the bushes taking this pic from a bad angle. If you look at the second pic, you can see the whole car has a wide stance and the front looks similar in proportion to the back whereas this pic of the front gives the appearance this car is shaped like an arrow and the front is much smaller than the back which has never been a part of Infiniti's designs. If anything, they tend to be more muscular up front for better or worse.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:43 PM
InfinitiFreak

Off topic question for the mods: Once the 17 Q60 is officially available will there be a totally new forum (MyQ60)or will we make space here. I like this place.

Back on topic, I'm really excited about this new model. Was set out on getting a new Shelby gt350 or ZR1 but I really am starting to like luxury sports coupes more. Not saying the G37 is the most luxurious car but it's really refined with enough excitement for my liking. Had a stroked out 347 SN95 that had well over 400hp and was was fun as hell to drive but was a ground pounding brute. So if we get 400-425hp TT I am going to be overly excited and sold.

My current g37 is rwd and for the winter I just used snow tires and it was fine. However, I have been debating on whether I want my upcoming q60 to be awd. I know I would pay a gas mileage penalty but it would be nice in the rain. I'm curious as to others who may be debating between rwd and awd.
VaderK52 (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 07:58 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I used to own a manual Forester XT (the old models which share the motor with STi and very much car like) and I loved it until the engine needed rebuilding.

AWD usually makes the car launch better and puts the power a little better but still if you feel like 130hp is strong its probably because you haven't driven the stronger ones. My XT was 2.5 Turbo and putting 225HP to the wheels and in the boost it felt quick.

That being said, if you have to use in in snow no matter what you have (awd or rwd) you need GOOD SNOW TIRES. AWD is not a substitude for snow tires. If you are in one of the states having hard winters then you should go for the AWD. If you are getting a little snow a rwd with snow tires should do the trick.

You should try the new wrx, that is an efficient and quick engine.
VaderK52 (11-29-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 10:33 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts

RWD all day. First off, if a 6MT will be offered, it will NOT be available with AWD.

You should NOT buy this car with a 7AT.

If you want the most fun and engaging experience out of the car, youre gonna need 400 horses being sent to the rear of the car, a manual gearbox in your hand, and a pedal that your left foot uses to control all that power.
VaderK52 (11-29-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 10:53 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
RWD all day. First off, if a 6MT will be offered, it will NOT be available with AWD.

If you want the most fun and engaging experience out of the car, youre gonna need 400 horses being sent to the rear of the car, a manual gearbox in your hand, and a pedal that your left foot uses to control all that power.
Agreed 100%. But you're gonna **** a lot of people off. Look forward to seeing the excuses. (traffic, auto are faster, blah blah blah). lol
Old 11-28-2015, 11:00 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl

There were rumours of a dual clutch system with just paddles, much like the gtr. Should be interesting where they go with this thing.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:33 AM
chilibowl

There were rumours of a dual clutch system with just paddles, much like the gtr. Should be interesting where they go with this thing.
Uhm yeah, those rumors are just that, rumors. Completely false.

The DCT in the GTR is a dual driveshaft behemoth. It will never make it into a Q.

This car will have the 7AT out of a M56 (Q70). Period.

Lets hope the 6MT is not a revision CD009 and a CD010 lmao.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:32 AM
InfinitiFreak

With the partnership between Merc and Infiniti there is a possibility that they could use the multi cluth system from the new C63S, especially since they are sharing engines and transmissions between a few other cars. That would be pretty awesome! So I wouldn't expect the GT-R dual cluth, but would not be surprised to see the one from the new C63S land in the Q60!

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 11-29-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:22 AM
chilibowl

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
With the partnership between Merc and Infiniti there is a possibility that they could use the multi cluth system from the new C63S, especially since they are sharing engines and transmissions between a few other cars. That would be pretty awesome! So I wouldn't expect the GT-R dual cluth, but would not be surprised to see the one from the new C63S land in the Q60!
Nope.

The DCT from Merc will only be inside the Q30/QX30, because it bolts right upto to their 2.0T .

A lot of people dont know, but a lot of the testing done on the Q50 Eau Rouge was transmission testing.

The Q50 Eau Rouge had an M56 transmission (Jatco JR711E) . That was the 7AT they know they had to perfect to withstand 400-+ torque.... They will use that transmission in the Q50, Q60, Q70, QX70.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit