G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 04:49 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Sadly the Red doesn't show the lines like I had hoped. I might have to go another color. My goal, which may sound childish, was to go with Red on white wheels to be the opposite of my bike. But if the Q60 looks better in White, then I could go for Red wheels.

On to another subject, we know that the Q60 will be announced officially with in the next few months, my money is that it will be Detroit. My guess is that it arrives in Sept, so pricing and options wont be released until may/jun at best. So at Detroit, you think the will confirm engine options, specs, drivetrain and transmissions?
Attached Thumbnails Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-fb_img_1448132678472.jpg  
Old 11-24-2015, 05:08 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
I agree with Chili...the pics suck. I highly doubt this car will look anything like a Honda in person. I also agree with Joker that the red was a terrible color choice to show this thing off. I would have picked white, dark gray or the new blue they are going to issue (forgot the name). The red, as I said in a previous post, does nothing for the car
Old 11-24-2015, 05:10 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
I wander if its the same venetian ruby that my dad's q50 is. Hard to tell, but if it is, in person, that paint is sparkly and gorgeous.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:11 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
I agree with Chili...the pics suck. I highly doubt this car will look anything like a Honda in person. I also agree with Joker that the red was a terrible color choice to show this thing off. I would have picked white, dark gray or the new blue they are going to issue (forgot the name). The red, as I said in a previous post, does nothing for the car
Well the Q50 is getting Iridum Blue on the H.O. V6. They also have Hermosa Blue and Hagne Blue in their line up.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:24 PM
krazyfiend
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
So at Detroit, you think the will confirm engine options, specs, drivetrain and transmissions?
Hopefully those details will be revealed Jan 11-12 during the press preview @ DAS when the coupe is slated to be shown.. Need to start pushing the new from the ground up engine platform at some point.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:45 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Calm down. I like the stitched leather and seats too but NOT the center dash sorry.

First of all it is "too" busy in an ugly way.

1. Too many parts for same surface like the carbon fiber trim. And CF is not equal to good design.

2. High res screens are no longer luxury, it is a part of our daily lives so instead of 2 screens just make it one bigger screen and be done with it. It is a fcking car not the table of a web designer. Also why do you place a frame between the screens what's the point.

3. The fit on the edges where different materials come together is not good but maybe they address it on the production model.

4. The steering wheel is ok but not great, I really wanted a more agressive and smaller steering wheel.

Hate me if you want I don't care, I simply did not like this interior.

Originally Posted by chilibowl
You must be used to riding in Bentley's and S-Classes daily.

I am seriously not seeing wtf youre talking about. A tablet on top of another?

All I see are two bad *** high definition screens and every line is super tight and put together 100%

There's carbon fiber, aluminum, white and black leather everywhere, I dont see how the fit and finish is not there.

Lastly, the white leather will never make it to production, this is a concept.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:47 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM

some additional angles... a little less distortion
The last photo is distorted right ?

It looks quite good from the back and the side I like it.

But I hope there is a problem with the angle or sth else with the front shot since it looks badly distorted...
Old 11-24-2015, 07:14 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Love everything about the car except the exterior and interior color. Need to see it in a dark grey with black interior and whatever spoiler they offer. This does not look like the top trim level, so I wonder what the top of line more aggressive version is going to look like! The back lights are pretty awesome, though part of me will miss the signature four rings, but oh well, at least the new one is dead sexy. Now I just need some hp/tq numbers and I can stop resisting the urge to spend the money I have been saving for the down payment,lol.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:41 PM
eljoker

One thing that I seem to find interesting is the RED S on the back.

Lets take for a minute and study this. A couple pages back we saw very strong rumors and theories about the next Wave of engines. With these pics, we can confirm that it will have a 3.0t. Hopefully a Twin Turbo but we wont know until its official. We know that the Q50 will come with 2 versions of the 3.0t but there are rumors that they will be defined by Silver and Red S. I do not See IPL badging, so does that mean that IPL is dead or this is not the more aggressive one?

Based on this Q60 having a Red S, if the rumors of the Q50 are true then common sense leads us to believe that this will have the 400 hp/ 350 lbs tq engine. Put upon further inspection of the pics we see that the Body is not that aggressive. The wheels look big and the brake calipers are Red. The Exhaust tips look Standard size and but the wheel gap seems minimal which leads to a possible sport tuned suspension ala lowered.

So, will the Q60 be offered in just 2 engine options, 2.0t and 3.0t?
Is this the S and only S or is there a S and a S
Is there a more Extreme model coming out?
Does it make sense to offer a 2.0t 208hp/260tq, 3.0t 300hp/295tq, 3.0t 400hp/350tq on a low volume vehicle?

Do you think that the Red S Infinitis could be called IPL and have a Red S while the Silver S are just called sports?

BUT wait there is MORE!!!!

This could be the 6MT. Wait, the only confirmation we have is the video of the Q50 launched when asked if the Q50 will offer a manual. Von Jorgan (or what ever his name is) said that it would return in the Coupe.

But why do I think this could be a 6MT? Well here is my theory.
There is no additional equipment on the Coupe. I believe the Q50 will over the Around view monitor on lower spec packages in 2016. Currently the 2014-2015 require the Deluxe Touring package to get the Around view monitor. That system is paired with the sonar. Notice in the pics we do not see the Sonar "buttons" nor the bulges for the cameras in the mirrors? No if Infiniti offers a 6MT. they would not offer it with a lot of packages, the reasons being that it would strictly be RWD and the Manual crowd is a small crowd. No sense in offering a model in in one drive line with one transmission and 3-5 different package options in a small selling segment.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:51 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
ewwwwwww. Looks like a Hybrid of a Genesis, Lexus RC, Q50 Sedan, and the rear of a porsche.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:26 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by eljoker
One thing that I seem to find interesting is the RED S on the back.

Lets take for a minute and study this. A couple pages back we saw very strong rumors and theories about the next Wave of engines. With these pics, we can confirm that it will have a 3.0t. Hopefully a Twin Turbo but we wont know until its official. We know that the Q50 will come with 2 versions of the 3.0t but there are rumors that they will be defined by Silver and Red S. I do not See IPL badging, so does that mean that IPL is dead or this is not the more aggressive one?

Based on this Q60 having a Red S, if the rumors of the Q50 are true then common sense leads us to believe that this will have the 400 hp/ 350 lbs tq engine. Put upon further inspection of the pics we see that the Body is not that aggressive. The wheels look big and the brake calipers are Red. The Exhaust tips look Standard size and but the wheel gap seems minimal which leads to a possible sport tuned suspension ala lowered.

So, will the Q60 be offered in just 2 engine options, 2.0t and 3.0t?
Is this the S and only S or is there a S and a S
Is there a more Extreme model coming out?
Does it make sense to offer a 2.0t 208hp/260tq, 3.0t 300hp/295tq, 3.0t 400hp/350tq on a low volume vehicle?

Do you think that the Red S Infinitis could be called IPL and have a Red S while the Silver S are just called sports?

BUT wait there is MORE!!!!

This could be the 6MT. Wait, the only confirmation we have is the video of the Q50 launched when asked if the Q50 will offer a manual. Von Jorgan (or what ever his name is) said that it would return in the Coupe.

But why do I think this could be a 6MT? Well here is my theory.
There is no additional equipment on the Coupe. I believe the Q50 will over the Around view monitor on lower spec packages in 2016. Currently the 2014-2015 require the Deluxe Touring package to get the Around view monitor. That system is paired with the sonar. Notice in the pics we do not see the Sonar "buttons" nor the bulges for the cameras in the mirrors? No if Infiniti offers a 6MT. they would not offer it with a lot of packages, the reasons being that it would strictly be RWD and the Manual crowd is a small crowd. No sense in offering a model in in one drive line with one transmission and 3-5 different package options in a small selling segment.

What do you guys think?
You could be onto something but I would not be surprised if the top of the line coupe has a higher hp/tq number than the top of the line sedan.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Zerafian

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
the pics make the car look so damn narrow. I need to see it in person before I can really make any decisions.

Either gonna be a used RCF or this in 2017
The following users liked this post:
xxg00w0 (11-25-2015)
Old 11-24-2015, 08:58 PM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Why does the exhaust tips have a ring of holes around it? I noticed them in the camo pics and now in these.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:43 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ

2. High res screens are no longer luxury, it is a part of our daily lives so instead of 2 screens just make it one bigger screen and be done with it. It is a fcking car not the table of a web designer. Also why do you place a frame between the screens what's the point.

Hate me if you want I don't care, I simply did not like this interior.

Why do you want it to look like a Tesla?

The G35 Concept was their best design by far. Not sure what happened. Looks like they hired some crappy photochop guy they found on the forum to design this car. lol
Old 11-24-2015, 09:55 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by VaderK52
Why does the exhaust tips have a ring of holes around it? I noticed them in the camo pics and now in these.
I noticed that also. I assume it will alter the way the exhaust sounds, but it may also be other reason also. I'm sure someone here will know the more technical reason,lol. I would expect that feature to only show up on the sport versions.
The following users liked this post:
VaderK52 (11-25-2015)

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit