serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
LOL its definitely not happening.

The Q50 will have three engine choices.

I-4 2.0 Turbo
V6 3.0 Twin Turbo
Hybrid

It is extremely doubtful Q60 Coupe will have the hybrid setup, but it will have the other two.

It's also possible that they keep old 3.7 VQ as a backup option while turbo engines are working out the kinks and as base engine for hybrid.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:12 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Why is everyone so pessimistic about turbos? It’s not the 90's or even 2000's anymore. Turbos have come a long way and are very reliable. I can't believe any of you think Infiniti would put them in a production car which is of extreme importance to the brand if they thought it wasn’t reliable. No manufacturer in their right mind would be so foolish; well, maybe VW group. I digress, sure there have been unreliable turbo cars from other car manufacturers, but you shouldn’t conflate the two. Nissan has had a turbo V6 in the GT-R which is very reliable. I’ve never seen or read anything otherwise to indicate it wasn’t and that car has been around for a while.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
Why is everyone so pessimistic about turbos? It’s not the 90's or even 2000's anymore. Turbos have come a long way and are very reliable. I can't believe any of you think Infiniti would put them in a production car which is of extreme importance to the brand if they thought it wasn’t reliable. No manufacturer in their right mind would be so foolish; well, maybe VW group. I digress, sure there have been unreliable turbo cars from other car manufacturers, but you shouldn’t conflate the two. Nissan has had a turbo V6 in the GT-R which is very reliable. I’ve never seen or read anything otherwise to indicate it wasn’t and that car has been around for a while.
That is the way I look at it. Nissan/Infiniti knows they need to nail the Q60, which is why I believe it has taken so long to release. They got the exterior/interior right, so now all they need is to make sure the turbo has the right hp/tq numbers. I know they know how to make a good turbo as the GT-R has had one with lots of power and great performance, with pretty low issues.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 AM
JayMillz37S

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It was stated previously that the production model was actually made before the concept. So I would assume that all this extra time is being spent on perfecting What will become the brands new workhorse.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:31 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by JayMillz37S
It was stated previously that the production model was actually made before the concept. So I would assume that all this extra time is being spent on perfecting What will become the brands new workhorse.
The workhorse will always be the Sedan. Always. Its what outsells every single vehicle in the Infiniti lineup. The only other car that comes close to Q50 sales is the QX60 SUV.

Now the coupe? That's Nissan's "Baby". Its what brings seduction and sexiness to the brand. Its a lower volume seller, and that's why its MSRP is higher even though it has half the doors, but its what gets people into the dealership showroom.
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 12:42 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
We are not pessimistic , we love the new turbos.

However reliability is still a question. Show me a direct injection turbo with 150K miles and problem free then we can talk about reliability.

The new direct injection turbos are great in terms of fuel economy and power and they seem to be reliable until 80-100K however what people buying used cars call reliable is beyond that point. So far we haven't yet seen how they hold up for high mileage.

Last edited by ThebigJ; 11-05-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:57 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by ThebigJ
We are not pessimistic , we love the new turbos.

However reliability is still a question. Show me a direct injection turbo with 150K miles and problem free then we can talk about reliability.

The new direct injection turbos are great in terms of fuel economy and power and they seem to be reliable until 80-100K however what people buying used cars call reliable is beyond that point. So far we haven't yet seen how they hold up for high mileage.
That can be said for anything regardless if it uses new tech or not. And there is a line between financial sense and reliability. For instance you can buy a new car which is expensive but it's covered under warranty for several years. After that you can keep the car and maintain it for a relatively low cost since it's not that old, but at some point which is usually around the 7-8yr mark it makes fiscal sense to part with the car. Reason is that if you keep the car maintenance costs only go up on older cars, the potential for parts to fail get higher and its equity only drives further down. That goes for any car, even a highly reliable (and boring) Lexus.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:37 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

That can be said for anything regardless if it uses new tech or not. And there is a line between financial sense and reliability. For instance you can buy a new car which is expensive but it's covered under warranty for several years. After that you can keep the car and maintain it for a relatively low cost since it's not that old, but at some point which is usually around the 7-8yr mark it makes fiscal sense to part with the car. Reason is that if you keep the car maintenance costs only go up on older cars, the potential for parts to fail get higher and its equity only drives further down. That goes for any car, even a highly reliable (and boring) Lexus.
You are forgetting the used price of the vehicle. If you vehicle is reliable even after warranty (as our g37's ) you can sell it for a decent price. On the other hand if the car is unreliable , when the warranty expires it's value take a big hit(see 335i's).
Old 11-05-2015, 10:52 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by ThebigJ
You are forgetting the used price of the vehicle. If you vehicle is reliable even after warranty (as our g37's ) you can sell it for a decent price. On the other hand if the car is unreliable , when the warranty expires it's value take a big hit(see 335i's).
A quick search on some auto websites will make evident that the "big hit" you're talking about is quite absent in the sales price.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

A quick search on some auto websites will make evident that the "big hit" you're talking about is quite absent in the sales price.
Obviously you haven't searched , I did when I was buying and same condition (no warranty)milage g37 and lexus is350 was going quite higher(2-3k at least) than the 335i.
Bmws under warranty on the other hand are considerably more expensive.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:16 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Spy Shots Boys!!!

2017 Infiniti Q60 Spy Shots
The following users liked this post:
tag824 (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 12:18 PM
eljoker

Here they are.
Attached Thumbnails Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-2017-infiniti-q60-spy-shots-image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100532831_h.jpg   Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-2017-infiniti-q60-spy-shots-image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100532830_h.jpg   Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-2017-infiniti-q60-spy-shots-image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100532832_h.jpg  
Old 11-06-2015, 01:21 PM
JayMillz37S

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Spy Shots Boys!!!

2017 Infiniti Q60 Spy Shots
I spy a journey style bumper and next to it a sport bumper unless my eyes are deceiving me.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:26 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
That looks like a non-sport model since it's got the small brakes.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM
eljoker

It seems rather long and Mustangy....I hope thats just the black plastic wrap deceiving me.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit