G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 02:13 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I think a lot of these surveys are initial quality, off the showroom floor. Which frankly other than a few bugs almost all cars are great coming off the showroom. It's the 5-10 years down the road that I pay attention to.

Every mechanic I come across I always ask about the German cars .... I always get the same response (not positive). Which is a shame because there are a lot if German makes/models I would be very interested if not for the hassle and expense of ownership.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
I think a lot of these surveys are initial quality, off the showroom floor. Which frankly other than a few bugs almost all cars are great coming off the showroom. It's the 5-10 years down the road that I pay attention to.

Every mechanic I come across I always ask about the German cars .... I always get the same response (not positive). Which is a shame because there are a lot if German makes/models I would be very interested if not for the hassle and expense of ownership.

"Consumer Reports provides the most available to consumers (available to subscribers). It's based on CR's annual surveys of our over 8 million magazine and website subscribers. These surveys ask about any serious problems they've had with their vehicles in the preceding 12 months. They generate hundreds of thousands of responses—the 2015 survey, for instance, provided information on more than 740,000 vehicles—which give us a solid foundation for our reliability Ratings."

Source: Car Reliability Ratings - Consumer Reports
Old 10-22-2015, 03:19 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I saw this and their scoring includes the Infotainment system, which the Q50 had issues with when it was introduced, so that is why it is low. However, I don't consider that a reliability factor, as I am more concerned with the mechanical and things that could leave me strained.
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
^^^Agreed. I thought Infiniti was pretty mechanically sound and reliable. On the flip side, I have heard more than enough horror stories about Audi...yet they are in the "most reliable" section? IDK...I think its all BS personally
I have a CR subscription, this is everything I could find about Infiniti...

• Nissan’s Infiniti brand has been losing ground recently, and finished 24th of 28 this year. Like several other brands Infiniti is experiencing an array of teething problems in its Q50 sedan with new electronic gear and the computers that control it all, as well as transmission problems in the QX60 SUV.

• Infiniti QX60
Airbag seat sensor malfunction. Defective catalytic converter. Interior squeaks. Loose window or roof rack trim. Door rattles. Transmission slips. Transmission replaced.

Infotainment Troubles Continue
Meanwhile, the number of complaints associated with infotainment systems has increased. Common issues include unresponsive or crashing touch screens, or a reluctance to pair a phone. AcuraLink, Cadillac’s CUE, and Infiniti’s InTouch systems have been particularly problematic.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:33 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
I have a CR subscription, this is everything I could find about Infiniti...

• Nissan’s Infiniti brand has been losing ground recently, and finished 24th of 28 this year. Like several other brands Infiniti is experiencing an array of teething problems in its Q50 sedan with new electronic gear and the computers that control it all, as well as transmission problems in the QX60 SUV.

• Infiniti QX60
Airbag seat sensor malfunction. Defective catalytic converter. Interior squeaks. Loose window or roof rack trim. Door rattles. Transmission slips. Transmission replaced.

Infotainment Troubles Continue
Meanwhile, the number of complaints associated with infotainment systems has increased. Common issues include unresponsive or crashing touch screens, or a reluctance to pair a phone. AcuraLink, Cadillac’s CUE, and Infiniti’s InTouch systems have been particularly problematic.
CR is only good at reviewing toasters and even in case of toasters they drop the ball once in a while. They know nothing about cars and consider infotainment screen issues on par with major mechanical issues which is downright retarded. They pulled Tesla's recommendation based on Tesla's charging equipment, nothing to do with car itself because they are idiots and basically think of a car in the same way I think of a vacuum cleaner. They also put a lot of stock into "perception survey" where they call landlines during work hours so they get replies from a bunch of geriatrics who are the only ones with a landline sitting bored at home during the times when normal people work, all this means that their surveys are complete garbage just like everything else they do.

Last edited by serega13; 10-22-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:44 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by serega13
CR is only good at reviewing toasters and even in case of toasters they drop the ball once in a while. They know nothing about cars and consider infotainment screen issues on par with major mechanical issues which is downright retarded. They pulled Tesla's recommendation based on Tesla's charging equipment, nothing to do with car itself because they are idiots and basically think of a car in the same way I think of a vacuum cleaner. They also put a lot of stock into "perception survey" where they call landlines during work hours so they get replies from a bunch of geriatrics who are the only ones with a landline sitting bored at home during the times when normal people work, all this means that their surveys are complete garbage just like everything else they do.
I can agree with some of that but I wouldn't discount them completely. The Tesla had issues not just with its electronics but as you said the charging system as well as motors needing to be replaced. I put those two items as major mechanical issues being it's an electric car. It's akin to a regular car having fuel delivery and engine failures. Also, it's not like people that own these cars can't wait to write badly about them but to your point, I do wish they had a tiered system which rates items instead of lumping them together.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:18 PM
2008G-Man

"Consumer Reports provides the most available to consumers (available to subscribers). It's based on CR's annual surveys of our over 8 million magazine and website subscribers. These surveys ask about any serious problems they've had with their vehicles in the preceding 12 months. They generate hundreds of thousands of responses—the 2015 survey, for instance, provided information on more than 740,000 vehicles—which give us a solid foundation for our reliability Ratings."

Source: Car Reliability Ratings - Consumer Reports
Well it's still "projected" ratings .... I take them with a grain of salt. You REALLY believe an Audi is more reliable than an Infiniti? I rest my case ....

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 10-22-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:43 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I was amazed that Tesla scored so low it's not even a recommended car by Consumer Reports anymore. Also was surprised to see the BMW 2-Series which the M2 is based off of had an above average reliability rating.

Lexus rolls, Tesla stumbles in reliability survey
This is a joke, when I was looking into buying an is350 I realized that it has WAY more problems than G37 (starting around 50-60K miles, alternator, navigation unit problem, lots of TSB's, melting dash etc.) so there is no way Infiniti is 24 while Lexus is number 1 !...

Although lexus seem to be much better at paint and service...
Old 10-22-2015, 04:56 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Well it's still "protected" ratings .... I take them with a grain of salt. You REALLY believe an Audi is more reliable than an Infiniti? I rest my case ....
What do you mean by protected?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Glenn2008
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Nissan is reliable - Infiniti is not reliable
Honda is reliable - Acura is not reliable
Do you see a pattern here?

Volkswagen is reliable? What about all of the recalls?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:34 PM
2008G-Man

What do you mean by protected?
Sorry ... auto type error ... should read "Projected"
Old 10-23-2015, 12:44 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
That's not true at all, I dare you to find me one unmolested example of G37 selling for half the original cost after 2 years. I've sold my G35 for 45% of the original price 7 years later.
how about mine? CPO loaded 2013 G37xS coupe w/Nav, Bose, spoiler, mudguards, etc - price it out on the Infiniti site: ~$54k. paid $29k - probably a little high, but it was near my house and no others around. there was a '12 G37x for $22k, but no sport package.

my Evo is worth more now than what i paid for it 5 years ago.

....but i do like nice cars that drop in value, then level out. in 1997 i bought a mint 1987 Porsche 928S4 for $17k. window sticker was $68k.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:04 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
This morning I sensed a Disturbance in the force. The Q50 came to me in a Vision....A Vision with 2 V6 options coming in the spring. One Wielding the Light Side of the Force, the other Wielding the Dark Side of the Force.

See if you can figure that riddle out.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:04 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
um...you want a new car with a big engine...namely a Q50? LoL
Old 10-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
This morning I sensed a Disturbance in the force. The Q50 came to me in a Vision....A Vision with 2 V6 options coming in the spring. One Wielding the Light Side of the Force, the other Wielding the Dark Side of the Force.

Let's hear more about this "Dark Side" V6 from your "vision"...
Old 10-23-2015, 07:16 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by eljoker

The emphasis on "Vision" indicates a direct correlation to the concept Infiniti Vision. The 2 V6 options points to two V6 engines, a lower output NA V6 and a high output FI V6; hence light/dark side. You mentioned Spring which is when the reveal will happen.

~Jedi Master

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit