Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by viper630
Yea that price, the possible mark up price, the depreciation, and the whole thing about buying the 1st generation.

I was thinking about waiting for new NEW Q60 but I found a nice '11 G37s w/ only 31K miles and paid $22K for it.
I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be any additional markups on this car. It's neither rare, nor exotic, or in that high a demand.

And it's a 3rd generation car, not the 1st. Maybe you mean first model year of the refresh. Reasonably fair point.

I'd be very surprised if base models are over the $50K mark.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:33 PM
FutureQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be any additional markups on this car. It's neither rare, nor exotic, or in that high a demand.

And it's a 3rd generation car, not the 1st. Maybe you mean first model year of the refresh. Reasonably fair point.

With a 400hp turbo "luxury" sedan there's almost no question in my mind. Heck, WRX sti are over $40k with less hp.

True points on here, I think I'll get the G and drive that for a few years.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:35 PM
FutureQ

Originally Posted by serega13
You can't go wrong with used G37 coupe, just get one with sports package, you won't regret it. We really don't know exactly when new Q60 will come out and what it will be equipped with, everything we know is just speculation and\or rare statement from an executive which sometimes contradict earlier statement from a different executive. You can always sell your coupe if and when you want to upgrade to Q60 when it finally comes out.
I thought about going base and installing Akebonos, paddle, coilovers and snagging some of the 2016 Q60 Limited 19s.

Also redo the stereo.

I currently own a tastefully modded 35th Ann 350Z I've had for 8 years. Still puts a smile on my face.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:43 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by viper630
I'm fairly new to this forum so forgive my ignorance in asking this questions but you mentioned this " I don't have a tune but in manual mode". What do you mean by "tune"? And I seen this term tossed around a few times in the forum. Do you mean like a program upgrade for the transmission? Again forgive my ignorance.
No problem Viper. We were all new at one point and what's great about this community is there's been tons of folks who have taught me a bunch along the way. I'll do my best to pay it forward.

Manual mode in the 7AT transmission allows you to shift manually with the paddle shifters or shift lever, as opposed to letting the car shift for you.

Having a tune is the use of a modified ECU program to optimize the air/fuel ratio over the course of the engine RPM band. This is referred to as a "map" and the fuel can be tuned providing a more lean or rich mixture over the engine RPM band.

In addition, some tunes will allow the tuner to increase the line pressure (hydraulic fluid) in the automatic transmission, which results in shifts that are more firm and crisp. I don't believe it gives as much control over the transmission besides line pressure, but I could be wrong.

The most popular tune is by a company called UPREV, but there's also another company that's big in the Nissan GT-R scene that offers a tune for the G37/370Z called ECUTek. There's much debate as to which is the better offering, but I won't dive into that here -primarily because I can't speak very knowledgeably on the intricacies of the subject.

While I understand the concepts of tunes, I'm unsure if I've articulated it effectively so anyone else feel free to add or correct as you see fit.

I have a Takeda cold air intake and full Fast Intentions exhaust with high flow cats and I've mulled over whether to get a tune or not...mainly because I'm at 103k miles and secondly, because I don't know how much longer I'll keep the car.

I hope that helps and welcome to the forum!
Old 09-15-2015, 03:58 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureQ
Im in the market for a used G37 coupe. Any reason to wait it out on this? I'm guessing a price of $50K for a base model.
I just leased a 2015 6MT Q60 2 year term. I figure I can skip the 1st year release and wait for the 2nd year model.

Plus, if they don't come with a 6MT, I can just buyout my lease or move to BMW.

If I do buy out, it'll be a good deal overall, since I can write off half of my lease payments.

Which means the total priced paid would be lower after taking the tax deductions...
Old 09-15-2015, 04:02 PM
FutureQ

Originally Posted by clutchfan
I just leased a 2015 6MT Q60 2 year term. I figure I can skip the 1st year release and wait for the 2nd year model.

Plus, if they don't come with a 6MT, I can just buyout my lease or move to BMW.

If I do buy out, it'll be a good deal overall, since I can write off half of my lease payments.

Which means the total priced paid would be lower after taking the tax deductions...
Ya, might just keep the 350Z. I've maintained it to glorious levels it's entire life and I paid cash for it.....so it doesn't hurt to wait a little longer.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:05 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
I thought about going base and installing Akebonos, paddle, coilovers and snagging some of the 2016 Q60 Limited 19s.

Also redo the stereo.
It's your money but Akebonos alone will cost you around $1000 plus labor. Used car with sports package will not cost much more than the base model.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:12 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

Agreed, I would not expect the base model to differ too much from the current base model price. Yes the engine will be new, but they can't price themselves too high or they will lose sales. If the higher powered hp version comes to be true, that one would have a higher base price. I expect the price to line up with what is currently available as the Q60.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:21 PM
FutureQ

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Agreed, I would not expect the base model to differ too much from the current base model price. Yes the engine will be new, but they can't price themselves too high or they will lose sales. If the higher powered hp version comes to be true, that one would have a higher base price. I expect the price to line up with what is currently available as the Q60.
That would be AMAZING if true. Still doubtful given the engine specs. Heck, the RCF is a $80K car. $50k for a 400hp turbo wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Have you seen what Tacomas are going for nowadays?
Old 09-15-2015, 04:58 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
The one with the TT V6 I would expect top start in the upper 40s. The one with the 2.0t will start in the lower 40s. I can say this confidently as this is meant to be a volume car like the its competitors. It wont be exclusive by any means and in 8 years they will be as available and inexpensive as the G37 coupes are now.

Not saying there wont be a special model like the M3s/RC-Fs/C63s/RS5s but im not saying there will be either.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:21 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
The one with the TT V6 I would expect top start in the upper 40s. The one with the 2.0t will start in the lower 40s. I can say this confidently as this is meant to be a volume car like the its competitors. It wont be exclusive by any means and in 8 years they will be as available and inexpensive as the G37 coupes are now.

Not saying there wont be a special model like the M3s/RC-Fs/C63s/RS5s but im not saying there will be either.

I think 2.0t will likely be starting in the mid to upper 30s, 2.0 T is a relatively cheap engine plus it's made in huge quantities locally in US to satisfy both Mercedes and Nissan demand. 3.0TT will probably be starting in the low 40s. The reason being is that both BMW and Audi 3.0 turbo coupes start at around 40k.

Last edited by serega13; 09-15-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:30 PM
FutureQ

Originally Posted by serega13
I think 2.0t will likely be starting in the mid to upper 30s, 2.0 T is a relatively cheap engine plus it's made in huge quantities locally in US to satisfy both Mercedes and Nissan demand. 3.0TT will probably be starting in the low 40s. The reason being is that both BMW and Audi 3.0 turbo coupes start at around 40k.
Audi 3.0TT starts at $52K A5 doesn't come in 3.0L
235i is $44K before you add wheels.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:53 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Audi 3.0TT starts at $52K A5 doesn't come in 3.0L
235i is $44K before you add wheels.
My Q60 6MT agreed upon price was $38k. My buyout is $30k. I'm guessing when lease is up, I can negotiate a lower buyout price? I mean, they had a very hard time selling this coupe. lol (not to many people want a 9 year old design and manual transmission.).

Imagine 2 years from now when the new Q60 is out.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:00 PM
FutureQ

Originally Posted by clutchfan
My Q60 6MT agreed upon price was $38k. My buyout is $30k. I'm guessing when lease is up, I can negotiate a lower buyout price? I mean, they had a very hard time selling this coupe. lol (not to many people want a 9 year old design and manual transmission.).

Imagine 2 years from now when the new Q60 is out.
I'll probably keep the 350Z until the new Q is out. See how prices fair.

The salesperson look surprised and excited when I asked about the G37. Doesn't seem like he's had a lot of buyers.

Right now Im looking at G37S in the 26ish range with around 20k miles.

I'd like to pick one up private party for closer to 23k to avoid taxes.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:07 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

I'll probably keep the 350Z until the new Q is out. See how prices fair.

The salesperson look surprised and excited when I asked about the G37. Doesn't seem like he's had a lot of buyers.

Right now Im looking at G37S in the 26ish range with around 20k miles.

I'd like to pick one up private party for closer to 23k to avoid taxes.
Yeah, plus the older models have 4WAS. So if you can find one with that, lucky you!

Infiniti best seller right now is the QX60 followed by the Q50. The G37/Q60 is just too old. So everyone is waiting for the refresh.
The following users liked this post:
FutureQ (09-15-2015)

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit