G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 11:41 AM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
You guys completely missed the point. Sales are up for all manufacturers because demand is high and economy is doing relatively well. It does not mean they are doing well relative to other brands. People are buying Infiniti SUVs not because they are so great but because SUV is now the most popular mode of transportation as sedans are going out of style. But this is exactly where Lexus and Acura are killing it with their rebadged Toyotas and Hondas. Some months Lexus is selling more RX SUVs than Infiniti is selling all of their models combined. Nissan was the last one to this party with their rebadged Pathfinder called QX60. QX30 could be a big seller just because general public is now buying any and all CUVs, it's a new trend but what exactly did Infiniti contribute to Q30 and QX30 as it’s basically a rebadged Mercedes with new sheet metal? If you really want a car or CUV like that, why not go to the source and buy the Mercedes version?

So don't give me all of that regurgitated BS from the marketing office of Infiniti, I think they have all of the right pieces in place to be a successfull company but they never miss an opportunity to make a really stupid decision that sets them back again and again.

For example I find it alarming that they've downgraded new Q60 design from "will look 90% like concept" to "will borrow styling elements from concept".

Last edited by serega13; 08-10-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:39 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
You guys completely missed the point. Sales are up for all manufacturers because demand is high and economy is doing relatively well. It does not mean they are doing well relative to other brands. People are buying Infiniti SUVs not because they are so great but because SUV is now the most popular mode of transportation as sedans are going out of style. But this is exactly where Lexus and Acura are killing it with their rebadged Toyotas and Hondas. Some months Lexus is selling more RX SUVs than Infiniti is selling all of their models combined. Nssan was the last one to this party with their rebadged Pathfinder called QX60i. QX30 could be a big seller just because general public is now buying any and all CUVs, it's a new trend but what exactly did Infiniti contribute to Q30 and QX30 as it’s basically a rebadged Mercedes with new sheet metal? If you really want a car or CUV like that, why not go to the source and buy the Mercedes version?

So don't give me all of that regurgitated BS from the marketing office of Infiniti, I think they have all of the right pieces in place to be a successfull company but they never miss an opportunity to make a really stupid decision that sets them back again and again.

For example I find it alarming that they've downgraded new Q60 design from "will look 90% like concept" to "will borrow styling elements from concept".
Not sure how its a rebadged pathfinder as the QX60 was out 8 months before the pathfinder. Also sales on QX60s are meeting and exceeding expectations where as the pathfinder are not. 2016 pathfinders are getting an update to make them more appealing.

And you are right, Infiniti is not selling the Volume that Lexus is selling but it is selling more vehicles than before. Its going to be a while before they catch up to Lexus although im sure Lexus sales will slow down when they introduce their no haggle structure in the short term.

Also, the QX30/Q30 is a joint venture between Diamler and Nissan. Meaning Daimler was in charge of the engineering and Nissan of the production, hence why Nissan builds the engines for Benz (the 2.0s) in the states and is building the plant in Mexico that will allow production of Infinitis and MBs. (Im not to thrilled about ''outside japan" production, personally).

Fact of the matter is, the Eau Rouge was never a good idea out side of paper. Would it of sold? Sure it would have but not for it to make sense for Inifniti at its current size as a company.

A Q60 with 400hp? Ya that will probably exist at some point but im guessing the one that sells the most will be the one they offer with a smaller engine. Look at the A5/C Coupe/4 Series.

Even if the Q60 flops, which it wont, its not a high volume car that will break them. Idk why people keep saying the Q50 is a flop. We are selling more and more every month.

Acura and Lexus will always sell more cars because of $$$, thats just a fact. What people dont realize is that you can get the same thing from the Sub Brands for less $$$. Thats where Infiniti differs.

Have you guys seen the new TLX? Hope into one of those and then Sit in a Q50. You can FEEL the price difference. Have you seen the new Accord? Id buy that sucker over the TLX any day, thats how indifferent they are.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:52 PM
eljoker

Im betting the 2.0T goes into the Q60 as well. Here is a good read on that engine http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...ob-its-a-craft
Old 08-10-2015, 04:47 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
If you really want a car or CUV like that, why not go to the source and buy the Mercedes version?
Simple...if I were to want one of those I would not want to pay MB money if I didnt have to. People kill me with the whole status BS. If I have two cars that are identical in every way except a little sheet metal, and one is 35k and one 75k...I am getting the 35. WTF would I pay more for something if I didnt have to? Never made sense to me. ANYWAY, off topic a little. You still haven't made a compelling argument to back up your statement that Infiniti is doing poorly. Considering their sales numbers have increased, and considering the in between segment they are in I'd say they are actually doing well. You even said that the sales numbers between Lexus and Acura fluctuate...whats to say Infiniti wont pass them up with the release of some of the new models? Then would you say Acura and Lexus are not doing well? Sales numbers fluctuate for all types of reasons, demographics, maintenance records, popularity etc. Infiniti is fine....Mitsubishi on the other hand. That is a company not doing well~!
The following 2 users liked this post by evil-G-nius:
eljoker (08-10-2015), twin_snails (08-13-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 04:49 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Simple...if I were to want one of those I would not want to pay MB money if I didnt have to. People kill me with the whole status BS. If I have two cars that are identical in every way except a little sheet metal, and one is 35k and one 75k...I am getting the 35. WTF would I pay more for something if I didnt have to? Never made sense to me. ANYWAY, off topic a little. You still haven't made a compelling argument to back up your statement that Infiniti is doing poorly. Considering their sales numbers have increased, and considering the in between segment they are in I'd say they are actually doing well. You even said that the sales numbers between Lexus and Acura fluctuate...whats to say Infiniti wont pass them up with the release of some of the new models? Then would you say Acura and Lexus are not doing well? Sales numbers fluctuate for all types of reasons, demographics, maintenance records, popularity etc. Infiniti is fine....Mitsubishi on the other hand. That is a company not doing well~!
Actually.....I heard their sales were up compared to last year.....but they defeitanly fell from the top. They used to be every where back when they had the Exclipse, Endevor, Galant, Montero, Ect
Old 08-10-2015, 05:06 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Yeah, they have been so bad in the past few years that they are going to pull all North American Sales. But, to be honest, I have been hearing that for years too! I used to have a Mitsu and went to their ownership days at the HQ in LA and kept hearing that they were folding up tent and bouncing...yet they are still here. The only vehicle they have that is keeping them a float is the Outlander sport. Every other car they have is trash. They killed the Evo which was the biggest cash maker for them, killed the Eclipse, killed the Galant, kept the Mirage (WTF?) and I can't remember what else they have cuz none of the cars were interesting enough to pay attention to
Old 08-10-2015, 06:35 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Im betting the 2.0T goes into the Q60 as well. Here is a good read on that engine http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...ob-its-a-craft
Engine will not make good power. It's almost aimed at people wanting to get more mpg.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:08 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

^^Yeah I dont think so. I think it said 211 hp and 236 tq. So not a throw you in the seat boosted beast
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 02:40 AM
skyline_nismo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im betting the 2.0T goes into the Q60 as well.
I hope Infiniti does not do that. I want the coupe to remain premium and come with a V6 only.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:04 AM
eljoker

I expect the 2.0t on the Infinits in RWD config are going to be a little more than 211 and 236. Thats what they are rated for in other markets but if memory serves me right, in the press release they said to expect final figures later in the fall. Why not give all the details now if its the same numbers?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:47 AM
serega13

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Simple...if I were to want one of those I would not want to pay MB money if I didnt have to. People kill me with the whole status BS. If I have two cars that are identical in every way except a little sheet metal, and one is 35k and one 75k...I am getting the 35.
MB version is 31k.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:16 AM
serega13

Not sure how its a rebadged pathfinder as the QX60 was out 8 months before the pathfinder. Also sales on QX60s are meeting and exceeding expectations where as the pathfinder are not. 2016 pathfinders are getting an update to make them more appealing.

And you are right, Infiniti is not selling the Volume that Lexus is selling but it is selling more vehicles than before. Its going to be a while before they catch up to Lexus although im sure Lexus sales will slow down when they introduce their no haggle structure in the short term.

Also, the QX30/Q30 is a joint venture between Diamler and Nissan. Meaning Daimler was in charge of the engineering and Nissan of the production, hence why Nissan builds the engines for Benz (the 2.0s) in the states and is building the plant in Mexico that will allow production of Infinitis and MBs. (Im not to thrilled about ''outside japan" production, personally).

Fact of the matter is, the Eau Rouge was never a good idea out side of paper. Would it of sold? Sure it would have but not for it to make sense for Inifniti at its current size as a company.

A Q60 with 400hp? Ya that will probably exist at some point but im guessing the one that sells the most will be the one they offer with a smaller engine. Look at the A5/C Coupe/4 Series.

Even if the Q60 flops, which it wont, its not a high volume car that will break them. Idk why people keep saying the Q50 is a flop. We are selling more and more every month.

Acura and Lexus will always sell more cars because of $$$, thats just a fact. What people dont realize is that you can get the same thing from the Sub Brands for less $$$. Thats where Infiniti differs.

Have you guys seen the new TLX? Hope into one of those and then Sit in a Q50. You can FEEL the price difference. Have you seen the new Accord? Id buy that sucker over the TLX any day, thats how indifferent they are.
I agree on a lot of things with you, however QX60 and Pathfinder are built on the same components and pathfinder sells a lot more cars than does QX60 (double in fact) so I think you numbers are a little off.

I'm also not a big fan of production outside of Japan as quality always suffers and they start cutting corners, union gets involved, etc.

Was Eau Rouge a good idea or not? It definitely raised company profile and generated a lot of news articles, pictures, etc. Would have been a great halo car for the company underscoring their goal to be THE sports/luxury company, now the halo car will be the luxoboat Q80 that will not enter production for who knows how many years if ever and basically moves the company in the direction of more luxury and less sports. So in my opinion it was a mistake to dismiss Eau Rouge but who knows, it might come back in a year or two.

I also agree that 2.0T engine is a great addition, it was insane how 95% of Infiniti cars had the same engine, no matter how good it may be, especially since most competitors have had 2.0T for a while now.

I can't speak for others but my personal opinion of why Q50 is a flop is because it's not better than G37 which is a 10 year old design. Every single auto publication seems to agree. Here we again see more emphasis on luxury and less on sport.

TLX is of course a very poor car just like the rest of Acura lineup. The only reason they are not bankrupt already is that general public has no clue and will buy any turd if it's marketed right.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:32 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MB version is 31k.
No, they start at 38k and go up to 50+
Old 08-12-2015, 05:12 PM
serega13

Originally Posted by jjasonSU
No, they start at 38k and go up to 50+
What are you talking about? Q30 is based on CLA which starts at $31500 and QX30 is based on GLA which also starts at $31500. Were you banned on Google or something?
Old 08-12-2015, 11:03 PM
eljoker

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

If Infiniti can tune the Q30/QX30 to shift better, provide a nicer interior and handle a little sportier than the MB twins, the will sell extremely well.

I got a buddy at Benz that says those are the 3 biggest complaints. The transmission in the CLA was a little on the rough side.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit