Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:35 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
So tell me how has the Q coupe changed way more than the badging? Can you?? I drive a 2008 G S. And what company makes a TT kit for the G? FI ??? Close but not finished. AAM sure but it's house install and Boosted Performance makes a single for the 370z and one member here did install it on his G but he had to do some mods to make it work. GTM is out of the game and Stillen only makes a SC. I am truly curious as to where you get your info?? Articles?? There is no finished or final product. There is not even test mule shots of this new vehicle you talk about. There is a concept and rumors about engines and all this other stuff. Should of read what I posted!
Man you get salty quick. As far as the TT kit, the GTM kits are still available places so technically you saying there are NO turbo kits available is inaccurate. As far as the car changing, yes there are concept pics, and a concept model released at the Auto Show. But historically, Infiniti has done pretty good about making the released car pretty close to the concept car. Do you remember the concept for the 37? They pretty much made that a reality. So when the new gen Q60 is released I'd bet a dime to a doughnut that it will look like the concept. So no need to be so defensive...I was simply asking you a question
Old 07-02-2015, 12:40 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
It's the Telegraph and odd that they're writing this article on the Goodwood Festival of Speed (why not one of the car rags instead??):

Infiniti to build sporty models based on new 400bhp hybrid V6 - Telegraph

Money quote:

The twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine will have about 400bhp, as well as an impressive amount of torque, according to François Goupil de Bouillé, Infiniti’s Vice President for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Goupil de Bouillé said that despite Infiniti being the luxury arm of Nissan, the new engine is not related to the GT-R’s twin-turbo V6, but that its standout feature would be mid-range pulling power: “Torque is as important as the output. If you’re interested in this kind of metric I believe you will be satisfied,” he said, before hinting that in order to achieve this the engine would be mated to an electric motor.

The new car will not, however, be a production version of 2014’s Q50 Eau Rouge. “That was a concept car,” said Goupil de Bouillé. “This is going to be something different but delivering high performance.”
Old 07-02-2015, 01:20 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
It's the Telegraph and odd that they're writing this article on the Goodwood Festival of Speed (why not one of the car rags instead??):

Infiniti to build sporty models based on new 400bhp hybrid V6 - Telegraph

Money quote:

The twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine will have about 400bhp, as well as an impressive amount of torque, according to François Goupil de Bouillé, Infiniti’s Vice President for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Goupil de Bouillé said that despite Infiniti being the luxury arm of Nissan, the new engine is not related to the GT-R’s twin-turbo V6, but that its standout feature would be mid-range pulling power: “Torque is as important as the output. If you’re interested in this kind of metric I believe you will be satisfied,” he said, before hinting that in order to achieve this the engine would be mated to an electric motor.

The new car will not, however, be a production version of 2014’s Q50 Eau Rouge. “That was a concept car,” said Goupil de Bouillé. “This is going to be something different but delivering high performance.”
I'm really liking the more torque and mid range pulling statements! Sounds like they may have nailed the engine, so as long as the production car look 90% similar to the concept, this will be my next car!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:44 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

I was a little disappointed to hear that they're going to be using a hybrid setup to get all the way to 400hp.

Considering that Mercedes confirmed that they're bumping the power of the 2.0L 4 cylinder in the A45 to 376hp and 350 lb-ft of torque (with no electrification mind you), it's disappointing to see that it's taking an electric motor to get all the way there with an extra 1.0L of displacement and two more cylinders. Unless of course it's a purposeful drip, drip of specs and a disinfo article meant to throw people off until they're damn good and ready (maybe the Tokyo motor show) to announce the full specs.

Mercedes-Benz CLA45 and GLA45 AMG to get upgraded engine | Autocar

The revised A45 gets a 21bhp boost of power for 2015, taking its total output up to 376bhp from 355bhp. It also gets an increase in torque of 18lb ft, so it now has 350lb ft at 2250rpm.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:44 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Man you get salty quick. As far as the TT kit, the GTM kits are still available places so technically you saying there are NO turbo kits available is inaccurate. As far as the car changing, yes there are concept pics, and a concept model released at the Auto Show. But historically, Infiniti has done pretty good about making the released car pretty close to the concept car. Do you remember the concept for the 37? They pretty much made that a reality. So when the new gen Q60 is released I'd bet a dime to a doughnut that it will look like the concept. So no need to be so defensive...I was simply asking you a question
Not salty! Just put your big boy pants on. Where are GTM kits being sold? Can you name one and have proof other than the classifieds? And when did I say there are no turbo kits for the G? You need to learn how to read before you make yourself look like a fool. So once again G- Nius which is a perfect forum name for you. GTM Went bankrupt and currently there is no one selling there kits. AAM makes one for the G but is a in house install. FastIntentions just finished their first G TT Kit and you sir are a tard! Also you have still not explained the difference between the G 37 coupe and the Q coupe. You said yourself there is and please explain.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:48 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Hybrid? So it's official. No 6mt for the 2016 Q60. Unless some miracle happens.

Also, seeing the article stating the 2016 Q60 will be released Late 2016. So once again, the dealership lied to me. Oct. 2015, my a##.

So that means it's going to be a 2017 model? Haven't seen a 2016 G37 so who knows.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:28 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

^^Well, we don't know yet...There's been so much with regard to specifications tossed out there that I wouldn't count on anything until there's an official press release. And then there's the fact that it came from the Telegraph which isn't exactly known for their automotive journalism.

They've also talked about multiple engine options also...and I remember the numbers 400 and 450 hp being tossed around. So with what we know, here's another possibility...400 hp hybrid for the masses that buy the 7AT (or whatever AT trans they end up with). They need to start thinking about 2025 CAFE regulations and how they're going to get to the fleet average of 54.5 mpg. A hybrid setup of this type could easily see 42ish mpg highway or more.

6MT's could be offered as the 450 hp version. Remove the electric motor and you lose the exclusive need for the dual clutch 7AT (like in the Q50 Hybrid, and M35H / Q70H before it). Crank up the boost a bit and you're at 450 hp.

What I wonder is why they're waiting so long for the production Q60 to drop...if that holds true, then it will have been almost two years between the concept and the production vehicle. How much work was left to be done?

Take a trip over to the 370Z side of the coin for a minute and it's not encouraging, especially as it's entering it's 8th year of production. According to this article dated June 15th, Nissan have not even decided on the direction that the next Z car will take. They're going so far as to suggest a gap between the 370Z and the next generation Z car ala the production gap between the 300ZX and the 350Z.

I mention the 370Z because at one point in time (which may no longer be the case), the G37/Q60 platform shared a lot of development (as well as the parts bin) with the 370Z-- same engine and transmissions (except the syncho rev-matched 6MT) and quite a bit of other parts smaller parts like the brakes. It's possible that we're starting to see some divergence of the shared development between the two platforms.

Nissan?s Next Z Sports Car May Be Delayed

Last edited by twin_snails; 07-03-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it (probably Autoblog), but I read Nissan was strongly considering taking the Z "downmarket". Think something that would compete in the mid 20's.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

One little article and everyone losses there mind. First, this is the only article I have read to mention a hybrid. And they are talking about bringing a QX60 as well..... Wait but a QX60 is already sold. Just not in the UK. Could this article be referring to UK offerings only? How do they plan to stuff the Hybrid batteries in an already right coupe platform. They surely didn't build a new platform for one car.

Before you guys get your panties in a bunch, wait until you hear from the horses mouth. Infiniti is very low key when it comes to what they will do next. I've been told multiple times by someone that has been with Infiniti since their inception that there will be a manual. Could they be wrong? Oh yes, but he hasn't told me anything that was wrong in the last 3 years I've known him.

Just saying. Oh and on a side not, what do you guys think of a Q60 Grand Coupe or a new 3.0 NA engine option with DI that still makes 300 hp as say Idk a standard motor for the line up? I strongly think they are in the pipline

Last edited by eljoker; 07-03-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:24 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Not salty! Just put your big boy pants on. Where are GTM kits being sold? Can you name one and have proof other than the classifieds? And when did I say there are no turbo kits for the G? You need to learn how to read before you make yourself look like a fool. So once again G- Nius which is a perfect forum name for you. GTM Went bankrupt and currently there is no one selling there kits. AAM makes one for the G but is a in house install. FastIntentions just finished their first G TT Kit and you sir are a tard! Also you have still not explained the difference between the G 37 coupe and the Q coupe. You said yourself there is and please explain.
Ok so you are a complete douche apparently. All the name calling to puff yourself up and seem cool...I get it...you need to. Its cool. You just look like an a$$hole to everyone. AAM will ship...check their site. Bam, turbo kit available. I found GTM kits available for sale online GTM MOTORSPORTS VQ37HR TWIN TURBO TURN KEY KIT - Forced Induction - 370Z / G37 So...kit available. AS far as the car itself is concerned, the CURRENT version of the Q60 is the same as our cars, your '08 and my '10 and what have you. So there, you are correct...no change. This thread is for the UP COMING VERSION...which is quite different. So stop being an ***, that $h!t is not necessary. If you can't respond without being rude and derogatory, then don't bother responding. I asked a simple question without malice and you took it to a new level of bs. I am done with responding to you on this topic...I stated what I meant, found examples of the Turbo kits and now as far I am concerned its over
Old 07-03-2015, 12:54 PM
InfinitiFreak

Please keep the thread on topic! This is about the new Q60! I don't want to have to spend the time deleting post!
The following 5 users liked this post by InfinitiFreak:
eljoker (07-03-2015), evil-G-nius (07-03-2015), KEG97 (07-03-2015), krazyfiend (07-08-2015), Vizard_87 (07-06-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 04:11 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eljoker
One little article and everyone losses there mind. First, this is the only article I have read to mention a hybrid. And they are talking about bringing a QX60 as well..... Wait but a QX60 is already sold. Just not in the UK. Could this article be referring to UK offerings only? How do they plan to stuff the Hybrid batteries in an already right coupe platform. They surely didn't build a new platform for one car.

Before you guys get your panties in a bunch, wait until you hear from the horses mouth. Infiniti is very low key when it comes to what they will do next. I've been told multiple times by someone that has been with Infiniti since their inception that there will be a manual. Could they be wrong? Oh yes, but he hasn't told me anything that was wrong in the last 3 years I've known him.

Just saying. Oh and on a side not, what do you guys think of a Q60 Grand Coupe or a new 3.0 NA engine option with DI that still makes 300 hp as say Idk a standard motor for the line up? I strongly think they are in the pipline
Any info on the release date? I was told Oct 2015 by my local stealership!

But from what I have been reading, it looks like Infiniti hasn't even started on the car yet.

My lease will be up soon and you know how hard it is to find an upscale non-turbo 4 seater coupe with a manual transmission?

Maybe Lexus will surprise us and release a RCF with a manual transmission.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:15 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by clutchfan
Any info on the release date? I was told Oct 2015 by my local stealership!

But from what I have been reading, it looks like Infiniti hasn't even started on the car yet.

My lease will be up soon and you know how hard it is to find an upscale non-turbo 4 seater coupe with a manual transmission?
Not sure why the dealer told you that, but I was always under the impression the new designed Q60 wasn't due until Summer/Fall of 2016 and that seems to be the target release time.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:24 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Not sure why the dealer told you that, but I was always under the impression the new designed Q60 wasn't due until Summer/Fall of 2016 and that seems to be the target release time.
Yeah, he looked at me straight in the eye and Said this October. I said, really? I was read that it was pushed back to next year.

He replied, no, we just had our meeting and yes, Oct 2015. I then asked about if a Manual was available. He said, no news on that.

Maybe he meant Oct 2016. Or maybe I heard wrong and maybe he said Oct 2016.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by eljoker

What joker said. Could be that the Telegraph article is referring to the UK market only. As I said earlier, until there's an official press release, I'll be taking any article with a grain of salt.

I'll go with what your source said on the MT joker, as he's been with them from the beginning.

I like the idea of having an NA 3.0L DI making 300 hp. If the weight could come down a bit, it would be a nice little platform.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit