Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:07 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
beggars can't be choosers. I'd be happy with a good old 6mt with it's high and awful engagement point. Still better than driving an automatic.
The following 2 users liked this post by User 122320:
chilibowl (06-23-2015), evil-G-nius (06-22-2015)
Old 06-21-2015, 01:16 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I would just move on from this platform. Way to many high performance options out there right now from many other car companies. Even if and when this comes out it won't be anything like we hope. It will be heavy and underpowered. Nissan is going into the 8th year of this coupe and the only thing that has changed is now its called a Q. My car is payed in full but I am waiting for a turbo kit to be released. If it wasn't for that I would of traded it in and be rolling some American muscle
Old 06-22-2015, 01:42 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
It will be heavy and underpowered. Nissan is going into the 8th year of this coupe and the only thing that has changed is now its called a Q. My car is payed in full but I am waiting for a turbo kit to be released. If it wasn't for that I would of traded it in and be rolling some American muscle
I am curious...have you not looked at the pics or read any of the articles? Weight wise you may be right...who knows. But I'd hardly call 400 hp standard as under powered. They have changed WAY more than the badging to a Q which why I questioned if you had seen any of the articles regarding the next gen. And lastly, what are you driving now? I am pretty sure they already have TT kits for the current model G/Q.

Just so you know I am not trying to be sarcastic here I am truly curious! LoL
Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

I could care less about a turbo. The reason why I'm staying away from Audi and BMW is because of their turbos. BMW no longer makes any car w/o their turbos. Which we all know is a reliability nightmare.

If they made cars w/o turbos, I would have jumped on it a long time ago. Looking for a 4 seat 6mt coupe w/o turbo. Which is HARD to find.

My only option is the G37 Coupe, Genesis Coupe. Any one else have any more ideas? The Lexus RC Coupe would have been nice, but automatic only. The BRZ isn't luxury enough for me.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:38 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
I am curious...have you not looked at the pics or read any of the articles? Weight wise you may be right...who knows. But I'd hardly call 400 hp standard as under powered. They have changed WAY more than the badging to a Q which why I questioned if you had seen any of the articles regarding the next gen. And lastly, what are you driving now? I am pretty sure they already have TT kits for the current model G/Q.

Weight should definitely be improved, as the Q50 is lighter than the previous sedan version it replace, I am pretty sure that the new Q60 will be lighter than the coupe it replaces, as I can't see Nissan/Infiniti cutting weight on the sedan but not the coupe. Combined with the increase in horsepower, I am pretty sure it will fast enough for anything I may want to do. Just have to keep saving my money up now.
The following users liked this post:
tag824 (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 05:29 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

I was once again told that the Q60 coupe will be available October 2015. This time at OC Infiniti today.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:03 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
I could care less about a turbo. The reason why I'm staying away from Audi and BMW is because of their turbos. BMW no longer makes any car w/o their turbos. Which we all know is a reliability nightmare.

If they made cars w/o turbos, I would have jumped on it a long time ago. Looking for a 4 seat 6mt coupe w/o turbo. Which is HARD to find.

My only option is the G37 Coupe, Genesis Coupe. Any one else have any more ideas? The Lexus RC Coupe would have been nice, but automatic only. The BRZ isn't luxury enough for me.
The turbos in BMW's are extremely reliable. In fact I think I've only seen one or two owners ever report turbo problems in the past 8yrs and I wouldn't be surprised if they were running a tune outside its "safe" parameters. There's never been a recall or issue with their turbos. Like it or not everyone is going this route for fuel economy. Soon your only non-turbo option will be used or a Lexus (who are still using 10yr old NA tech, lol).
Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tag824
The turbos in BMW's are extremely reliable. In fact I think I've only seen one or two owners ever report turbo problems in the past 8yrs and I wouldn't be surprised if they were running a tune outside its "safe" parameters. There's never been a recall or issue with their turbos. Like it or not everyone is going this route for fuel economy. Soon your only non-turbo option will be used or a Lexus (who are still using 10yr old NA tech, lol).
Recalls are only issued for safety concerns. Never for "reliability" issues. (G35 oil consumptions, Leaking valve covers, premature tire wear, compression rod bushings tearing apart for no reason, window motor failures, etc etc.).

Have you ever owned a Turbo car before? I have and they suck. They also stink and run rich to prevent detonation.

Even Ferrari doesn't like Turbos. Govt regulations trying to force turbos on everyone, they need to F off.

Why Ferrari engineers don't like turbos
Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius

So tell me how has the Q coupe changed way more than the badging? Can you?? I drive a 2008 G S. And what company makes a TT kit for the G? FI ??? Close but not finished. AAM sure but it's house install and Boosted Performance makes a single for the 370z and one member here did install it on his G but he had to do some mods to make it work. GTM is out of the game and Stillen only makes a SC. I am truly curious as to where you get your info?? Articles?? There is no finished or final product. There is not even test mule shots of this new vehicle you talk about. There is a concept and rumors about engines and all this other stuff. Should of read what I posted!
Old 06-23-2015, 09:57 AM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Turbos in BMW are the same turbos you would see in many other cars, they are actually made by mitsubishi. Like all other parts they do get some wear and tear and will need to be rebuilt, sometimes at 50k, sometimes at 150k. However, N54\55 engines suffer from reliability issues that are not turbo related, they have a notoriously terrible high pressure fuel pump that sometimes needs replacing 4 or 5 times, everyone with a turbo bmw is going to replace their hpfp at least once (if they are lucky). Their water pump is not much better, also needs replacing at ridiculously low miles.

Can you say turbo engines are unreliable in this day and age? I don't think so, they are just as reliable as NA engines, I drive turbo G to work everyday and have been for a few years now, no major issues.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:45 AM
tag824

Originally Posted by clutchfan
Recalls are only issued for safety concerns. Never for "reliability" issues. (G35 oil consumptions, Leaking valve covers, premature tire wear, compression rod bushings tearing apart for no reason, window motor failures, etc etc.).

Have you ever owned a Turbo car before? I have and they suck. They also stink and run rich to prevent detonation.

Even Ferrari doesn't like Turbos. Govt regulations trying to force turbos on everyone, they need to F off.

Why Ferrari engineers don't like turbos
LOL, why yes I have for 8 years starting with the 335i that I had for 3yrs and now a 335is (see my garage) that I've had for nearly 5yrs. Never have I had an issue with the turbo and I've run tunes on both cars.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
tag824

Originally Posted by serega13
Turbos in BMW are the same turbos you would see in many other cars, they are actually made by mitsubishi. Like all other parts they do get some wear and tear and will need to be rebuilt, sometimes at 50k, sometimes at 150k. However, N54\55 engines suffer from reliability issues that are not turbo related, they have a notoriously terrible high pressure fuel pump that sometimes needs replacing 4 or 5 times, everyone with a turbo bmw is going to replace their hpfp at least once (if they are lucky). Their water pump is not much better, also needs replacing at ridiculously low miles.

Can you say turbo engines are unreliable in this day and age? I don't think so, they are just as reliable as NA engines, I drive turbo G to work everyday and have been for a few years now, no major issues.
The whole hpfp is a thing of the past. They finally came out with a new one back in 2010 and have been solid since. BMW initially had extended the warranty to 100k miles but when they realized this wasn't a limited issue they did a recall on them. I haven't seen a hpfp issue in years.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:08 AM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
The whole hpfp is a thing of the past. They finally came out with a new one back in 2010 and have been solid since. BMW initially had extended the warranty to 100k miles but when they realized this wasn't a limited issue they did a recall on them. I haven't seen a hpfp issue in years.
Not quite true. They put together a "recall list" but it does not include all of the years. Some people had their hpfp fail and low and behonld - it's not on recall list so it costs $1000 out of pocket.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM
tag824

Originally Posted by serega13
Not quite true. They put together a "recall list" but it does not include all of the years. Some people had their hpfp fail and low and behonld - it's not on recall list so it costs $1000 out of pocket.
All cars from model year 2007-2010 had the recall issued. All cars after, 2011 and later came with the revised hpfp and and just recently would be coming off of warranty (BMW 4yr/50k miles).
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Well, can't wait til Oct 2015. Hopefully it will come with a 6mt option. I need to start shopping mid to late October.

Maybe they will bring back rear active steer? AND not force DAS on us like they did with the Q50. (Back packaging that crap in the Touring Package).

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit