G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 07:10 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Late Spring is last i heard from a good friend of mine that has been with Infiniti since the 80s. He also said that we should expect a manual and I tend to belie him since he makes special trips to visit me and my comrades at least 4 times a year. More when we miss behave
Old 05-18-2015, 07:57 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Late Spring is last i heard from a good friend of mine that has been with Infiniti since the 80s. He also said that we should expect a manual and I tend to belie him since he makes special trips to visit me and my comrades at least 4 times a year. More when we miss behave
Great news. DOMO

I knew they couldn't leave us hangin with only an auto.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:22 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
I think the new GTR will continue to use the Modified FM Platfrom. So RWD/AWD will still be the case. They could go the route of the Q50/Q70 or adopt a "NSX" style system where they have motors on one set of axles. Who knows for sure. The LM NISMO is more about testing the tech and being different in the LM series. I dont think they would do a complete platform overhaul for the next gen GTR.
I'd like to think that they'd stay on the modified FM platform and stick with AWD. However, what they've done with the LM Nismo, as well as what Acura did with the new NSX, has given me pause for concern.

They need to do a lot on the fuel consumption front with the looming 2025 CAFE regulations for the fleet average of 54.5 mpg. The only ways to get there are hybrid tech, reduce weight, and full electric. It seems like a LONG way off, but the forthcoming R36 will be in a "normal" production run at that point in time so I would submit that it'd be prudent for them to develop some potentially unorthodox power train packaging.

I'm generally against the hybridization and electrification of the automotive power train (I blame my purist roots), but like it or not, it's going that way and I just have to accept it. It won't affect me for a while (I'll be looking at an R35 in the next two years) but I think what we see with the R36 and revised Q50(MMC) / forthcoming Q60 redesign, we'll see what the next decade holds in store for Nissan/Infiniti.
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 11:56 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
Any indication of what quarter next year?
I wouldn't depend on any info from Infiniti. My Q50 was suppose to get the Pandora app 2 years ago but has been push back so many times, Infiniti no longers mentions it. Instead are just pretending it doesn't exist. (hence the class action lawsuit).

My lease is up in November. I can't wait til 2017 and another 3 years for Pandora or any other apps. lol

So BMW it is. It would be a RC coupe had it come with a 6mt.
RYs06MT (06-14-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 04:48 PM
LOAF3
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I have no specific information on that, but I would expect a spring/fall release, as Infiniti usually releases during that time.
1st person to buy it MUST show pictures. Details and everything.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:56 PM
eljoker

Here is some more info from TopGear mag about the next GTR and that 3.0TT. I still belive that the 3.0TT in the Q60 will be similar to the one in the new GTR.

2018 Nissan GT-R: here's what we know - BBC Top Gear

"The 3.0-litre V6 [from the LMP1 car] is a sort of god-child of the true, road-going GT-R," he said, noting that the unit's direction injection, turbo integration and combustion technology are all ‘applicable to the road'.

"It is truly an early ancestor of what will be a future Nissan GT-R engine," he added.

In its current, Le Mans-spec form, that new 3.0-litre V6 revs to around 6,500rpm and produces over 550bhp. Considering the current Nismo GT-R produces 600bhp, and taking into account the GT-R's rate of improvement, we'd expect the new, ‘R36' GT-R to produce at least this much, if not more.

The V6 will be slotted up front, just like before, and matched to a dual-clutch automatic gearbox. "Mizuno-san [the ‘father' of the GT-R] says the GT-R will always be a front-engined, 2+2-seater coupe," said Shiro Nakamura, Nissan's chief creative officer."
twin_snails (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 06:13 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

I'm very much of the same opinion as you eljoker. It makes too much sense not to amortize the cost of the development of this engine over a broader base of models with more volume for a faster ROI. If you think about it, this engine has the potential for a LOT of versatility-- with the possibility of making an appearance in everything from the Q/QX lines as well as the GT-R. It's an exceptionally strong candidate to replace the V8's used in the Q70 and QX80 as well as any in Nissan's lineup. De-tune for the lesser models and turn up the wick on the heavier duty vehicles.

Managed to find this today. It reveals a decent gallery of the TT V6 in the LM Nismo. It's looking very much like the new V6 is poised to deliver nice results and big grins.

Close Look At The 2015 Nissan GT-R LM NISMO's Twin-Turbo V-6: Video

Last edited by twin_snails; 05-20-2015 at 06:21 PM.
eljoker (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 06:38 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by twin_snails
I'm very much of the same opinion as you eljoker. It makes too much sense not to amortize the cost of the development of this engine over a broader base of models with more volume for a faster ROI. If you think about it, this engine has the potential for a LOT of versatility-- with the possibility of making an appearance in everything from the Q/QX lines as well as the GT-R. It's an exceptionally strong candidate to replace the V8's used in the Q70 and QX80 as well as any in Nissan's lineup. De-tune for the lesser models and turn up the wick on the heavier duty vehicles.

Managed to find this today. It reveals a decent gallery of the TT V6 in the LM Nismo. It's looking very much like the new V6 is poised to deliver nice results and big grins.

Twin, you notice how in the pics the engine doesn't sit like a traditional FWD. The gearbox appears to be in front of the engine attached to the wheels. Thats crazy engineering.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:44 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

^^ That is really interesting joker. I didn't pick up on that right away and it's definitely crazy engineering. I've never seen that type of drive train packaging in any other vehicle.
eljoker (05-21-2015)
Old 05-24-2015, 12:46 AM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Was told by internet department at South Bay Infiniti that orders can be placed Nov/Dec of 2015 for Delivery in March 2016!
Old 05-24-2015, 02:49 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
I still wanna physically see a 6spd before I make that choice! LoL
Old 05-24-2015, 07:52 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails

Funny you mention the QX80 b/c the refreshed Navigator has an Ecoboost TT 6 in it and it's getting very good reviews. No concerns with the power at all.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:27 AM
ekora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait for this car to come out
Old 05-24-2015, 05:17 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
All I need is to see the final production version, praying it hasn't changed too much from the concept, know the price, and the horsepower and torque numbers and I will be buying one! Keep hearing 400 and 450 hp, for normal and upgraded version, will see if that is true soon enough. Just hope if there is a 450 hp version that it won't be out of my budget,lol.
Loki_D_Wolf (05-30-2015)
Old 05-25-2015, 12:10 AM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by junyea
Was told by internet department at South Bay Infiniti that orders can be placed Nov/Dec of 2015 for Delivery in March 2016!
That's the same timeline that was being mentioned when they debut the concept back in January. So it sounds like they are still on track and we can see what the final production will look like and what it's specs are this fall.

*fingers crossed*

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit