Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:46 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Well the Q50 Platform is still the FM platform that houses the G/M/FX/EX/GTR

If they split the Z from that platform, then its a new RWD platform all togther and since the IDX is dead in the water (for now) I dont think Nissan would make a new platform for one car.

Let us not forget that the Q50 is available in 6mt for the 2.2 diesel in UK, so the platform can support it. Lets hope this is all rumor and they get their heads out there (l)
Two things, GTR is not built on FM platform, it's based on premium midship (PM) platform.

Second, you can't sell a car in Europe if it's not diesel and 6MT so obvisouly they had to do it to sell cars there. In the states 6MT is like 5% of sales.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Thanks! And uh oh:

And now it's dead to me again. Freaking roller coaster.

I'm with eljoker on this one in taking anything that Car & Driver, or any of the other "big three" of automotive rags say or print with a copious helping of salt. I'm still holding out hope for a 6MT for all the 6MT guys...after all, I could become one of them myself depending on what the Q60 winds up as in final form. That car is looking more and more attractive to me over time.

Ill take that with a grain of salt. . No manual? I find that hard to believe since this vehicle will share platforms with the Z again and im betting that will come with a 3 pedal option.

The only thing "new" in that article is the 2.0 but that isnt new, but any one can make that assumption since they were putting it in the Q50. Share the platform with the Q50? All of the coupe have in the past, not hard to guess that.

Truth is, we are all in the shadows, even car and driver.

I would not be surprised if that article was nothing more than wild speculation and prognostication on C&D's part, to draw eyes and page views. My money says that it was not remotely based in fact, or even a reliable source for that matter. Zero sources cited, from my recollection in that article. Anyone can make inferences on engine packaging and configuration, based on what Daimler is doing and this is nothing more than that.

What we do know is that one of the most closely guarded secrets in the industry right now is Infiniti's choice of what transmissions they'll be offering on this car. I don't recall a more murky period in the 11 years that I've been following Infiniti closely.

We also know that Infiniti is playing their cards very close to their chest with regard to the sundry and salient details of this car. They're not well-known for information leaks on any future product, much like Apple. They're not saying much of anything on the finer details and also like Apple, could either a) letting the vacuum of information whet appetites and anticipation to build excitement and demand or b) leaking some bogus info on no 6MT. I can't understand the logic of doing that though and suspect a) is the more likely scenario.

Does anyone have any info on the next Z? I imagine there will be some distinct parallels with the Q60, being that they have both historically been on the Front Mid-ship platform. With the Z's heritage, I see a very small chance that the next Z will not have 6MT, and likely the Q60 will follow (I hope). In hindsight, I'm surprised the Z's downshift rev-matching on the 6MT never made it over to the G. I think I'll go sniffing around on the370Z and see what I can find.

There's a lot riding on this car for me...as it will drive my decision of whether to get into a GT-R, or a Q50/60 (I would be willing to bet that the Q50 follows the Q60 offerings).

For me, the most salacious tidbit of information on this car was that it would be a DI 3.0L twin turbo V6. That opens up a lot of tuning possibilities and it's nice to know there is headroom to move north on the power output. It would be nice to see the Q60 platform become as extensible as the R35 GT-R is, and having a factory-issued pair of snails is a good step in that direction.

For the 2 cents this is worth and to be taken with a grain of salt......

"Availability closer to late spring and 6mt."

That is all.
I guess we'll see what becomes of this next year.

Originally Posted by Ryne
I'm not debating your depreciation logic at all. I just quite literally can't beliewve it's almost the year 2020. lol
^ This. That doesn't sound right or even possible. But we're not that far away.

-

Last edited by twin_snails; 03-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by twin_snails:
Black Betty (03-27-2015), Falker11 (04-26-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 04:57 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
The 4-cyclinder version is new to me, didn't know that would be an option. Either way I would be getting the turbo V-6 AWD, hopefully at 400+ hp, though I am still taking this with a grain of salt.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
Two things, GTR is not built on FM platform, it's based on premium midship (PM) platform.

Second, you can't sell a car in Europe if it's not diesel and 6MT so obvisouly they had to do it to sell cars there. In the states 6MT is like 5% of sales.

In the states only about that many know how to drive stick.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Curb Weight: 3700–4000 lb

Why would they assume it will weigh that much? Lexus is being bashed daily because the RC F is such a pig. Hope this doesn't have any truth to it.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey wasn't the car supposed to be on Geneva motorshow ?!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:48 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
Curb Weight: 3700–4000 lb

Why would they assume it will weigh that much? Lexus is being bashed daily because the RC F is such a pig. Hope this doesn't have any truth to it.

It is C&D after all. Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.

Lexus and the RC-F deserve to be bashed. That front end is absolutely dreadful.
The following users liked this post:
evil-G-nius (03-28-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 02:05 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
^^^Understatement. One of the ugliest front ends ever made! Not to mention (grain of salt) Clarkson said it was absolute $h!t to drive. I think overall it is a nice looking car but I doubt I would ever get one. I'd rock the new Q60 when it comes out or a 4 series
twin_snails (03-30-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 04:24 AM
Glover998

^ who gives a $hit to Clarkson's opinion ?!
I test drove the car two weeks ago, it's very good actually and handling is really great, loved the interior so so so much, classic and elegant,as for the performance it pulls really hard on 1st and 2nd gear, 3rd+ is a bit sluggish tho .. for those who didn't sit behind the wheel, plz be quite and stop bashing the car

Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover998
^ who gives a $hit to Clarkson's opinion ?!
I test drove the car two weeks ago, it's very good actually and handling is really great, loved the interior so so so much, classic and elegant,as for the performance it pulls really hard on 1st and 2nd gear, 3rd+ is a bit sluggish tho .. for those who didn't sit behind the wheel, plz be quite and stop bashing the car

No I haven't driven it so I won't comment on that but my eyes work just fine and that front end is butt ugly.
twin_snails (03-30-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,729 Likes on 3,534 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
but my eyes work just fine and that front end is butt ugly.
^^^
This.

I've only driven a handful of Lexus cars over the years, and they were all fine. Well-balanced, excellent interiors, quality ride. Nothing exceptional whatsoever, just really, really good. However, their current design theme is hideous beyond words.

And Clarkson is the man.
twin_snails (03-30-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Glover998

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
No I haven't driven it so I won't comment on that but my eyes work just fine and that front end is butt ugly.
Did you see it in person ?!!

look .. i'm not into lexus stuff and been always hating that front end on the RC-F but after seeing it in real life i changed my mind.

Oh and Clarkson, is an old man who knows nothing about cars but $hitting pants all day everyday.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:21 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

look .. i'm not into lexus stuff and been always hating that front end on the RC-F but after seeing it in real life i changed my mind.

Oh and Clarkson, is an old man who knows nothing about cars but $hitting pants all day everyday.
Yes.....
Old 03-28-2015, 05:18 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

I drove the RC.. It was just ok to me. Did not drive as well as the G. Felt slower by comparison, handling feel was not as precise.

Its a nice car.. GREAT quality fit/finish.. Performance is about 1 generation behind though for the price range... but there is always the RCF
Old 03-28-2015, 05:22 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
The front-end of the F-Sport grows on you. Just like when we first saw the GT-R and said it was butt ugly.

I had the F-Sport for 3 months before trading it for my Q50. I bought a F-Sport with 100 miles on it. Lets just say it was a test drive vehicle and someone drove the **** out of it and it was a lemon.

I now refuse to buy any "new" car with more than 10 miles on it.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit