G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 07:28 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Just from a gentleman that has worked for Infiniti since the 80s. Lets just say, perks of my job. Hes been right 85% of the time.

But like I said before, unless its in a press release, everything is a rumor to me.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:42 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I still really enjoy driving my manual. So much so that I convinced my wife to buy her sedan that way even though she'd have much preferred AT. But most of the really good cars I've driven in the last couple of years have great automatics. Enough for me not to **** and moan if I decide on my next car and it's not offered in MT. If it has a good automatic, and they are much better now than the last time I owned a car with one, it won't be the deciding factor. Sticks will only be a novelty or offered on entry level cars and boy racers in the near future. Infiniti just needs to get their AT in line with the better offerings out there.
My biggest problem with AT lately is a lot of companies have been going toward CVT auto transmissions. They are a complete and utter bore to drive! I think performance cars should have performance drive trains as well. I agree with the idea of at the very least having an option of a 6MT, DCT or Auto. That way the people that want the nice car for the look and not really about the performance can have the auto and the performance minded people have their choice of DCT or 6MT...everybody wins
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (03-13-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
My biggest problem with AT lately is a lot of companies have been going toward CVT auto transmissions. They are a complete and utter bore to drive! I think performance cars should have performance drive trains as well. I agree with the idea of at the very least having an option of a 6MT, DCT or Auto. That way the people that want the nice car for the look and not really about the performance can have the auto and the performance minded people have their choice of DCT or 6MT...everybody wins
Infiniti is sure keeping quiet. They are probably starting all over.

This car has been pushed back how long now?

The G37 body style is 7 years old.
eljoker (03-13-2015)
Old 03-11-2015, 09:51 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I know many people that said they'd never buy an AT car and then went on to buy one with DCT. It's not for everyone, but dare I say most MT drivers would choose DCT if given the choice. Drive one and you'll quickly see why (or why not) so long as it's a good DCT, like the ones from Porsche or BMW. My car has DCT and there's no way in hell I'd ever go back to MT, but that's just me.
eljoker (03-13-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
I know many people that said they'd never buy an AT car and then went on to buy one with DCT. It's not for everyone, but dare I say most MT drivers would choose DCT if given the choice. Drive one and you'll quickly see why (or why not) so long as it's a good DCT, like the ones from Porsche or BMW. My car has DCT and there's no way in hell I'd ever go back to MT, but that's just me.
For me a DCT would be my top choice, but if it comes with 7AT, I just hope they have made tweaks to it and improved it. Either way, I want this car and I want it now, just gives me more time to save up money!
eljoker (03-13-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Guessing you meant to link this rather than the landing page of the blog?
The Infiniti Q60 Concept: It's Not For Douchebags Anymore

I've always hated that stereotype just like the non douchebag BMW drivers must feel the same way. But looking around in here I can see why it's sometimes deserved.

I've been called a car snob before but don't think of myself that way. But I kind of wish they'd take the platform upmarket and offer a better (more refined, more powerful) power plant, more luxury inside, and overall make improvements to bump the price of entry up at least $12-$15K. I can still afford it but it could restrict the bros who are able to afford to buy 4 year old off lease used ones that "bring down the neighborhood". Yeah, I guess I really am a car snob.

Wow I skimmed through this link above. I didn't realize there was that much hate for the G? Is this why they changed to Q?
Old 03-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
Wow I skimmed through this link above. I didn't realize there was that much hate for the G? Is this why they changed to Q?
I don't work for Infiniti, but I don't think their execs stay up late reading the comments section of automotive blogs trying to decide how to build, style, and market the next generation of their cars. Or maybe they do?
eljoker (03-16-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 10:31 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson
just wait until the ricer get a hold of the new Q60.

GCoupe didn't have a bad rep until the used G's started to show up making it more affordable to HS kids.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:43 PM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
just wait until the ricer get a hold of the new Q60.

GCoupe didn't have a bad rep until the used G's started to show up making it more affordable to HS kids.
Bad rep? most HS near me, I live in Northern NJ, near Alpine, one of the most expensive zip codes in the USA, high cost of living, I don't see many G coupes, most of the ones I see are by older people. Used G's have been around for nearly 10 yrs now...
Old 03-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Danmangto

I still really enjoy driving my manual. So much so that I convinced my wife to buy her sedan that way even though she'd have much preferred AT. But most of the really good cars I've driven in the last couple of years have great automatics. Enough for me not to **** and moan if I decide on my next car and it's not offered in MT. If it has a good automatic, and they are much better now than the last time I owned a car with one, it won't be the deciding factor. Sticks will only be a novelty or offered on entry level cars and boy racers in the near future. Infiniti just needs to get their AT in line with the better offerings out there.
GTR is auto only... New Z06 automatic is faster than the manual... my GTO, the automatic is faster than the stick.. Many supercars are going Auto only or paddle shift/auto with a semi manual mode.

The issue with the G and my GTO is that the manual is not the great... A civic has a better shifter/mechanism... sorry, but true.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by chilibowl
To driving enthusiasts, its a massive deal. It IS the deal maker or deal BREAKER.
Then why does the GT-R not have a stick then? That car will perform circles around our G's... I've driven one.. I will get one eventually.. As mentioned before, many of the higher performance and Super cars are going away from manual shift (3 pedal).
Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmangto
GTR is auto only... New Z06 automatic is faster than the manual... my GTO, the automatic is faster than the stick.. Many supercars are going Auto only or paddle shift/auto with a semi manual mode.

The issue with the G and my GTO is that the manual is not the great... A civic has a better shifter/mechanism... sorry, but true.
Then why does the GT-R not have a stick then? That car will perform circles around our G's... I've driven one.. I will get one eventually.. As mentioned before, many of the higher performance and Super cars are going away from manual shift (3 pedal).
GT-R has a Dual Clutch Transmission.

Big difference from a regular slush box automatic.

I would be happy with a DCT in the new Q60. Would even love it in stop and go traffic.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:07 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

GTR is auto only... New Z06 automatic is faster than the manual... my GTO, the automatic is faster than the stick..
Same car, same mods, different transmission. And no one really cares about the speed .035 second difference according to magazines articles. Real life everyday driving, you don't see a difference in "speed".

But fun factor hands down, manual wins.

Last edited by Black Betty; 03-25-2015 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Street racing is against forum rules
Old 03-25-2015, 10:52 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Couldn't really care if its DCT or AT, though I would prefer it be DCT. As long as it keeps most of the concept looks and comes with good hp and torque numbers, this will be my next car.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
^ @clutchfan

Chalk up a loss in the "manual transmission" column. Using street racing as a justification.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit