Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by WillCo1
But if for some stupid reason they don't, then I will cross the new Q60 off my list. As will a lot of others, I'm sure.
From the POV of my history with cars and what I'm driving today... I'm with you on that, WillCo1.

However, I drove the automatic 380hp F-Type Coupe last year, and absolutely loved it. (News spoiler... Jaguar is putting a 6MT in that car later this year.)
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 AM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Give up hope. Lots of people never read what's already been posted in this thread (sometimes just a few posts prior) before posting a link to something that's news to them. Just continually clutter it up reposting things that have already been posted. And would very likely be hurt if I just went through and deleted all the reposts.
It was terrible that you had to live through reading 1 line of something you already read. Did you have PTSD, do you need professional help now? Must have been very traumatic for you. I'm willing to cover therapy out of pocket. Again, my deepest apologies.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
From the POV of my history with cars and what I'm driving today... I'm with you on that, WillCo1.

However, I drove the automatic 380hp F-Type Coupe last year, and absolutely loved it. (News spoiler... Jaguar is putting a 6MT in that car later this year.)
I really like the F-Type. For the price and possible maintenance though...not sure if I would wan to own one. Jags have never been very reliable.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
I really like the F-Type. For the price and possible maintenance though...not sure if I would wan to own one. Jags have never been very reliable.
Not brand new... I agree, that's nuts. The price on those cars is stupidly high for what you get. However, I'm guessing that the F-Type will see some very heavy depreciation, and a 4 year old 2016 F-Type S 6MT might be had for under $40K. As for the F-Type R... still no plans to put a 6MT in that monster. And yeah, Jag does have a history of unreliability from decades ago. However, the history on the F-Type hasn't been written yet.

This new Q60S is certainly in the running for next car, in 4 to 5 years. And that's plenty of time to shake out the knots in the new drive-train.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:58 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
^^^I hear ya. I have not heard anything bad yet about the F-Type. I love the car so much I hope it wont have any issues. Still not sure I'd get one but I am definitely routing for it. LoL

I am liking what I am seeing with the Q60 as well and I hope they do offer trans options. I would not get the car the first year so as to give them time to work out the kinks of a new car
Old 02-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Jojkrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was hoping to see this or some new concept at the Chicago auto show but the Infiniti booth was sooooo boring this year....
Old 02-24-2015, 03:26 AM
Striderx88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sex on wheels
Old 02-24-2015, 03:28 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
400 HP and a 6 speed at under 40k? Sign me up.
If it sounds to good to be true . . .

IMO, at least one of those numbers sound a bit optimistic. Maybe both.

I'll put it this way, I believe we are looking at 55k for the "M4" version so that gives you an idea where I stand on those initial numbers.

I'll be more than happy if I'm proved wrong.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:21 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
In-other-soon-to-be-released-infiniti-news

Infiniti Q30 spied again
Old 02-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
In-other-soon-to-be-released-infiniti-news

Infiniti Q30 spied again
Since it's a GLA twin, do you think Infiniti might offer it with get the sweet 'roided up version of that 2.0L turbo that's in the GLA45 AMG? Maybe it'll be Infiniti's entry into the almost-hot-hatch market. That sounds like fun!
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (02-24-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 04:52 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Since it's a GLA twin, do you think Infiniti might offer it with get the sweet 'roided up version of that 2.0L turbo that's in the GLA45 AMG? Maybe it'll be Infiniti's entry into the almost-hot-hatch market. That sounds like fun!
I would hope so, I mean how else do you spell IPL with out AMG?
Old 02-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by eljoker
I would hope so, I mean how else do you spell IPL with out AMG?
IBtarteduphighpricedcivic comments.
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (02-24-2015)
Old 02-25-2015, 05:47 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts
I'll toss this observation out here into the atmosphere of the always fun, wild speculation and prognostication discussion since I haven't seen anyone reference it yet.

Upon closer full screen examination of the photos from this Autoblog article Infiniti Q60 Concept previews sexy styling, twin-turbo V6 I notice Infiniti-branded 6-pot Brembo calipers and rotors from the GT-R (at least in the front). Interestingly, the wheels are shod with Dunlop rubber-- another trait that's been a GT-R hallmark for years.

Nissan and Infiniti, for as long as I can remember have used Bridgestone as a supplier (370Z, G37S), as well as Goodyear (base G37) on those particular models. As a reference, the Essence concept as well as the Q80 were sporting Bridgestones. I *was* going to posture a hypothesis that the departure from Bridgestones *could* signal higher performance-minded intentions than recent history. But that was until I remembered that the Q50 Eau Rouge concept was equipped with a Pirelli PZero variant.

Oh, well, it was a fun thought experiment until the Pirelli's threw cold water on the idea. I wasn't in anyway suggesting a GT-R powerplant for this car, just that we'd probably see some real nice performance and potential out of this car.

Bummer that I busted my own argument but I'll hit post anyhow for the sheer entertainment aspect. Since many of Infiniti's recent concepts have never made it to the light of day in production, I'll go back to "a concept is just a concept" until we see a production variant and a more accurate concept vs. production discussion happens to emerge.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Lol. A man can dream, can't he? It would be super awesome the have the braking system from the GTR on the Q60. At least until time for brake service rolled around and you've got to pay for those pads and rotors! I hope they make it. But I'm inclined to think it's just window dressing for the concept and it won't make production. Although if there is indeed a true high performance variant they might be an option. Maybe upgraded brakes, forged wheels, a unique aero package with front splitter, side sills, and rear decid spoiler, and some CF interior and exterior accents unique to the high performance model.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:46 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 176 Likes on 115 Posts
Indeed, and I do love to dream. I agree that the braking system from the GT-R would be sublime. Brake service would be an issue for sure, but I do think the stock Akebono's could use an upgrade. I wound up putting upgraded pads/rotors on my sedan and it's much better but I think it could be improved further with some clever active cooling to the rotors.

+1 on the performance package. I guess they'd kind of be venturing into M3/4 territory at that point. I guess we'll know more and see what the plan is in due time but in the mean time, the guessing and speculation has been fun. It's cool to see everyone's perspective and what lead them down that line of thinking.

Look for a post in the off-topic section on dreaming.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit