Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 02:09 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Actually the M2 offers more bang for the buck and is going to heartily outperform even the RS coupe unfortunately and come in at a lower starting price with more amenities. That car has an e-diff and available DCT. And the Audi TTRS is coming too...proper AWD, electronic diffs, 400hp, 7 speed S-tronic and an estimated price of 60K. Looks like it'll be about a full second faster to 60 than the RS despite having one less cylinder and one less turbo.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:17 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Actually the M2 offers more bang for the buck and is going to heartily outperform even the RS coupe unfortunately and come in at a lower starting price with more amenities. That car has an e-diff and available DCT. And the Audi TTRS is coming too...proper AWD, electronic diffs, 400hp, 7 speed S-tronic and an estimated price of 60K. Looks like it'll be about a full second faster to 60 than the RS despite having one less cylinder and one less turbo.
Yeah but does it have Direct adaptive steering? lol just kidding
Old 09-17-2016, 02:20 AM
sdwilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though to be honest being north of the border I wouldn't recommend a M car, unless you don't plan on driving at all in winter. Even with really good snow tires, they aren't that great in snow/ice. Now the Audi TTRS, that would be a fun winter car.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:31 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Stillen Test Drive impressions

Old 09-17-2016, 02:54 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

That Audi is making an impressive amount of HP and TQ just from 5 cylinders, and that 3.7 0-60 is because of that HP coupled with the less weight: 3,307 lbs, over the Infiniti's 3895 lbs (almost 600 lb difference), but it only has 2 seats, no wonder it weighs considerably less.

Although the M2 is coming in at 365 HP, but that Q50 is hauling serious *** to weigh almost 500 lbs more and still just be .3 sec slower.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 09-17-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
+1

There is nothing good I can say about the new Q60 in terms of bang for buck. That is pretty much why lots of people are disappointed. For the same price loaded , I definitely would go with M2 with DCT.

But even M2 is a hard sell when I can actually find a 2016 fully loaded Camaro 2ss for $44K since when equipped M2 comes $59K. Although camaro does not have dct, it comes with the best V8 around and gets great gas milage for the power. Unlike q60 both cars have amazing handling (both have all the goodies including torque vectoring!!!). And for the visibility argument please note that 2ss comes with blind spot monitoring for that price...

Sorry,you don't make a sports car by just bumping the hp by 100 and calling it a day. Instead of getting the 2 liter engine from Mercedes they should have gotten the 7speed DCT for the RS model.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:07 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I've had my eye on the M2 as an option vs the RS400. For those of us who like to keep vehicles past warranty- I think the additional selling point for the RS400 would be reliably. I'm thinking this is where the Q60 should excel. The basic platform has already been used in the Q50 3.7 Although the engine is new- we'll have to see how that plays out.
I just keep hearing about too many nightmare stories (primarily electrical) about BMWs as they age.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ
+1

There is nothing good I can say about the new Q60 in terms of bang for buck. That is pretty much why lots of people are disappointed. For the same price loaded , I definitely would go with M2 with DCT.

But even M2 is a hard sell when I can actually find a 2016 fully loaded Camaro 2ss for $44K since when equipped M2 comes $59K. Although camaro does not have dct, it comes with the best V8 around and gets great gas milage for the power. Unlike q60 both cars have amazing handling (both have all the goodies including torque vectoring!!!). And for the visibility argument please note that 2ss comes with blind spot monitoring for that price...

Sorry,you don't make a sports car by just bumping the hp by 100 and calling it a day. Instead of getting the 2 liter engine from Mercedes they should have gotten the 7speed DCT for the RS model.
M2? Good luck once you have to pay for routine maintenance, brake jobs/etc that are double price of the Infiniti. Higher insurance. Guarantee you infiniti is far cheaper to maintain long term. M2 only good if you lease it and dump it in 3 years with a built in maint. program.

Camaro is a 2016, Infiniti is an all new design for 2017. Give it some time and the Q60 coupe real out the door prices will drop. You always pay to play on a new design.

As for the Camaro, no all wheel drive, so in the northeast/New England can't drive it year round in snow like the AWD infiniti. You could, but it's terrible. In the rain the AWD infiniti is far superior. My GTO in rain can be terrible sometimes if you have to get out in a hurry.

Yes, visibility.. every drive a Camaro? Terrible visibility.. with those short squat side windows... my Current G37 Coupe which has some visibility issues is day/night comparison, way better. Blind spot monitoring still doesn't make up for common sense/visibility. It doesn't always work.

Gas milage on a Camaro? Maybe on the sticker/EPA tests it's impressive, but real world esp in the northeast is another issue. I have a LS2 GTO and I don't get anywhere near the 16 city, try 12 or 13. I don't drive with a heavy foot either.

The G37/Q60 were never sports cars... touring coupes.. If you want a sports car, buy a Corvette.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I've had my eye on the M2 as an option vs the RS400. For those of us who like to keep vehicles past warranty- I think the additional selling point for the RS400 would be reliably. I'm thinking this is where the Q60 should excel. The basic platform has already been used in the Q50 3.7 Although the engine is new- we'll have to see how that plays out.
I just keep hearing about too many nightmare stories (primarily electrical) about BMWs as they age.
Yep, I would only lease BMW. A friend of mine just had to put $5k in repairs/maint. into their 2008 that they keep well maintained and only has 70k miles. Routine maint. like brake jobs.. double price of my G37..
Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gill1606
That's cold, man!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:08 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
M2 does have more performance hardware but not more amenities. That thing is stripped down imo. You get like zero tech on that car and the safety features are lacking as well. Also, Infinitis won't sell at MSRP the BMW and Audi will or very close to it. The Infiniti is most likely best bang for buck.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:21 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

It's not stripped down. I thought so too til I looked at the standard equipment list.
BMW M2 Coupe - Features & Specs - Standard Features - BMW North America

You basically have to add the Premium Plus package on the Infiniti to catch up and by then the cost difference is starting to really add up. I do wish the BMW came with the backup camera and parking sensors standard but a $1400 package is easier to swallow than $2.2K and change. Plus I don't have to add the annoying Driver's Assist package just to get a car that has some steering feedback.

I still like the Infiniti's interior more than the BMW, hands down. And I won't own a BMW without a comprehensive full wrap warranty, LOL.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:44 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
my 2014 Q50 did and it was garbage. Will never own a car with electric steering ever again. I don't care if Nissan spent billions making DAS 2.0 feel as close to hydraulic as possible.

What's next for Nissan? DAB? Electronic braking. lol
Old 09-17-2016, 01:40 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Originally Posted by clutchfan
my 2014 Q50 did and it was garbage. Will never own a car with electric steering ever again. I don't care if Nissan spent billions making DAS 2.0 feel as close to hydraulic as possible. What's next for Nissan? DAB? Electronic braking. lol
They are trying too hard to go "into the future" I guess, with digitally autonomous cars
Old 09-17-2016, 03:37 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
They are trying too hard to go "into the future" I guess, with digitally autonomous cars
They wasted a lot of money.

Just like they did with inTouch infotainment system which was a complete and utter flop in the 2014 Q50. The 2015 received a faster processor but it still wasn't all that.

They would have save a lot of time and effort just by going with Android Auto.

And they need to dump NavTeq and just go with Google Maps. FREE UPDATES and better Maps....

--------

Ford, Hyundai and Kia offers FREE upgrade to Android Auto to replace their crappy system.
The following users liked this post:
Boomer-Bob (09-17-2016)

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit