Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 07:18 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
U sure its not the fsport ur seeing a lot of? Camaros are great and all but damn American cars in general are fugly as fk.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:35 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
U sure its not the fsport ur seeing a lot of? Camaros are great and all but damn American cars in general are fugly as fk.
I think I am capable of differentiating and RC-F from an RC-350 fsport. Like this logo . Hard to mistake one for the other from the back.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:50 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
Yea I don't see many at all
Old 09-10-2016, 08:41 PM
sdwilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ
American car manufacturers though , they are doing an amazing job in stepping up their games. It is unbelievalble how much car you get with a Camaro 2ss which is actually better in almost every way 'but luxuiry' compared to a 25-30K more expensive lexus RC-F.
I was going to say on the American front, the new Mustangs are pretty damn nice these days, and honestly they have one of the nicest sounding stock exhaust out there.

For the price of a RS you can actually get into a Corvette Stingray, or a Shelby GT350 (Which is what 525hp or right around there).

For myself I'm going to wait and see the RS in person and give it a drive, but if it's not super impressive I'll probably go back to the Germans. M2 is cheaper and there are already some decent tunes showing up for it (Dinan even if you want to have a tune under warranty).
Old 09-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sdwilly
I was going to say on the American front, the new Mustangs are pretty damn nice these days, and honestly they have one of the nicest sounding stock exhaust out there.

For the price of a RS you can actually get into a Corvette Stingray, or a Shelby GT350 (Which is what 525hp or right around there).

For myself I'm going to wait and see the RS in person and give it a drive, but if it's not super impressive I'll probably go back to the Germans. M2 is cheaper and there are already some decent tunes showing up for it (Dinan even if you want to have a tune under warranty).
^ Yep. Never thought I'd say that after 10 years BMWCCALA and returning to Nissan for the G37. Thought I'd be here for a couple more trade ins at least. I think there is more to get out of the 3.0 maybe it will happen and I'll forget about the missing Android Auto, the DAS... and $$$.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
The Camaro looks like the last gen Audi S5 with less graceful lines and a lot of tacked on details. I actually like it in the darker colors. The interior looks like it's right out of a kid's toy box, oversized everything and typical GM. Reminds me of kids when they're playing with those giant toy letter blocks. Just not very sophisticated. And you cannot see a darn thing out of the Camaro. Every lane change is a hail mary in that car and I'm not even Catholic. The performance is there though and you can get the magnetorheological dampers. And I also remind myself GM engineering has killed quite a few people (ignition lock). Even if something like that won't happen in the Camaro it still gives me pause.

I looked hard at the newish Mustang but after a number of test drives, it just wasn't buttoned down and didn't have the suspension finesse I was looking for. The performance pack was too jouncy and the GT350 wasn't going anywhere near MSRP at the time (and probably still isn't). Plus you have to look over eight feet of hood line. The interior is better but still not quite there. The performance pack brakes will suck your eyeballs out. I know they're fast but I was pretty underwhelmed on the acceleration front. Maybe I was expecting more, maybe I was just too focused on the lack of suspension control.

From what I'm reading, the M2 is the bees knees but it's loud. One of the reasons I passed on the Z besides interior fit/finish was NVH which the G improves upon rather drastically. Will definitely need a week-long test ride if that can be arranged. Yes, I kid. And the interior is meh. I like the Q60's interior quite a bit more actually. Call me crazy.

I think the Corvette is a different animal altogether and one must worry about that GM engineering again, overheating and engines going boom.

I've not seen or heard of any of the Germans offering a 100K warranty, that would be welcoming news to me (and needed with their cars).

I like the Q60's looks, interior and the RS's hp. But it needs a rear LSD and the DAS as a no cost standard item (along with heated seats). I think it'll look great with the right aftermarket wheels and will look just as sophisticated and high dollar as it's German counterparts.
The following users liked this post:
KAHBOOM (09-13-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 12:05 AM
sdwilly

Far as I know BMW still only offers the 4 year \ 50k mile warranty. I do like their included maintenance as there was never any hoopla when I took mine in for service, just dropped it off for whatever it was asking for, grabbed the loaner and came back later. Though I had a 07 335 (Yeah my fault for first model year), and I went through 3 HPFP's before they finally got that one fixed, last time it was backordered so I was driving a 535 around for 3 weeks (Ok that part wasn't too bad, big car but I did like it).

I like the overall interior of the Q60 better that than the germans, with a few exceptions. Personally the Q60 steering wheel is just ok, nothing special. The M series steering wheel is so so much better. And I find the seats in the BMW better, though I actually preferred the seats on my IPL to the new Q60 as well (If you want to try the best seats ever, give the Adaptive Sport Seats of a Porsche a try, but don't try a long trip your kidneys will take a beating).

Curious to see what kind of tunes are going to be available for the RS, if any.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:17 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by tomcatm
So I tested out my normal on/off sequence in the G37 (its so second nature after 8 years that I had to deliberately do it a few times) and I just hit the + button to turn on the fan and AC (if the AC was running before shut down previously). Haven't played with the InTouch system but once you turn on the AC through the touch screen icon, does it remember the selection like the G37 after you shutoff? If it does then all you have to do is hit the fan icon (the increase one) and the AC should turn on? I know it doesn't replace the physical AC button, and in the south there are very few days when I run the fan without the AC on, so I hope it shouldn't require going to the touch screen every time to run the AC
?? If you never turned the A/C off, then it will come back on when you start the car.

I always shut my A/C off 5 minutes before shutting the car off. I keep the fan running to rid all the moisture to prevent that mold smell.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:54 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts
Here's a quick review of the car, he also mentions the nice powerband distribution of this car. he also mentions that the 2.0t single turbo gives you "lots of car for your buck." no turbo lag, responsive etc. :

Everyone is focusing on the Red Sport 400 model, when the 2.0t is also decent with the same chassis, much less expensive, and a single turbo charger mated to the engine, offering similar acceleration feel as the Red Sport. Many may end up buying the more economical 2.0t version of the car.

Especially since the 2.0t is coming out with Infiniti's brand new VC-T engine which is using 2 separate technologies to offer better fuel economy.

Last edited by gill1606; 09-11-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:24 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by gill1606
Here's a quick review of the car, he also mentions the nice powerband distribution of this car. he also mentions that the 2.0t single turbo gives you "lots of car for your buck." no turbo lag, responsive etc. :

2017 Infiniti Q60 Review - YouTube
Honestly I am looking for a real review instead of the ones from Infiniti Dealerships since we all know that they will say how amazing this car is.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:32 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts
hmm I tried looking for one honestly, i just couldnt find one, this was as close to one I could get I guess.

On a different note, what do you guys think about the much cheaper 2.0t, that offers comparable performance and luxury for much less, and maybe something that majority of buyers maybe interested in, especially now that it will be getting the more fuel efficient VC-T engine.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:54 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
The Mercedes 2.0t is OK for those that are coming from the 4cyl Audi's, BMWs, Benz. If you had a VQ, you don't want the 2.0t.

And its going to be years before the V-CT engine makes it into the Q60/Q50. Probably with the refreshes.

It does make the Q60 less expensive and I predict a lot of "stunters" and female buyers will opt for the 2.0t.
The following 2 users liked this post by eljoker:
gill1606 (09-11-2016), KAHBOOM (09-13-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 12:48 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
hmm I tried looking for one honestly, i just couldnt find one, this was as close to one I could get I guess.

On a different note, what do you guys think about the much cheaper 2.0t, that offers comparable performance and luxury for much less, and maybe something that majority of buyers maybe interested in, especially now that it will be getting the more fuel efficient VC-T engine.
The following users liked this post:
gill1606 (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 03:48 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
But look at that 3/4 rear angle...

Looks like a Q50. lol And that quarter panel glass inverted Genesis coupe swoop. eh.

The G35 had the best rear view. When I had it, I'd always took a look back after parking.

Not so much with my current Q60.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:18 PM
sdwilly

So just watched the last linked YouTube review. Decent review, but one thing I didn't even realize and not sure how I missed it in my test drive (Was a really brief test drive), it doesn't have paddle shifters. Anyone know if they will be on the RS? Not a deal breaker on any level just nice to have.

I also can't be the only one thinking their dual screen setup would have worked really well with Apple Car Play (or the equivalent Android setup), kind of disappointing they didn't go that route.

Edit:
Just saw on the Infiniti site that they say the RS gets paddle shifters, but they also claim 20" wheels. So if anyone can confirm.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit