Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 01:15 AM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
I don't recall the stock g37 stock exhaust making any kind of noise.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:51 AM
sdwilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked how the IPL exhaust sounded stock (Well it was even better after replacing the cats with high flow ones), but still had a decent sound stock.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:48 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Still not sure why Infinti killed off that awesome G35 growl.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:45 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Well, I optioned one red sport to my liking and it was 60.5K. This is a lot to ask for a car at this level. This price is too close to the luxury gt's like RC-F which is already criticized for being a pig of a car and overpriced(At least it has V8 + torque vectoring and other goodies.). Of course I can also build an equally loaded 440i with M package coupe for a similar price(62.5K but has all the goodies I want, and their renewed engine , although rated arounfd 330hp, is probably underrated and in real life will give almost identical performance).

I think Infiniti will have a really hard time selling these unless the price drops or they make improvements in the next year.

I also see that even the most enthusiastic ones on the forums just flaked and so far no ones seems to be really interested in purchasing one.

Hopefully Infiniti will learn from this and next year we will have a reasonably priced and properly optioned car.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:37 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
I don't recall the stock g37 stock exhaust making any kind of noise.
The stock exhaust sounds nice, good roar when you get on it but no ricer drone.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:49 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Does anyone know what exhaust is on this Q50? It's at the 1:05 mark. I think it sounds great imo.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by sdwilly
I liked how the IPL exhaust sounded stock (Well it was even better after replacing the cats with high flow ones), but still had a decent sound stock.
What he said
Old 09-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Glenn2008
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ
Well, I optioned one red sport to my liking and it was 60.5K. This is a lot to ask for a car at this level. This price is too close to the luxury gt's like RC-F which is already criticized for being a pig of a car and overpriced(At least it has V8 + torque vectoring and other goodies.). Of course I can also build an equally loaded 440i with M package coupe for a similar price(62.5K but has all the goodies I want, and their renewed engine , although rated arounfd 330hp, is probably underrated and in real life will give almost identical performance).

I think Infiniti will have a really hard time selling these unless the price drops or they make improvements in the next year.

I also see that even the most enthusiastic ones on the forums just flaked and so far no ones seems to be really interested in purchasing one.

Hopefully Infiniti will learn from this and next year we will have a reasonably priced and properly optioned car.
I agree, the price point is too high. I dropped by Infiniti yesterday to look at a 300T. The car has been in the showroom for over a week and the salesman told me that I was the first person to look at it. When your up in the $60K range, there are a lot of cars you can look at.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:36 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Hearing that the Silver Sport will drop in Jan. About 49k starting.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:42 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Where does this version fall in the lineup as I thought the 300hp version was the silver sport version?
Old 09-10-2016, 03:06 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Where does this version fall in the lineup as I thought the 300hp version was the silver sport version?
Well its like the Silver Sport sedan. Only on the coupe its just going to be suspension, bbk, and seats. Wheels are up in the air still. I still think they should just not offer it on the coupe. It seems to be more of a cluster to explain and pricing isnt even that far off the 400. At least on the sedan you get a different bumper.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:34 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Since there are plenty of other options at 60k price range, I wonder how many "new" buyers Infinti will grab. I'm guessing not too many. And the few "new" buyers Infiniti will get are just current fanboys who are planning to "upgrade".

And there isn't a lot of them. Seems people will be moving onto BMW or Lexus. Some are even considering going Potatoes. (Camaros and Musties).

Like I said before, Infiniti doesn't have any options for me. So I can either stick with my current 2015 Q60 or just move onto BMW.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 09-10-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:41 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Well its like the Silver Sport sedan. Only on the coupe its just going to be suspension, bbk, and seats. Wheels are up in the air still. I still think they should just not offer it on the coupe. It seems to be more of a cluster to explain and pricing isnt even that far off the 400. At least on the sedan you get a different bumper.
I have a feeling that one may get dropped by then as it doesn't really serve a purpose in the lineup.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:16 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
Since there are plenty of other options at 60k price range, I wonder how many "new" buyers Infinti will grab. I'm guessing not too many. And the few "new" buyers Infiniti will get are just current fanboys who are planning to "upgrade".

And there isn't a lot of them. Seems people will be moving onto BMW or Lexus. Some are even considering going Potatoes. (Camaros and Musties).

Like I said before, Infiniti doesn't have any options for me. So I can either stick with my current 2015 Q60 or just move onto BMW.

But look at that 3/4 rear angle...

Old 09-10-2016, 07:05 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn2008
I agree, the price point is too high. I dropped by Infiniti yesterday to look at a 300T. The car has been in the showroom for over a week and the salesman told me that I was the first person to look at it. When your up in the $60K range, there are a lot of cars you can look at.
Exactly and those choices are actually better than Infiniti's offering.

Do you know how many q60's has been sold so far(or at least how many have you sold, not just rs)?

Originally Posted by clutchfan

Camaro is no potato my friend 2ss seems to be matching M4. I actually liked the interior too and a fully loaded one comes to 48K new (it goes down 44k for the 2016 one) it has a nice interior (I would have never considered the previous Camaro's but they really stepped up this one) and "cooled seats " too!!!! (Seriously infiniti you are selling a luxury vehicle and don't have cooled seats , really ???)

About Lexus, well they are making exact the same mistake. RC350 is a heavy pig, with an aging v6(it has horrible fuel economy and slow). They are charging almost as much as a loaded 435i. No wonder why I am seeing more RC-f's then RC-350's. At least Lexus comes with a top notch interior and an amazing ML stereo. Still that does not justify their price.

Japanese luxury manifucturers are at a loss right now. Lexus really believes that they are as prestigious as Mercedes but this is not correct. The reason why people like lexus or infiniti is the image that Japanese cars are reliable and cheaper while giving a close enough driving pleasure or luxury. In the last 3-4 years things have changed drastically. Germans increased the reliability drastically, and when buying new you already have 100K warranty. Prices on the other hand came very close.
American car manufacturers though , they are doing an amazing job in stepping up their games. It is unbelievalble how much car you get with a Camaro 2ss which is actually better in almost every way 'but luxuiry' compared to a 25-30K more expensive lexus RC-F.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 09-10-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit