Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 01:53 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
That is with the tech package I believe. If you don't get that package I believe it is a regular emblem.
I believe it comes even if you have the Driver Assistance Package, as most of the sensors for those features are the same. The one I saw at the dealer did not have the Tech Package but had the flat emblem.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:40 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Oh, the horros of it all!
Yea can you imagine taking off the badge so you can make your car look more sporty and aggressive but then screwing over your tech package or driver's assistance package at the same time?!?! that's money wasted.

So for those who want to debadge the front, do NOT get tech package or driver's assistance package, because there's a freaking radar or something in there with those set ups.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:12 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
I jus don't understand the recent OEM wheel trend with the generic design and the black paint. Who the fk came up with this stupid trend I wanna kno and have a serious talk with them. All the car brands have them now
I am also not fond of that trend. I seem to remember it being popular in the 80s/ 90s for cheaper aftermarket rims More recently I've notice it most on Hondas and it seems to be a growing trend.

I prefer a wheel with a simple, less busy spoke design and a solid color. But there must be some who like the black accent painting.

But hey that just makes the Res Sport that much more appealing
Old 08-23-2016, 03:53 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
i first saw it on new toyotas. now looks like a lot of other manufactures jumped on the trend and i dont fkn know why lol
Old 08-23-2016, 04:08 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Well if they make FEB standard on all cars by 2022 then expect a lot of brands to hide their radar systems in the grilles and emblems.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:27 PM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tomcatm
I believe it comes even if you have the Driver Assistance Package, as most of the sensors for those features are the same. The one I saw at the dealer did not have the Tech Package but had the flat emblem.
You are correct my friend. DA pack gets flat emblem too. Basically most of them will be flat emblem...
Old 08-23-2016, 07:49 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonviper
You are correct my friend. DA pack gets flat emblem too. Basically most of them will be flat emblem...
Where was it on the Q50 Sedan? Rear view mirror?
Old 08-23-2016, 07:50 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by clutchfan
Where was it on the Q50 Sedan? Rear view mirror?
Lower bumper grill.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:55 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
So let's say you don't order any of the tech packages (unlikely I know!), what sort of connectivity is there? Streaming Bluetooth? Assuming there will be a usb connection for music. Technically one doesn't need nav with smart phones, I rarely use my car's nav.

Also, anyone have an indicator of how the pleather will feel? If the average person wouldn't know the difference, could be some cost savings to be had there.

But...since I'd go with an RS, a base option may not exist with it. Would be nice as I could spend money on a differential (which may not play nice with the new electronics) and swanky lightweight forged rims.

And I've been thinking about the new Z. If everything I'm hearing is true, indicators point towards it NOT using the new Infinity engine and going with a smaller, lightweight design.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 PM
eljoker

All Sports on the Q50 and I assume Q60 will come with leather. As far as what the packages are they are as follows for the sedan's and coupes for all v6 models. I would assume that it won't change for the Sport/RS coupe.

Premium Plus
Navigation
Remote start
Power Tilt/Telo steering wheel Drivers memory seat
Power lumbare drivers
Infiniti 3G Connection (OnStar ish)
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel

Drivers assist.
Distance control assist
Blind Spot Warning
Forward emergency brakeing
Back up collision intervention
Around View Monitor
Intelligent Cruise Control

Tech package
DAS
Lane departure warning
Lane departure prevention
Blind Spot Intervention
Predictive Forward Crash (Q60 with Pedestrian)
Active lane control
Adaptive front lighting system

So as you can see other than the cosmetic differences for the sport (which are minimal) you only have 3 packages to pick from. Basically what Infiniti is trying to do across all their models is make it so you know what is in the packages as the packages shouldnt change. Bit its still got a few years to go before it's stream lined

So look at what features you want, what drive train and there is how your CSR is equppied minus the model specific features.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:36 PM
eljoker

On the bright side, the licenes5 plate bracket does not need to be drilled to the bumper. It drilles to a piece of plastic under the emblem and behind the grille.
I'll try to get pics but looks like you won't see those bumper holes if your dealer puts the bracket on and you take it off.

For those that require front plates.
The following users liked this post:
InfinitiFreak (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
My question is can you order an RS without any of those packages? And if so, with the base infotainment system, what kind of connectivity is there?

Originally Posted by eljoker
All Sports on the Q50 and I assume Q60 will come with leather. As far as what the packages are they are as follows for the sedan's and coupes for all v6 models. I would assume that it won't change for the Sport/RS coupe.

Premium Plus
Navigation
Remote start
Power Tilt/Telo steering wheel Drivers memory seat
Power lumbare drivers
Infiniti 3G Connection (OnStar ish)
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel

Drivers assist.
Distance control assist
Blind Spot Warning
Forward emergency brakeing
Back up collision intervention
Around View Monitor
Intelligent Cruise Control

Tech package
DAS
Lane departure warning
Lane departure prevention
Blind Spot Intervention
Predictive Forward Crash (Q60 with Pedestrian)
Active lane control
Adaptive front lighting system

So as you can see other than the cosmetic differences for the sport (which are minimal) you only have 3 packages to pick from. Basically what Infiniti is trying to do across all their models is make it so you know what is in the packages as the packages shouldnt change. Bit its still got a few years to go before it's stream lined

So look at what features you want, what drive train and there is how your CSR is equppied minus the model specific features.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:51 PM
eljoker

Yes you can. They come with blue bluetooth, 2 USB, aux in, video in. Its the Intouch system. That's the Infiniti Infotainment system. The top screen willnahow clock, radio, back up camera or fuel economy. If you have Nav then that becomes the Nav screen.

No android auto or apple car play..
Attached Thumbnails Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-20160819_163950.jpg   Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-20160819_164011.jpg  
Old 08-23-2016, 09:41 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts
Android auto play and apple car play aren't offered regardless of model or package right?
Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
I've been to the dealership quite a few times within the past month or so and I keep catching myself checking out the new Q model coupe and as much as I'm starting to really dig the entire exterior concept... I just don't know if I can ever be able to wrap my head around the looks of the front of the car. (mainly the grill-Aston Martin look it has going on) Then again i said the same thing about the G37 when it first came out when i owned my 35. I guess only time will tell.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit