Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
You must be young. My first car was a 69 Chevelle SS 396 w/a dealer converted Muncie 4-speed. The time period you mentioned (up until 73 anyway) was the heyday for muscle cars.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
1967 Hemi GTX here. God I loved that car. The 69 Chevelle was in my opinion, one of best looking late 60's cars. By the way, anyone interested in late 60's / early 70's muscle cars, check the ET's of these bad a$$ babies. 13's and 14's was not unusual. :-)

If I remember we called non posi rears "one legged". 400HP, 350 Torque, one legged? Has to hurt 60' and 1/4 not to mention coming out of a tight apex?
The following users liked this post:
gill1606 (08-14-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 10:57 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by VaderK52
I would think the flat emblem would be the one that illuminates...no?
I might have been given misinformation but the Service Manager that I know quite well said the flat emblem doesn't illuminate on the tech package but the raised one will. He also said that the demo car was only roughly 90 % production. I'm not sure what's the remaining 10% left to complete production though.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:08 PM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
1967 Hemi GTX here. God I loved that car. The 69 Chevelle was in my opinion, one of best looking late 60's cars. By the way, anyone interested in late 60's / early 70's muscle cars, check the ET's of these bad a$$ babies. 13's and 14's was not unusual. :-)

If I remember we called non posi rears "one legged". 400HP, 350 Torque, one legged? Has to hurt 60' and 1/4 not to mention coming out of a tight apex?
I think Infiniti is using active trace control in addition to limited slip rear braking to supplement the lack of a LSD- using the rear brakes to limit wheel spin thereby sending power to the wheel with grip.
BMW does this in the 3 as you have to get the M to get a true LSD.
But I still think they should have it on the RS400. That's a lot of torque/ HP for the brakes to stop- not to mention the wear on the rear pads
The following 2 users liked this post by KAHBOOM:
Boomer-Bob (08-13-2016), gill1606 (08-13-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 12:18 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Infinitis are notorious for needing rear pads. Almost every G/Q we get traded in with around 30k miles get a rear brake service. Fronts isally go 60k or more. Maybe it is Active Trace!
Old 08-13-2016, 02:21 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
Can't believe they got rid of LSD and 6mt and replaced it with DAS. And everyone hates DAS.
some people actually liked the Direct adaptive steering (DAS). I have heard a couple reviewers who acutally liked it, saying it is very precise and crisp steering over the traditional mechanical one. They said you have to get used to it at first since there is a delay in traditional mechanical steering that is nonexistent in the DAS system, where the steering is immediate and much more precise to your input on the steering wheel.

The DAS system also has a mode where the delay associated with mechanical steering is incorporated into the DAS digital system, for those who are not used to the immediate response of the DAS. So if you get DAS, just put it on mechanical mode to incorporate the feeling of driving a mechanical hydraulic steering system.

Plus DAS is optional anyway, its not standard to any model, the standard is a hydraulic and electronic power steering.

Last edited by gill1606; 08-13-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:24 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by gill1606
some people actually liked the Direct adaptive steering (DAS). I have heard a couple reviewers who acutally liked it, saying it is very precise and crisp steering over the traditional mechanical one. They said you have to get used to it at first since there is a delay in traditional mechanical steering that is nonexistent in the DAS system, where the steering is immediate and much more precise to your input on the steering wheel.

The DAS system also has a mode where the delay associated with mechanical steering is incorporated into the DAS digital system, for those who are not used to the immediate response of the DAS. So if you get DAS, just put it on mechanical mode to incorporate the feeling of driving a mechanical hydraulic steering system.

Plus DAS is optional anyway, its not standard to any model, the standard is a hydraulic and electronic power steering.
Highly doubtful. Which is why the 2nd generation received a major re-engineering.

I would like to see a cone test of DAS vs Traditional steering. Or some type of test that shows one is better over the other like Nissan did was RAS.

DAS was thrown in the Deluxe Touring package previously. It is now separate. So we were forced to buy DAS if we wanted 360 view camera.

When I had my Q50, I maybe changed the setting once to test it the different modes. So out of the 2 years lease, I used sports mode steering maybe once. lol It felt heavy and really no use for everyday driving.

Never liked it. And yes, when I first test drove the car in "standard mode" the steering felt wonky as hell. I did get use to it during the test drive.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
Highly doubtful. Which is why the 2nd generation received a major re-engineering.

I would like to see a cone test of DAS vs Traditional steering. Or some type of test that shows one is better over the other like Nissan did was RAS.

DAS was thrown in the Deluxe Touring package previously. It is now separate. So we were forced to buy DAS if we wanted 360 view camera.

When I had my Q50, I maybe changed the setting once to test it the different modes. So out of the 2 years lease, I used sports mode steering maybe once. lol It felt heavy and really no use for everyday driving.

Never liked it. And yes, when I first test drove the car in "standard mode" the steering felt wonky as hell. I did get use to it during the test drive.
yes i am talking about the revised DAS system being coupled as optional for the 3.0t Q50 models. I know that the previous gen DAS was very ill received by reviewers, but the newer one is said to be better.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It's not for everyone, but I personally love it. The hydraulic steering in my G37 coupe was great for normal speeds, but it lost feel and flat out felt loose above 80mph. I get most people don't drive above 80mph or push their cars for some spirited driving, but I do and I love how DAS can be adjusted for different driving situations. Your right sport mode may be too heavy for normal daily driving but engage Sport doing 80+mph and it settles the car right down to make it feel right at home for high speed driving. I personally can't go back to mechanical steering now that I've tasted DAS. Probably a good thing since even if I wanted to mechanical steering is going to be a thing of the past.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:17 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Anyone have a review out yet for the 2nd Gen DAS?

Seeing this DAS is now a stand alone option, I doubt many will opt for it.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:43 PM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone have a review out yet for the 2nd Gen DAS?

Seeing this DAS is now a stand alone option, I doubt many will opt for it.
I believe the Q50 RS has it and most seem to prefer it over mechanical steering. There are plenty of reviews on the Q50 RS DAS system.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I've finally decided after seeing the car enough, I dislike it. I'm glad they went with a new engine but the exterior is a no go, and something I wouldn't buy. I usually see potential in most cars out there but the rear end of the car is the only thing that is good. The front & side are pretty bad.
The following users liked this post:
Glenn2008 (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 11:18 AM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by P Casey
I've finally decided after seeing the car enough, I dislike it. I'm glad they went with a new engine but the exterior is a no go, and something I wouldn't buy. I usually see potential in most cars out there but the rear end of the car is the only thing that is good. The front & side are pretty bad.
I'm still reserving judgment for when I see it in person. Infiniti's dont always photograph well - particularly from the front
Old 08-15-2016, 11:47 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
So this just happened
Attached Thumbnails Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-snapchat-7674462406429601193.jpg  
Old 08-15-2016, 11:56 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
So this just happened
This is about the time when the 4 cylinder and 300hp will start hitting the dealerships. Will be good to start seeing them out in the wild though I won't be buying until the RS/other version is out, and about a year from now.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit