Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 05:19 PM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Wait where is the Red?!?!?! I can't build a red colored Q60 yet? Dude I need to get off the net and go back to mexico for another 5 days. .......
Can you confirm if the RS will also require tech pack when selecting DAS?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:36 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
It looks like its you need both. On the Q50 its DAS before Tech.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:28 PM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
It looks like its you need both. On the Q50 its DAS before Tech.
Why Infiniti....why?? Makes no sense to list it as a separate option if every other option is required including itself
Old 08-09-2016, 07:01 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonviper
Why Infiniti....why?? Makes no sense to list it as a separate option if every other option is required including itself
Idk man, idk. Maybe the website is still not fully up to date
The following users liked this post:
jasonviper (08-09-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 04:40 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Just optioned it and it is kinda overpriced.

Agree with the comment that red sport comes too close to m4.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I actually went back and chose just the premium package add on plus a few "accessories" and got it to just over $50K. With fake leather. This is with the 3.0T rwd.

I basically wouldn't be loosing any "luxury" features over what I have now (other than 50hp!) and honestly, I wouldn't need the rest of the gizmos. I'm perfectly happy to turn on my windshield wipers manually when it rains. But...I'd be stuck with the "crappy" steering system. So big fail there.

Unless the only difference between the S and RS is optical sensors and calibration, I'm a doubting thomas on the Red Sport...I think the RS is going to be well into the 60K range with options. Probably looking at $64K OTD once you figure in tax, title and license easily.

Looking at the complexity of everything, it's going to be a tough time modding this car and a vast, vast majority aren't going to mod theirs. We'll probably get decent gains from an exhaust (and of course tuning) but how many are going to void their warranty on a car this complex and this costly? I can't see netting 100hp to equal the RS easily or reliably. I could be wrong. Sure, the 335 guys get it but I wouldn't call it reliable. Hell, even the car in stock form isn't the most reliable but I digress.

On a side note, saw the first Q60 commercial on TV last night (John Snow). Looked good on the big screen.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:45 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I have a feeling most people in the general population will opt for the turbo 4 cylinder or 300hp version as most are more concerned with the sport coupe looks. Which is why I see so many base level four cylinder luxury sport coupes on the road.

I estimate the fully loaded RS I will get is low 60's, which none of the other luxury sport coupes with +400hp fully loaded and brand new come anywhere close to being that price. Also, no one pays sticker for any cars these days if you are good at negotiating.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 08-10-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:01 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the difference between the color options of pitch black and black obsidian? They are options when you build but look the same.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 08-10-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:10 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
A Redsport Q60 with just premium package should be about $56K MSRP.

I dont need any other tech. With a 56K MSRP, in the actual year 2017, this car will be had for 51-52K before taxes (Whoever pays MSRP is an idiot)

52K for a 375RWHP coupe? Im most likely IN.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:04 AM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Interesting to see how many people will jump on this. That's M2 $$ or spend little bit more on a M3
Old 08-10-2016, 11:49 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
guy on my FB page just posted a pic with a mildly optioned 3.0T AWD 300hp car with a sticker in the window showing $54k.

I laughed my @$$ off.

This is the biggest fail I've seen from a car company. ironically there was an ad for a local car company right below showing a white C7 targa vette with 5k miles on it for $53k.

My current G37s will be my last Infiniti. We get less power, more weight, more money, less desireable looks, more depreciation.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:24 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
I look forward to buying it uses
Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
I'm waiting to see where else we see the RS motor. Whether it's in a new Z, or an upcoming Titan or something. But I don't see the Infiniti community being enough of a draw for tuners to crack into the complexity of it right away. Intakes and exhausts, sure. But tuning, turbo swaps, intercooler upgrades, wouldn't be worth developing if people are buying a $50-60K car brand new, and hoping to keep their factory warranty. Anyone who would be planning to mod it right off the bat, would price that in with the purchase of the car, and they would be looking at a $60-70K car. If they had that much to spend, WHY would they get an Infiniti??? It would be a different story if this engine appeared in another car, like the next Z, with a more mod-friendly owner base, but if this motor is only in the Infiniti, I'd be prepared to wait a long time for big power options from the aftermarket. ...But on the other hand, 375WHP with a factory warranty isn't a bad place to wait.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:07 PM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
I'm waiting to see where else we see the RS motor. Whether it's in a new Z, or an upcoming Titan or something. But I don't see the Infiniti community being enough of a draw for tuners to crack into the complexity of it right away. Intakes and exhausts, sure. But tuning, turbo swaps, intercooler upgrades, wouldn't be worth developing if people are buying a $50-60K car brand new, and hoping to keep their factory warranty. Anyone who would be planning to mod it right off the bat, would price that in with the purchase of the car, and they would be looking at a $60-70K car. If they had that much to spend, WHY would they get an Infiniti??? It would be a different story if this engine appeared in another car, like the next Z, with a more mod-friendly owner base, but if this motor is only in the Infiniti, I'd be prepared to wait a long time for big power options from the aftermarket. ...But on the other hand, 375WHP with a factory warranty isn't a bad place to wait.
Too true. We all have to remember that we here on this forum are in the minority of Infiniti consumers. We look at the G as a sports car first and a luxury car second, while for most of Infiniti's user base it's the opposite. Infiniti is much more likely to double down on creature comforts and expensive tech that drives the price up than performance and quality exhaust notes. If you want a sports car you can get a 2017 Camaro 2SS making 460hp and every option you could want for mid $50k. American interiors have come a long way in the past few years. If you want a performance car then yeah, the BMW M cars are probably a better choice at this point, just as they have always been. Infiniti has decided that continue trying to punch above its weight class and is going to charge premium prices because that's what Joe Consumer associates with a luxury vehicle. Never underestimate the stupidity of the average person.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:43 PM
nisslover

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
It is ALWAYS so funny to see the last gen owners... I won't say hating... but not so receptive of a new gen model.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit