Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:03 PM
avidas2000

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
From a non Infiniti owner and a non biased opinion I think it looks good, nothing amazing but decemt. In some angles it looks just like a normal everyday car that wouldn't garner too much attention. The front is awful, the side & rear is what makes the car. Modded I'm sure it would look good, but that front end is just a no no for me. I'd probably not purchase one because of that reason alone. Otherwise good job Infiniti.
You are wrong. I think the front looks great. Believe me.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:25 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Everyone has a different opinion of cars, no matter which manufacturer. That is why is is nice to have choices so that people can move on to something they do like. I personally love the new Q60 from every angle, but some won't and that is normal with any car.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:28 PM
avidas2000

Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Everyone has a different opinion of cars, no matter which manufacturer. That is why is is nice to have choices so that people can move on to something they do like. I personally love the new Q60 from every angle, but some won't and that is normal with any car.
But not this. This one is just gorgeous from every angle. Believe me. It is.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:00 AM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
at first the design was just REALLY different for me, I wanted those iconic circular lights as well. But i was watching the designer's presentation on it and the inspiration for the design. They want to take the car into an artistic, futuristic, yet aggressive sporty direction. With accents on luxury.

the executive design director speaks at around 1:20

uhhhh i think they succeeded:

Last edited by gill1606; 07-31-2016 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:53 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by avidas2000
You are wrong. I think the front looks great. Believe me.
Lol. Oh gawd. I've owned the g37, created a lot of **** on these forums like bumpers and such. I have modded many cars including my 911 Turbo, GTR, etc. They all have flaws too but I can overlook them. People around the world aren't ****ing their pants after seeing this car and saying " holy fawk this is the perfect car I've ever seen" don't be a rookie dude.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:25 AM
avidas2000

Lol. Oh gawd. I've owned the g37, created a lot of **** on these forums like bumpers and such. I have modded many cars including my 911 Turbo, GTR, etc. They all have flaws too but I can overlook them. People around the world aren't ****ing their pants after seeing this car and saying " holy fawk this is the perfect car I've ever seen" don't be a rookie dude.
This one is JUST perfect. I can't imagine how they can improve the design in any other way. The exterior of the car is beautiful and functional from every angle. I m not talking about the interior. Only exterior. It's very good. Believe me. This will make Infiniti great again.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:48 AM
JC-RH
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Okay okay. We believe you.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:18 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by avidas2000
This one is JUST perfect. I can't imagine how they can improve the design in any other way. The exterior of the car is beautiful and functional from every angle. I m not talking about the interior. Only exterior. It's very good. Believe me. This will make Infiniti great again.
Ok Donald Trump. You realize we all have eyes and our own sense of aesthetics, right? We have opinions too and they just might differ from yours. Believe me.

ANYWAY, I know some folks were interested in seeing the new turbocharged Audi engine and how it works. Man, it's going to be quite difficult to do anything more with this engine from a physical standpoint. Too much proprietary hardware. It's in German but the video shows how everything works and is put together. Worth a watch. I think the Infiniti will be far, far easier to mod. I know the new RS6 is going to use the same EA839 engine but with more than 450hp. It'll be interesting to see how they do that. Scroll towards the bottom of the page and you'll see the vid. Watch it full screen.
http://www.autofilou.at/2016/04/moto...l-v6-tfsi.html
Old 07-31-2016, 11:59 AM
avidas2000

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Ok Donald Trump. You realize we all have eyes and our own sense of aesthetics, right? We have opinions too and they just might differ from yours. Believe me.

ANYWAY, I know some folks were interested in seeing the new turbocharged Audi engine and how it works. Man, it's going to be quite difficult to do anything more with this engine from a physical standpoint. Too much proprietary hardware. It's in German but the video shows how everything works and is put together. Worth a watch. I think the Infiniti will be far, far easier to mod. I know the new RS6 is going to use the same EA839 engine but with more than 450hp. It'll be interesting to see how they do that. Scroll towards the bottom of the page and you'll see the vid. Watch it full screen.
autofilou.at: Motorensymposium: Der neue 3.0l-V6-TFSI-Motor von Audi!
The red sport version will be a lot better than the Audi. it will be far more reliable and far better looking. It will be great. believe me.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:37 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
People will have different opinions and that is fine. Any post that keep repeating the same thing over and over or demeaning someone else's opinion will be deleted from this point on. Thanks and please enjoy the forum like adults!
Old 07-31-2016, 12:51 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Ape Factory

http://www.autofilou.at/2016/04/moto...l-v6-tfsi.html
Thanks, I wanted to see how it works. Always curious as to how things fit together.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:59 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

From a non Infiniti owner and a non biased opinion I think it looks good, nothing amazing but decemt. In some angles it looks just like a normal everyday car that wouldn't garner too much attention. The front is awful, the side & rear is what makes the car. Modded I'm sure it would look good, but that front end is just a no no for me. I'd probably not purchase one because of that reason alone. Otherwise good job Infiniti.
that is how almost every skyline is made by nissan. it looks normal, less sensational design, but with enough stout and elegance. If you look at this car's predecessors they look very normal as well.

When the R32 Skyline first came out, you could easily mistake it for any other car as well. Although performance wise it would be vastly different. The Q60 is a Skyline technically speaking, and these cars from what i have seen, have a design that is insidious, not too drastic, not too boring, just somewhere in between. you could easily mistake that R32 for a civic or accord back in the day, when it first released.

The R34 also has a similar normal, and not too drastic design point as well.
Yet sporty and elegant looking.

I think the Q60 is using the same formula. Sporty, elegant, aggressive looking, but yet not too drastic, with a hint of modesty as well.

Last edited by gill1606; 07-31-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:01 PM
QX4cor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
That's before options and non sport. Expect 300 sport at 48k and 400 at 51k before options (MSRP)
These are estimates on RWD models, correct? How about AWD models? Add about 2k? 3k? I was thinking 54k for AWD Red base.

Also, since you seem to be in the know, it's been posted that the Premium package is included on all V6 coupes. Is this what they now call the "premium plus", which includes heated seats and steering wheel in the AWD models, or will this still be an option pack?
Old 07-31-2016, 05:21 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

probably answered already, sorry for the trouble moderators, delete away if already in the thread somewhere lol, but is there a ride height difference between the base Q60 and the Red Sport Model.

Last edited by gill1606; 08-01-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:27 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by QX4cor
These are estimates on RWD models, correct? How about AWD models? Add about 2k? 3k? I was thinking 54k for AWD Red base.

Also, since you seem to be in the know, it's been posted that the Premium package is included on all V6 coupes. Is this what they now call the "premium plus", which includes heated seats and steering wheel in the AWD models, or will this still be an option pack?
No, that's AWD. The RS Q50 AWD is 49k, I figured 2k more for coupe.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit