Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
if you think proof of sound quality is a dash cam audio recording, then you will probably be pleased with your Bose system.
True, LOL!
Old 07-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by clutchfan
Love the black headliner (emulated from the Lexus IS350) lol.

The exterior looks too much like the Q50 however. But weird lines going all over the place. Especially the rear bumper, and the bottom portion of the car. Basically no flow to it.

Round and bubbly uptop, then straight jagged lines on the bottom. Makes no sense.
I still think the 2008-2015? Looks better, my opinion. The new one is ok.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:55 AM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by Ryne
Dropping the thigh bolsters was a mistake IMO. As was removing the "Infiniti" stitching from the backrest (which I realize was done late in the G37 production).
Agreed.. Should bring back Infiniti symbol stitched onto the seats. Whats up with that weird angled fake metal thing on the rear quarter windows.. that should have not made it into production... Don't like that.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by nisslover
That sure doesn't look like an Accord! Lol.

Here are some pics from Instagram of it next to a 1st gen G35 Coupe... The G35 holds it own as it is a classic design, but the Q60 definitely looks more modern and more pissed off. They also look to be the same height, although its obvious the Q60 is a bigger car.

https://instagram.com/p/BHP_sgoh-OM/
https://instagram.com/p/BHP-qftBob0/

I hate that the camera is distorting the Q60 here, tho.
The original G35 Coupe from 2003? Looks better than the new one. You knew it was an Infiniti. Just like the 2008-2015? G37 Coupe, I can tell it's an Infiniti. The new one from certain angles looks like a Accord Coupe or an Audi coupe till you get closer, other than grille. I like previous grill better. They are like Lexus bigger/uglier grills
Old 07-23-2016, 08:43 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmangto
The original G35 Coupe from 2003? Looks better than the new one. You knew it was an Infiniti. Just like the 2008-2015? G37 Coupe, I can tell it's an Infiniti. The new one from certain angles looks like a Accord Coupe or an Audi coupe till you get closer, other than grille. I like previous grill better. They are like Lexus bigger/uglier grills
Yeah, the 2017 should have been a cross between the 2003 G35 rear and sides with a 2008 G37 front. The lines on these 2 cars was classy, clean and sexy.

Acura did a cross between old and new with the TLX.

The 2017 Q60 looks too much like the Q50 which looks exactly like the Mazda 6.

Infiniti has lost it's touch. The G35 used to be confused with a Porsche. Now the new Q60 can confused with an Accord.

Infiniti making the same mistake Acura did with the TL. Doing a design refresh that has noting to do with the Original car. Look at BMW and Porsche. Each new yearly release doesn't go to far away from the original.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:50 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
Acuras lost their way for awhile now talk about fugly. Every car in their line up is ugly except for maybe the tsx.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:28 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
you guys are making the looks too big of a deal, Q60 looks "fine", like a luxury vehicle. It is close to the concept with a few tweaks which were probably cost related decisions. It shares parts and stuff with Q50 or maybe nissan vehicles.

However the character is still there. The design problem with Infitini also exists with Lexus and Acura vehicles. I can say that toyota cars look as good as the Lexus ones and Honda cars actually look better than Acura.

Well after all they are same company.

Design wise few luxury brands are still doing ok. Mercedes looks good. Bmw still have the characteristic look yet each one of their vehicles look very similar. Audi needs to change the design.

If you truly care about extraordinary design you should look at Italian cars. Most of them are exotic except Alfa Romeo.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:21 AM
saywat?
Registered Member

I don't understand the comments about the q60 looks like the q50. Wtf does that mean. They're the same cars except one is a sedan and one is a coupe. No different from before where g37 came in both coupe and sedan. U guys taking the name change way too seriously
Old 07-24-2016, 07:40 AM
VaderK52

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
I don't understand the comments about the q60 looks like the q50. Wtf does that mean. They're the same cars except one is a sedan and one is a coupe. No different from before where g37 came in both coupe and sedan. U guys taking the name change way too seriously
Ikr, sounds like they are reaching for something to criticize.
The following 2 users liked this post by VaderK52:
2008G-Man (07-24-2016), InfinitiFreak (07-25-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by VaderK52
Ikr, sounds like they are reaching for something to criticize.
Same thing happens every time a new design is released. Some people prefer what they have and feel the need to repeatedly criticize the new design...some people hate it but grow to like it over time...others immediately love it and start modding it before it even hits showroom floors
The following users liked this post:
InfinitiFreak (07-25-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 03:02 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
Yeah, the 2017 should have been a cross between the 2003 G35 rear and sides with a 2008 G37 front. The lines on these 2 cars was classy, clean and sexy.

Acura did a cross between old and new with the TLX.

The 2017 Q60 looks too much like the Q50 which looks exactly like the Mazda 6.

Infiniti has lost it's touch. The G35 used to be confused with a Porsche. Now the new Q60 can confused with an Accord.

Infiniti making the same mistake Acura did with the TL. Doing a design refresh that has noting to do with the Original car. Look at BMW and Porsche. Each new yearly release doesn't go to far away from the original.
I'm sorry but what planet are you from? Because it doesn't seem to be Earth. Did you just say that Infiniti looks like Mazda? Even if that were partly true, it's because Mazda completely stole Infiniti Essence design many, many years ago and made all of their cars look like that, not the other way around.

Also show me the idiot who confused Infiniti with Porsche because even if you know less than nothing about any automotive subject - even then you would have to be high, drunk and retarded to confuse them. Or take Accord for that matter, they literally look nothing alike other than being a coupe and having four wheels two doors, a hood and a trunk, you might as well just say that it looks like every other car on the street.

And that brings us to the last statement about how Infiniti is like Acura. WTF??? Acura is just a rebadged Honda made in Ohio, it's not even a brand as far as I'm concerned. They've stopped trying long, long time ago, now they just take a Honda product, rebadge it, add a feature or two and sell it to the ever shrinking number of morons who are still impressed with Acura badge. Acura and Infiniti are at about the same sales volume right now but Infiniti is about to release a ton of new and redesigned models while Acura has one supercar and no other cars that are even mildly impressive, BUT they will gladly sell you rebadged Civic\Accord\Pilot\CRV for a 10k premium. That is what is killing them, doing a model refresh that is not to your liking has had 0 to no effect on their sales.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:22 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

^ fkn lol
Old 07-25-2016, 04:13 PM
avidas2000

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by serega13
I'm sorry but what planet are you from? Because it doesn't seem to be Earth. Did you just say that Infiniti looks like Mazda? Even if that were partly true, it's because Mazda completely stole Infiniti Essence design many, many years ago and made all of their cars look like that, not the other way around.

Also show me the idiot who confused Infiniti with Porsche because even if you know less than nothing about any automotive subject - even then you would have to be high, drunk and retarded to confuse them. Or take Accord for that matter, they literally look nothing alike other than being a coupe and having four wheels two doors, a hood and a trunk, you might as well just say that it looks like every other car on the street.

And that brings us to the last statement about how Infiniti is like Acura. WTF??? Acura is just a rebadged Honda made in Ohio, it's not even a brand as far as I'm concerned. They've stopped trying long, long time ago, now they just take a Honda product, rebadge it, add a feature or two and sell it to the ever shrinking number of morons who are still impressed with Acura badge. Acura and Infiniti are at about the same sales volume right now but Infiniti is about to release a ton of new and redesigned models while Acura has one supercar and no other cars that are even mildly impressive, BUT they will gladly sell you rebadged Civic\Accord\Pilot\CRV for a 10k premium. That is what is killing them, doing a model refresh that is not to your liking has had 0 to no effect on their sales.
Oh man. That burnt. That should shut him up.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:16 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

i like how the kinda recent rl looked just like the accord sedan in the back. now i think they tried to copy bmws rear
Old 07-26-2016, 03:45 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Some more Q60 stuff.. mute the idiotic music lol
Disregard the fact that it says "convertible" But you get a good walk-around of the RS400 in white

The following 3 users liked this post by KAHBOOM:
InfinitiFreak (07-26-2016), mangoface (07-27-2016), OhGwhiz (07-26-2016)

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit