G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:42 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Actually, that came from OC Infiniti. Stillen posted it and I just reshared in on my page. This is a trainers vehcile and these usually go around the country for a couple of months before they are crushed. Usually when the trainer brings the car, they are 3 months out. We saw the Q50 in April, and it came out in August. The QX30 we saw in April and will be out end of July is from what I guess. I'm gonna touch the coupe in August but guessing we are at the end of the cycle this time because it should be out by Sept. This is all speculation of course but nothing solid. I still think we will see pricing and order guides leak or release next month.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:23 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by 300ZXTT

The grill, with or without the small headlights overpowers the rest. On the opposite end, the integrated rear spoiler looks silly, an afterthought, and should be more aggressive looking. I guess integrated spoilers are the 'in' thing now though. And no, you're not the only one who thinks the rear reflector/black wavy plastic ruins the rear bumper. Useless! And, speaking of useless, the chrome 'gills' behind the front wheels. I'm asking, do they serve any purpose at all? If not, they should NOT be there. Decorative crap, same as with the '3.0t' emblem. No one cares, heck, most people won't/don't even know what that means. I realize it's fairly easily removed, but still. The most noticeable thing, which I like, is the fact that it is wider than the G37, which gives it a bit more aggressive appearance. Which is why a more aggressive spoiler would look better. I believe its overall lower in height as well. Taillights and headlights are nice, even that 'cut-in' look on the quarter window does not look as bad as I thought it did originally, well, except for the chrome. The best thing is the motor.
I agree. I hate the reflectors and the way that the lower portion of the rear bumper is cut. And in pics the grill often looks overpowering. And there is way too much chrome!! they should have made it black chrome if they wanted those accents and offer an option for matte black accents. But I also know that Infinitis often do not photograph well.

additional things I miss
1) No more adjustable gauge cluster.
2) Why move the shift paddles to the steering wheel. These should be kept in a fixed position (like on the Q50!!) Putting it on the steering wheel just makes them harder to use while you are maneuvering the car. having them in the fixed position- you always know where they are when maneuvering.
3) Why get rid of the thigh bolster extensions in the S ?? They kept them in the Q50S

Old 06-23-2016, 03:04 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I got the Infiniti newsletter in the email today and it said to stay tuned for an exclusive reservation opportunity for the upcoming Q60...whatever that means.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:19 PM
eljoker

The weird thing is that there is a Red S on the trunk badge but not the 3.0t like on the Q50. The production version at the shows had it.......
Old 06-23-2016, 03:26 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
The weird thing is that there is a Red S on the trunk badge but not the 3.0t like on the Q50. The production version at the shows had it.......
LOL, I noticed that too. Seems that the S likes to migrate all over the car. As long as it has 400hp under the hood the S can show up wherever it wants!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:37 PM
ry0t05

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I forgot, are they pumping exhaust noise through the speakers in the new Q60?
Old 06-23-2016, 04:16 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Pics......

A few weird things I've noticed in the pictures of the white "trainer" car.

Chrome trim pieces look idiotic, they should be black chrome or carbon fiber to look like the car is from this century, even painted the same color as the rest of the car would look better than chrome IMHO.

No more thigh bolsters? That was my favorite sport seat feature.

Exhaust tips with weird holes will be a b%#ch to keep clean.

They picked a terrible set of wheels, they look like they belong on a base model camry.

Hofmeister kink has never looked good on any car, they should just drop it.

Black plastic fake rear bumper air vents look terrible on any color other than black. Actually they look terrible on black as well.

Where do you attach a front plate on this bumper? It seems like it will look stupid no matter where you attach it.

Where's LSD???

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 06-23-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:24 PM
ry0t05

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I wouldn't ever put a front license plate on this (or any other) car anyways (legal or not), but that is a good question - there isn't any place to put it. It doesn't look like it can even go in that grill area, unless it covers up the infiniti emblem.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:27 PM
serega13

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by ry0t05
I wouldn't ever put a front license plate on this (or any other) car anyways (legal or not), but that is a good question - there isn't any place to put it. It doesn't look like it can even go in that grill area, unless it covers up the infiniti emblem.

My guess is it will probably go on the side with a weird wedge shaped license plate base like on EVOs.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:44 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Made in Tennessee?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:42 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes! It kept throwing me for a loop because I kept thinking wow the non-sport has a BBK too! The other thing that looks off is the Mt.Fuji on the front grille...it looks like its printed on a flat piece of plastic and tacked on....?
Old 06-24-2016, 01:21 PM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by serega13
A few weird things I've noticed in the pictures of the white "trainer" car.

Where do you attach a front plate on this bumper? It seems like it will look stupid no matter where you attach it.

Looks like the front plate goes here

Old 06-24-2016, 01:25 PM
eljoker

You know that looks like a temp fix. I bet the bracket goes on the top portion of the bumper that is under the grill and the plate sits on the line of the bottom grill. Like the top of the plate over laps the bottom if the grill. I'm just guessing tho.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:34 PM
KAHBOOM

I hate front plates. makes cars look buck tooth or something lol. glad I live in a state that doesnt have front plate laws.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:00 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Front plates are evil and should be wiped from the face of the planet! Just think it messes up the flow and presentation of the front of cars.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit