Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 12:06 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
Not sure why auto drivers gets all defensive when we ask or hope if there will be a manual option. Like it doesn't affect them since they can STILL choose an auto.

But for those of us who wants manual are out of luck.
I think they are still upset that their wives make them buy an automatic.

...............Only joking my friends.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
Not sure why auto drivers gets all defensive when we ask or hope if there will be a manual option. Like it doesn't affect them since they can STILL choose an auto.

But for those of us who wants manual are out of luck.
It has nothing to do with being defensive. Like I said, it's the pretentious comments about a manual transmission being "proper". That's an opinion. Are manual transmission cars fun to drive, sure, are automatics, sure. You never see anyone around here with an auto attacking someone with a manual, the snarky comments are always coming from the manual crowd.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ryne:
2008G-Man (03-04-2016), Black Betty (03-05-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 06:48 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
It has nothing to do with being defensive. Like I said, it's the pretentious comments about a manual transmission being "proper". That's an opinion. Are manual transmission cars fun to drive, sure, are automatics, sure. You never see anyone around here with an auto attacking someone with a manual, the snarky comments are always coming from the manual crowd.
They come from both sides.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
They come from both sides.
its not too often (if ever) that an automatic owner pokes fun at a manual driver for not having a "proper" or "real" transmission.

i, however, look down at all of you while i drive my TC-SST.

seriously, drive what you like.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Okay, this has run its course. The manual transmission only lobby has been heard. And heard and heard and heard. In case anyone didn't comprehend the first 6 thousand times it's been said I'll lay it out for he final time in this thread.

-Manual transmissions are great.
-Many people will only consider or drive a car with a manual transmission. Because racecar.
-Many people are upset or disappointed that this car has not yet been made available with a manual transmission yet (that's been announced).
-Even though they claim they won't consider the car without a manual transmission, they can't help but continue to post endlessly on and on about it in this thread about it.

Why are you still in this thread? We get it. Stop bitching and whining in this thread, it's cluttering it up for everyone who actually whats to talk about this car. Don't post about it in this thread anymore unless it's about some new definitive information from Infiniti themselves about manual transmission availability on the new Q60. Any other repetitive inane complaints about the manual transmission issue will be deleted. And if you continue you'll be asked to leave the thread permanently.

So there's that.

Last edited by Black Betty; 03-05-2016 at 11:54 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Black Betty:
2008G-Man (03-05-2016), InfinitiFreak (03-05-2016), twin_snails (03-07-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 09:57 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
I don't have any 2016 Q50s scheduled for drop off this month. I do see the 2.0ts coming first week of April. Which very well could mean they get here, end of month. I would expect pricing be announced for the Q50s end of month for the whole line up. Then I would expect Q60 info in May, which would lead to a Jun/July production for Sept delivery.

Unless Infiniti does Infiniti again and pushes it forward.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 03-05-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:52 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
I don't have any 2016 Q50s scheduled for drop off this month. I do see the 2.0ts coming first week of April. Which very well could mean they get here, end of month. I would expect pricing be announced for the Q50s end of month for the whole line up. Then I would expect Q60 info in May, which would lead to a Jun/July production for Sept delivery.

Unless Infiniti does Infiniti again and pushes it forward.
Do you all get to decide what packages and options come on the cars that you all will be getting or is it whatever Infiniti decides to build first.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 PM
eljoker

As far as I can gather, when they open up orders, they list what can be ordered and how. Then you chose what you want and how you want it. They dictate how many you can get but you pick the options. If you don't pick them out, they send what they think is best. I know for sure we sat down and ordered 2.0ts in Dec and 1 Red sport. But they don't list prices. In Jan, I saw we got allocated more red sports and the regular 3.0ts and those are the ones coming in May/Jun.

From talks with friends that work for other brands, Infiniti ordering system isn't as custom and is more automated. They also don't let you order every month and what you want. They are stat heavy. But if they over build, they will open up supplementary orders. Those are basically, here's what we have extra, you can take X amount, pick them and we will send them.

Now I'm not the guy that orders them, but after 3.5 years of eavesdropping, this is what I've gathered. I will say, the few times I have sat and gave my input, we sold those cars quicker than others. Perks of being on the sales floor and listening to what my marker wants. Wish they let me do a little more. Also wish Infiniti was more efficient I guess.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (03-07-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Tritonia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Won't Take On BMW M or Mercedes-AMG (Yet)

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...mance-branding

For all of you who thought this was an M or AMG competitor, it's not. Guess we'll all have to wait a little bit longer. Also looks like they're planning on putting the new VR motor into other models as the 300/400 hp variants sometime in the future too.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:28 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by Tritonia

For all of you who thought this was an M or AMG competitor, it's not. Guess we'll all have to wait a little bit longer. Also looks like they're planning on putting the new VR motor into other models as the 300/400 hp variants sometime in the future too.
Good stuff, this lets them experiment without having to rush something that's unfinished.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Dgriffith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That means they won't be competing at M or AMG pricing either and will come in at a more affordable price point. Works for me ...
Old 03-07-2016, 03:03 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
I took a test drive in my own car with one of Infiniti's master technicians regarding some 7AT behavior last week. We got to talking about the new engines and he said that the new 2.0L turbo 4 from Mercedes is a dog. He's driven both and said if you buy one, get the 3.0L V6 because it's a great motor and is all Infiniti, which I already knew. He's worked for Infiniti for 20 years and what I found most interesting was his German accent. I asked if they'd received any training on the new engines yet and he said that they had not but that they would probably get it at the last minute, which is par for the course.

Another question...does anyone think that the 2017 Q50 will see a mid-model refresh? I say this because in 2009, the G37 sedan received the 3.7L engine and 7AT and in 2010, the front and rear fascia was redesigned and freshened up. I feel that something similar could be on deck for the 2017 model (Q50 that is). If so, I'd like to see what the refresh will look like.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:59 PM
eljoker

I heard 2017 is an appearance update, ala mid model refresh. So I would guess they launch next year in the spring. The whole line up has been pushed and it's embarrassing not having current model years on your lot. In order to catch up, one of the model years have to be a short run.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 11:41 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

While its no direct M/ AMG competitor, I think that if the weight remains the same or similar and with the amount of power and torque the engine produces, its going to be extremely competitive in its class.
The biggest challenge should be driving feel, handling characteristics etc which may not be up to par with the Germans by some, perhaps subjective, standard.
But then again I thought that Infiniti was laying down the gauntlet when it announced its 330 HP engine for the G37.. Then it weighed in a little heavier than expected. Not a bad performer but fell a tad short of the BMW 3 series.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:50 PM
TheoQ60

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Obviously this is competing w/ the BMW 440, which roughly has the same hp as the red sport. They underrate their engines by quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit