Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 02:23 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Man those tests reviews on the Q50S are kinda like "just ok" but mostly subjective. Infiniti needs to bring it hard with the Q60.

They really should have offered a DCT option. I bet there will be one in a couple years. That will tick off all the 2017 buyers
Pretty sure a DCT is most likely in the works but probably wasn't ready yet. As you said, I could see that being a option a year or two after the release.

Sounds like the sedan is pretty quick and that is with the crappy tires and not getting very good traction. The Q60 should be a beast!

Sounds like the pricing has stayed about the same for the new red sport version as compared to the top of the line version from last year, so the coupe should be very similar and a good price.

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 02-29-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you for that link Ape Factory.
I'm on the fence. I'm in the market for a new car. I know the Q50 is not going to weigh 2300lbs like the 240z, but. Also, I'm not sure why they cut displacement and went to what appears to me to be half a** on the power. Would seem another 50 horse would have been easy and more "competitive" for a tt motor. Last, the price. If it's ~$48,000.00, it opens up a lot of alternatives. I haven't moved on yet. I love my g37 and want to see the Q50 test numbers, reviews, test drive. Maybe the generous low end tork curve and 400hp will win me over.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:35 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I think it'll be a very enjoyable car on the street in AWD trim or with much better tires. I chuckled when they mentioned it'd come with the Bridgestone RE050A's as they aren't great tires but I'm sure politics prevents them from running Michelins.

I too am hoping the Q60 is a bit "harder". The comments on the electronic suspension were interesting...might be worth it NOT to order that package (if even possible) and instead plan on installing something more sport oriented. Shouldn't have to but it is what it is. Choose your options wisely!
Old 02-29-2016, 11:37 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
WTF! They were in San Antonio for Jalponik's review! And Hotel Emma is very, very nice. Had I known (and I'm in the biz), I would have tracked these guys down.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Old 03-01-2016, 07:55 AM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
I think it'll be a very enjoyable car on the street in AWD trim or with much better tires. I chuckled when they mentioned it'd come with the Bridgestone RE050A's as they aren't great tires but I'm sure politics prevents them from running Michelins.

I too am hoping the Q60 is a bit "harder". The comments on the electronic suspension were interesting...might be worth it NOT to order that package (if even possible) and instead plan on installing something more sport oriented. Shouldn't have to but it is what it is. Choose your options wisely!
Yeah I am planning on getting the AWD this time around and I always upgrade my tires as you usually don't get the top of the line from the factory! Very excited for the Q60 now!
Old 03-01-2016, 10:28 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I hope enough car magazines **** on the 7 speed auto box so it forces them to re-think the idea of not offering a manual.

Like, do they REALLY think they can get away with putting that slush box into the next Z as the sole option? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-01-2016, 10:44 AM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by Ape Factory

I'm on the fence about the suspension also, some reviews seem to love it, some don't. When the new Q60 start arriving will have to drive both to see which one I prefer. Though I think the new suspension could have some real advantages, especially when combined with the AWD!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:43 PM
TheoQ60

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm a little disappointed on the exhaust note, some reviews saying it's very quiet.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:39 PM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by TheoQ60
I'm a little disappointed on the exhaust note, some reviews saying it's very quiet.
Very true, however, the sedan has always had a quieter exhaust than the coupe. So I am guessing the coupe exhaust still sounds different.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:44 PM
04gtoryder
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you go to around 5 minutes you hear the exhaust pretty well as they drive around the course. Tough to tell on vidoes but it sounds like a quieter GTR IMO. I'm thinking these engines will be an axelback away from sounding very nice. Hopefully the coupe is a little louder.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:30 AM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
400hp with a broad torque band is more than enough for most of us. They are in the
Old 03-02-2016, 02:53 AM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Very true, however, the sedan has always had a quieter exhaust than the coupe. So I am guessing the coupe exhaust still sounds different.
First thing I did was add a Tanabe axle back exhaust to my coupe. I really like the Infiniti luxury but the exhausts are just too quiet.
So I'm not concerned about the stock sound of the new Q60 because a quality exhaust will make the new engine sound just right.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:51 AM
InfinitiFreak

Originally Posted by blackvr4tt
First thing I did was add a Tanabe axle back exhaust to my coupe. I really like the Infiniti luxury but the exhausts are just too quiet.
So I'm not concerned about the stock sound of the new Q60 because a quality exhaust will make the new engine sound just right.
Yeah the exhaust note is not that big a concern to me either, I am sure it will be nice, as Infiniti tends to have good sounding exhaust, however, if I want it a bit louder, then that is an easy fix. Will have to see how the new Q60 exhaust sounds and decide if I want to upgrade it.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:47 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Everyone seems to be forgetting the Q60 is a luxury GT car first and formost, trying to remain semi-affordable. It's never intended to be a track car.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 PM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Yeah the exhaust note is not that big a concern to me either, I am sure it will be nice, as Infiniti tends to have good sounding exhaust, however, if I want it a bit louder, then that is an easy fix. Will have to see how the new Q60 exhaust sounds and decide if I want to upgrade it.
Everyone here knows that even if it sounds nice stock we're all going to throw exhaust on it anyway

Last edited by JUMBO PALACE; 03-03-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit