Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I wasn't calling you out on your comparison. I was speaking to the overall comparisons and the suggestion that the two should be cross shopped without exception.
Yes I think the Q60 should have venhilated seats too.
Yeah, I considered several cars that may not have been in the G37's "class" .... new WRX, used 911 Turbo ...

I guess my ultimate vehicle is a small, lightweight sports car with AWD, great handling, and some power.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:27 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
Yeah, I considered several cars that may not have been in the G37's "class" .... new WRX, used 911 Turbo ...

I guess my ultimate vehicle is a small, lightweight sports car with AWD, great handling, and some power.
I hear ya... I was somewhat in that boat when I first considered the G35 coupe back in 2002/2003. I was willing to spend more or less based on the category and recognized I would have advantages/ limitations per category. I think sometimes folks don't temper their expectations and then get disappointed when a car that costs 10K less smokes them at the red light (cough... ahem.. ) "the track"...
But to your point, its 2016!! Give me some ventilated seats in my potentially 60K car!!! lol
Old 02-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
But to your point, its 2016!! Give me some ventilated seats in my potentially 60K car!!! lol
it seems like a trivial thing, but its about comfort, and on a $60k sport - luxury car, it should be there, especially with black leather.

a HUD display wouldnt hurt, either.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I'd settled on a Mustang last year when I knew I'd be buying a new car. Test drove it numerous times, performance package version, autos, etc..Came away very disappointed.

Most complain about the ventilated seats in that they don't work very well if at all. They end up blowing hot air. Performance version was extremely jouncy and quite frankly, it didn't feel like a 400+ hp car. Steering wasn't particularly tight or communicative either and you have to look over a huge, bulbous hood. The car looks smaller from the outside than it feels from the inside. Just the opposite of the feeling I get in the G.

Fit and finish was ok but still sub-par, especially from a style standpoint. The exterior is fabulous IMO, I still drool over it. And it's far better than the last gen on so many fronts. In the end, I was never really completely sold on it and the wife didn't want one at all. So I passed. Now a GT 350..I'd put up with the car's idiosyncrasies if I could actually get one at MSRP.

Personally, I think the new version will come in well under $60K loaded.
The following users liked this post:
KAHBOOM (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 02:01 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Still looks like a pissed off Mazda angry bird.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Broken Arrow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheoQ60
I'm a little more disappointed on the fact that the quilted seats/door trim didn't make it from the concept (yet the new Maxima has quilted seats).
The quilted seat inserts only made it into the Maxima SR, a sport version that deletes the sunroof and drops the suspension by about half an inch.Those quilted inserts, BTW, are comprised of genuine Alcantara.

I actually test drove that model, and came back fairly impressed, even though I am totally anti-CVT in any car.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 AM
TheoQ60

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow
The quilted seat inserts only made it into the Maxima SR, a sport version that deletes the sunroof and drops the suspension by about half an inch.Those quilted inserts, BTW, are comprised of genuine Alcantara.

I actually test drove that model, and came back fairly impressed, even though I am totally anti-CVT in any car.
That's not true, we have a Platinum '16 and it has quilted seats
Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
no ventilated seats? ill pass
Old 02-05-2016, 10:55 AM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I may need to get my eyes checked. This looks white, but it could be the silver one at the auto show. That one had a red interior. This interior looks brownish.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 AM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts
I really feel like I need to see this car in person before I can decide whether or not I like the look. I wasn't too keen on the G37 until I actually got up close to one. For some reason it really seems like Infinitis don't photograph well.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
From the pictures I'd say it looks aggressive yet somewhat reserved. As if Infiniti didn't want to get too crazy with the design and turn off some potential buyers. All in all I think they did a good job finding the middle ground. I need to see it as well before I can say "it's for me". If I do decide to get it that's when the real work begins. I will mod the **** out of it and make it more aggressive in every way I can, because that's just me.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:50 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
From the pictures I'd say it looks aggressive yet somewhat reserved. As if Infiniti didn't want to get too crazy with the design and turn off some potential buyers. All in all I think they did a good job finding the middle ground. I need to see it as well before I can say "it's for me". If I do decide to get it that's when the real work begins. I will mod the **** out of it and make it more aggressive in every way I can, because that's just me.
Infiniti's just never photograph well.

Merely just blacking out all the chrome on the entire car will instantly make this car much more aggressive.

The wheel gap has been taken care of dramatically....so I dont believe a lot of people will be lowering this car. Some wheels and its good to go!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:45 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
Infiniti's just never photograph well.

Merely just blacking out all the chrome on the entire car will instantly make this car much more aggressive.

The wheel gap has been taken care of dramatically....so I dont believe a lot of people will be lowering this car. Some wheels and its good to go!
I agree, I'd want to either black out the wheels and put on spacers or get new ones altogether.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
The wheel gap will return once the actual production models roll out. All pre-production/reveal models have an aggressive stance. Look at the pics from previous G coupes when they were first revealed at auto shows before production started. The top of the line model may have a lowered suspensiin, but that's about it.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
TheoQ60

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
The wheel gap will return once the actual production models roll out. All pre-production/reveal models have an aggressive stance. Look at the pics from previous G coupes when they were first revealed at auto shows before production started. The top of the line model may have a lowered suspensiin, but that's about it.
Are you sure?

I think I've seen more new cars have less wheel gap straight from the factory. Either way I wont be lowering it, I already have a lowered car and it's annoying in NYC.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit