Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 11:26 AM
300ZXTT
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
you never said anything about a coupe, you said, "5.3 seconds and have all wheel drive".

if you're making comparisons to a 7 yr old G37 coupe, there's no reason a used Porsche in the same price range cannot be considered.
Thank you sir. I'm the one who said there are a LOT of cars with faster 0-60 times than the new Q60, whether AWD or not. And regardless of price. If someone is looking at the Q60 coupe, AWD or RWD, primarily for the 0-60 times, they just might not be understanding the point of the car. And as I also stated, a 4.5 sec. 0-60 in the Q60 400hp version weighing 3,700 POUNDS should make most all of its owners happy, happy. It would me. Some people either miss the point, or simply don't understand it.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:23 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
Must suck to be a mustang or camaro owner and be surrounded by rental cars of the same model. That's how it is where I'm from.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by 300ZXTT
Thank you sir. I'm the one who said there are a LOT of cars with faster 0-60 times than the new Q60, whether AWD or not. And regardless of price. If someone is looking at the Q60 coupe, AWD or RWD, primarily for the 0-60 times, they just might not be understanding the point of the car. And as I also stated, a 4.5 sec. 0-60 in the Q60 400hp version weighing 3,700 POUNDS should make most all of its owners happy, happy. It would me. Some people either miss the point, or simply don't understand it.
yeah, i get it - my G37 is much slower than the Evo its replacing, but its quick ENOUGH. i wanted a smaller good-looking car with good handling, AWD, and decent acceleration.

Originally Posted by saywat?
Must suck to be a mustang or camaro owner and be surrounded by rental cars of the same model. That's how it is where I'm from.
i live near a large park where cars like to "cruise". you can't throw a rock around here without hitting a Mustang/Camaro/Corvette/Challenger/Charger. i like my cars a little more "out of the ordinary". most of my past cars nobody even knew what the hell they were ... but i did.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:35 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmangto
Ask the people I saw stuck in their Mustangs and Camaros in this last winter storm in NY City how useful their RWD car was? Right? Get real.. No to mention they were causing traffic backups, because their cars couldn't make it up the hill, sitting their spinning sideways... All the AWD cars had no problem going around them, including myself.

I had a Rear drive only G37 Coupe before.. it was very terrible in the snow. Had to avoid hills in snow leaving work, etc. . my AWD night and day, totally different car.
Sorry, but I need to call you out to "get real" yourself. Just because you saw some RWD cars stuck in the snow doesn't mean anything other than they were not prepared. You're obviously misinformed when it comes to understanding the right tires for the job. I'm in Chicago, where we have long winters and many snow days. I've been driving a RWD car for the better part of 13yrs. I don't get stuck or sit in one spot spinning my wheels, because I have winter tires. I've never been stuck or had any issues, not even in blizzards. I can attest that if you had an AWD car with All-Season tires I'd run circles around you with my RWD car w/Winter Tires, hands down. I'd out accelerate, out corner and stop in a shorter distance than your AWD setup. I know you don't believe me, that's because you've never driven a car with proper winter tires. You have zero experience or else you'd have a different opinion.

RWD w/Winter Tires > AWD w/Summer Tires
RWD w/Winter Tires > AWD w/All-Season Tires
RWD w/Winter Tires < AWD w/Winter Tires

I challenge you to go find some other video reviews. Tire Rack has a bunch too, with RWD and winter tires. As your experience with AWD was night and day so is when you put on winter tires.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iXjzYbpt9Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-30-2016, 07:16 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
I used to drive a Trans Am in the snow when I lived in Jersey. I made it up hills and through the streets no problem. If you are having a problem driving RWD in the snow its user error. The G has a strong traction control and I can't see the car being bad in the snow...especially how heavy it is. AWD doesn't necessarily mean you wont have issues either, you have a better shot at not getting stuck but I have seen tons of AWD cars and trucks stuck. Just sayin
Old 01-30-2016, 08:04 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Get winter tires and don't worry about it. It was like night and day once we put winter tires on our G (and I grew up in upstate NY driving in snow with RWD cars so no user error).
Old 01-30-2016, 08:21 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Get winter tires and don't worry about it. It was like night and day once we put winter tires on our G (and I grew up in upstate NY driving in snow with RWD cars so no user error).
Yeah, I did it on high performance summer tires and had no issues. But if you have the right equipment and you know what you are doin it shouldn't be an issue. To be honest...I have never bought winter tires and now I live in Cali so I don't need to. LoL
Old 01-30-2016, 09:30 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Yeah, I did it on high performance summer tires and had no issues. But if you have the right equipment and you know what you are doin it shouldn't be an issue. To be honest...I have never bought winter tires and now I live in Cali so I don't need to. LoL
I'm in FL now and could hardly give away my Blizzaks when I left MD.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:51 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
I conquer, with Winter tires making all the difference. I can also attess to the mass public believing that AWD is better in the snow with all season. Most of the public think all season means it is 100% better than dedicated winter/ summer tires. This is in fact not true but what do I know, I only read real data reports and have real world experience.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:54 AM
Blade89

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eljoker
You guys would be surprised what is cross shopped between Infinitis. Had a guy one time proceed to insult us when he we kindly asked him what he bought after he looked at our G coupe (new). A Hyundai Volster, because its the same thing........ People in the real world are never apples to apples. More like fruit to fruit, vegetable to vegetable.
That's funny. I have a '08 G37, the wife has a '13 Velsoter Turbo. While the Veloster beats the G in practicality (it's nice to fit 2 full sized bicycles in the back), MPG (50% better avg.) and price/cost to own (almost 1/2 the price to buy), it ties it in creature comforts. It's got all the same trim and tech that my G has (or at least that I use). The G is far better in the performance category obviously.

Sounds like that guy didn't want to pay double plus sacrifice efficiency/practicality for 140hp and better handling.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:23 AM
TheoQ60

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So you can hear the exhaust in the Q60 trailer, it's just hard to hear because of the music.

At 8 seconds you hear the engine start up and if you pay attention closely you will hear an exhaust note under the music

At 47 seconds, front of the car - it sounds very close to that in car vid of the S3.0t Q50, guess we are hearing the turbos?

Old 01-31-2016, 01:45 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

The car is gorgeous IMO. I wish the vid didn't have all the music and effects as well...maybe 30 seconds of just the car sound. I like it though
Old 02-01-2016, 08:51 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
The car is gorgeous IMO. I wish the vid didn't have all the music and effects as well...maybe 30 seconds of just the car sound. I like it though
I cant wait to see it in the flesh. I need to drive it. Those damn paddles better be very fast.
The following users liked this post:
evil-G-nius (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 11:54 AM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
I cant wait to see it in the flesh. I need to drive it. Those damn paddles better be very fast.
That's my biggest concern, followed by weight and size.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:13 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
... but you can get ventilated seats!

i was never comparing to the Mustang, just saying that Infiniti's luxury game isn't on point when a rattletrap pony car gets more luxurious amenities.
I wasn't calling you out on your comparison. I was speaking to the overall comparisons and the suggestion that the two should be cross shopped without exception.
Yes I think the Q60 should have venhilated seats too.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit