Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:17 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Danmangto
Incorrect. A brand new Q60 AWD base model is $43,605 MSRP including destination. There are more deals on the Infiniti since it's the outgoing model, so it might be cheaper than a loaded GT. Other things to consider...The Infiniti has a longer bumper to bumper warranty, 4yr 60k vs only 3yr 36k. Long term, I wouldn't want a American car past 7yrs. My friends with Ford of around 2010 starting to have all kinds of repairs... no thanks.

The more horsepower of the Mustang is useless when it rains or snows. Enjoy fishtailing and lack of traction. It's not like the Q60 is slow or underpowered. It has decent performance. Big point.. I live in the north east. and I can drive the Q60 year round thanks to the ATTESA AWD. The last snow storm, saw 2 new Mustangs stuck.. I had no problem going right around.

Those rear drive only cars are Sit and Spins... esp if it rains/snows. Sometimes in the dry... I love my modified 2005 GTO, but it's not an all year drivable car.
A Q60 with AWD is !!
There are these things called winter tires, they do wonders for RWD cars in the snow. If you don't want to change out wheels twice a season I get that, but to say a RWD car is useless during certain times of the year...
Old 01-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
What are those lots of cars that are as fast or faster than a Q60? 5.3 seconds and have all wheel drive. For one..the new Lexus Coupe 350 is slower 0-60 than an 7 yr old G37 coupe. LOL!
an Evo, for one. STI, probably even WRX. the new Focus RS. Porsche Carrera 4 / 911turbo. probably a few others im forgetting about.

That Mustang (prob loaded one) with heated/ventilated seats is prob almost the same price as base Q60.. No thanks... Good luck if you own it and the Ford hits about 7yrs old when everything starts to brake/fail... I've had Infinitis far more reliable.
you're missing the point. Infiniti touts itself as a luxury brand, yet the lowly ponycar Mustang has more luxury features available. no, i dont want a Mustang.
hell, Nissans have more luxury features than Infiniti's. Infiniti seems to have an identity crisis.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:44 PM
tag824

Originally Posted by Landshark
an Evo, for one. STI, probably even WRX. the new Focus RS. Porsche Carrera 4 / 911turbo. probably a few others im forgetting about.

you're missing the point. Infiniti touts itself as a luxury brand, yet the lowly ponycar Mustang has more luxury features available. no, i dont want a Mustang.
hell, Nissans have more luxury features than Infiniti's. Infiniti seems to have an identity crisis.
BMW M235i xDrive, 0-60 4.4s
Old 01-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tag824
BMW M235i xDrive, 0-60 4.4s
im sure theres a Mercedes 4matic thats quick, too. Audi, VW ...
Old 01-29-2016, 10:47 PM
tag824

im sure theres a Mercedes 4matic thats quick, too. Audi, VW ...
Yup, there are many indeed.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:51 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
It does, that's why I picked the Q60 over the F-sport RC Coupe. Well, that and because there was no other 6mt option other than a BMW.
Agreed... IMHO there isn't a coupe in its class that offers the same balance of styling, performance, reliability and value.

RC Coupe- underpowered
435- Reliability issues with long term ownership/ I like the G's styling better
428- underpowered/ I like the G's styling better
S5- Expensive
A5- underpowered
C class coupe- current version is underpowered and forgettable.
All of the above are also lacking key features vs the G dollar for dollar

Some want to compare the Mustang... The Mustang is a Pony/ Muscle car... It's great for what it is. But it's not a luxury sports coupe. You can't even get a sunroof in it. The feel of it is lower grade than the G. It's a great car but I would only consider the halo versions. Otherwise when you pull up to an intersection you will see 4 other cars that look 90% like your car and they will have paid $10 to $15k less for it.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:15 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Some want to compare the Mustang... The Mustang is a Pony/ Muscle car... It's great for what it is. But it's not a luxury sports coupe. You can't even get a sunroof in it
... but you can get ventilated seats!

i was never comparing to the Mustang, just saying that Infiniti's luxury game isn't on point when a rattletrap pony car gets more luxurious amenities.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:27 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

i was never comparing to the Mustang, just saying that Infiniti's luxury game isn't on point when a rattletrap pony car gets more luxurious amenities.
It's interesting that the G37 Convertible do have ventilated seats. But I'm in Cali and have no need for the cooled seats.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:36 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by clutchfan
It's interesting that the G37 Convertible do have ventilated seats. But I'm in Cali and have no need for the cooled seats.
it makes no sense - it should be the other way around - coupe and sedan should get them.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:54 AM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 396 Likes on 239 Posts
I sat in the RC-F at the car show...very unimpressed. The interior was extremely uncomfortable and I could never get past that ugly @ss front end.

@Clutchfan...where in Cali are you? I am in Norcal and when the summer hits I could use some damn cool vented seats! LoL
On days like this:

Old 01-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Danmangto

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There is more to just features when comparing a car. The G coupe (Q coupe today) is better insulated/nicer car than the Mustang, Infiniti's warranty is longer and their cust. service is better, among other things. As said before, AWD makes the G coupe/ Q coupe today, a year round driver, where as first snowfall and the Mustang is terrible. Been there, done that. The way the prices have gone up on the Mustang, it comes close to the Infiniti price...
Old 01-30-2016, 08:56 AM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Agreed... IMHO there isn't a coupe in its class that offers the same balance of styling, performance, reliability and value.

RC Coupe- underpowered
435- Reliability issues with long term ownership/ I like the G's styling better
428- underpowered/ I like the G's styling better
S5- Expensive
A5- underpowered
C class coupe- current version is underpowered and forgettable.
All of the above are also lacking key features vs the G dollar for dollar

Some want to compare the Mustang... The Mustang is a Pony/ Muscle car... It's great for what it is. But it's not a luxury sports coupe. You can't even get a sunroof in it. The feel of it is lower grade than the G. It's a great car but I would only consider the halo versions. Otherwise when you pull up to an intersection you will see 4 other cars that look 90% like your car and they will have paid $10 to $15k less for it.
Yep, well said. Thats the issue with the Mustang..., HALO version.. but you can have the base $25k owner go up to the $50k+ GT500 owner and say, I have the same car as you. I heard that at a car show, the GT500 owner was annoyed, LOL! Not to mention Mustangs in my area are the camry/accord of coupes, they a dime a dozen. G coupes I see, but not that many. Today, you will see people compare the Mustang to the QC coupe, it's nearly almost in the same price range.. A GT V8 Premium is about same MSRP as a base AWD QC60.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Danmangto

Originally Posted by tag824
There are these things called winter tires, they do wonders for RWD cars in the snow. If you don't want to change out wheels twice a season I get that, but to say a RWD car is useless during certain times of the year...

Ask the people I saw stuck in their Mustangs and Camaros in this last winter storm in NY City how useful their RWD car was? Right? Get real.. No to mention they were causing traffic backups, because their cars couldn't make it up the hill, sitting their spinning sideways... All the AWD cars had no problem going around them, including myself.

I had a Rear drive only G37 Coupe before.. it was very terrible in the snow. Had to avoid hills in snow leaving work, etc. . my AWD night and day, totally different car.

Last edited by Danmangto; 01-30-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Danmangto

None of those cars you mentioned is a coupe, they are all 4 door mommy mobile/sedans except the Porsche, and the Porsche is a lot more $$. The all new Lexus RC 350 coupe is slower than the nearly 8 yr old G/QC coupe.

Ford Focus RS? Not even out yet.. That model is going to cost $36k+, too much for a Focus... Don't care what power it makes, still driving a Ford focus.
When your friends, ask, you paid how much for a Focus? LOL!

Wait for the all new QX60 400hp version which I'm sure will be the same or faster..

Last edited by Danmangto; 01-30-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

There is more to just features when comparing a car. The G coupe (Q coupe today) is better insulated/nicer car than the Mustang, Infiniti's warranty is longer and their cust. service is better, among other things. As said before, AWD makes the G coupe/ Q coupe today, a year round driver, where as first snowfall and the Mustang is terrible. Been there, done that. The way the prices have gone up on the Mustang, it comes close to the Infiniti price...
since you missed the point again, i repost what i said earlier:

"you're missing the point. Infiniti touts itself as a luxury brand, yet the lowly ponycar Mustang has more luxury features available. no, i dont want a Mustang."

What are those lots of cars that are as fast or faster than a Q60? 5.3 seconds and have all wheel drive. For one..the new Lexus Coupe 350 is slower 0-60 than an 7 yr old G37 coupe. LOL!
---------
None of those cars you mentioned is a coupe, they are all 4 door mommy mobile/sedans except the Porsche, and the Porsche is a lot more $$
you never said anything about a coupe, you said, "5.3 seconds and have all wheel drive".

if you're making comparisons to a 7 yr old G37 coupe, there's no reason a used Porsche in the same price range cannot be considered.

Ford Focus RS? Not even out yet.. That model is going to cost $36k+, too much for a Focus... Don't care what power it makes, still driving a Ford focus.
When your friends, ask, you paid how much for a Focus? LOL!

Wait for the all new QX60 400hp version which I'm sure will be the same or faster..
now you're just cork-sniffing. the Focus RS is going to be an amazing car, but not for me - i hate hatchbacks.
$36k is not out of line for a performance model. see Evo (Lancer), STI (Impreza), and G37 (Altima ).

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit