Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:04 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Yeah, that's messed up, especially AWD taking 5 seconds.
Why would you think AWD will be faster? It's not a GTR AWD implementation so it only adds more mechanical linkage and weight as far as acceleration goes. Maybe if you broke the tires loose on start up but that can be avoided.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 01-24-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:26 PM
ThebigJ
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
AWD is almost always faster to 60 since it gives much better traction on take offs. You are putting the power on front wheels too, so without losing traction you can put more power.

Besides what is the point of 400hp if you won't be faster than a 268hp subaru wrx...
The following users liked this post:
P Casey (01-23-2016)
Old 01-23-2016, 09:35 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ
AWD is almost always faster to 60 since it gives much better traction on take offs. You are putting the power on front wheels too, so without losing traction you can put more power.

Besides what is the point of 400hp if you won't be faster than a 268hp subaru wrx...
Thank you
Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
You guys really think Infiniti is going to bring back the "IPL version". Which they trashed and replaced with a "limited version"?
I'm amazed by people wanting the IPL. Infiniti has been out of the game for years, the IPL was an embarrassment. Many enthuiast left the G37 because they weren't keeping up and then the Q50 came out, which was underwhelming.

Let's have the Q60 come out first and see how everything gels, transmission, turbo, brakes, look of the car, suspension, etc. I see the excitement but some of the comments are somewhat unreasonable, I'm all for Infiniti hitting a home run but they haven't done much if anything for almost 10 years. While their competitors have already created performance lines, upgraded engines, established a new look, etc.

It will be interesting but that video that was posted was tough to watch. I remember threads on the hybrid version of the Q50 and people saying how fast it will be, you can go back & look at them. That quickly ended after it came out.

A 400 HP TT car that's AWD should be extremely fast 0-60,people thinking different are wrong. The coupe could possibly be slower, just like the new M3 vs M4.

Needless to say I'm excited but just don't want to be let down.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:10 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I'm amazed by people wanting the IPL. Infiniti has been out of the game for years, the IPL was an embarrassment. Many enthuiast left the G37 because they weren't keeping up and then the Q50 came out, which was underwhelming.

Let's have the Q60 come out first and see how everything gels, transmission, turbo, brakes, look of the car, suspension, etc. I see the excitement but some of the comments are somewhat unreasonable, I'm all for Infiniti hitting a home run but they haven't done much if anything for almost 10 years. While their competitors have already created performance lines, upgraded engines, established a new look, etc.

It will be interesting but that video that was posted was tough to watch. I remember threads on the hybrid version of the Q50 and people saying how fast it will be, you can go back & look at them. That quickly ended after it came out.

A 400 HP TT car that's AWD should be extremely fast 0-60,people thinking different are wrong. The coupe could possibly be slower, just like the new M3 vs M4.

There are tons of options. So no matter what, consumers win.
P Casey (01-23-2016)
Old 01-23-2016, 10:29 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
The more I look at videos of the car and the more I think of what an IPL would look like the more I want it. Not having any figures or idea when the IPL will come out is going to make for a long start of the year.
I would think they would give it a more aggressive front end treatment, different spoiler, and of course some upgraded suspension parts. I honestly wouldn't take much to make an IPL version and compete with the AMG, M, F, RS divisions. Just increase hp and torque by 50 each and it will be a serious competitor. This new engine being so tuneable make it less costly to make an upgraded version, which is why I think the previous wasn't really that great as it would have been too costly to get the engine where it needed to be in order to compete. So this new engine fixes that problem.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:17 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I see where you're coming from and I'm just as skeptical as you. The only reason I'm optimistic is that for the first time Infiniti is actually trying. The Q60 is a looker, inside and out. The engine options increment up (for the most part) by 100hp. If you would have told me that last month I would have never believed it. They've made it pretty clear they are gunning for the German market and focused on BMW in particular. It makes sense to have a competitor to the M4. BMW's ///M sales have been blowing up, they are selling more ///M cars than they ever have before. That was part of the reason they decided to make an M2. Inifniti would be crazy not to come out with an IPL model. If not for sales for the brand itself.
P Casey (01-23-2016)
Old 01-23-2016, 11:20 PM
tag824

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I would think they would give it a more aggressive front end treatment, different spoiler, and of course some upgraded suspension parts. I honestly wouldn't take much to make an IPL version and compete with the AMG, M, F, RS divisions. Just increase hp and torque by 50 each and it will be a serious competitor. This new engine being so tuneable make it less costly to make an upgraded version, which is why I think the previous wasn't really that great as it would have been too costly to get the engine where it needed to be in order to compete. So this new engine fixes that problem.
I would expect it to also be lighter, stiffer, have better brakes and a DCT. At least that's what I see in my dreams.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:13 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ACoupe
That's a bit of hyperbole, no? A significant gap would denote a leap from Chevy Cavalier-to-MB level of interior. That's simply not true. And while Audi and Lexus have very nice interiors (I've not been in a Mercedes yet, even at car shows), they don't leave me stunned. With each generation, Infiniti improves things inside their vehicles, so I don't see it as some huge gap between those three brands.
Infiniti no doubt has stepped their game up significantly but I stand by my statement. Go push on the center console in an Audi or on the dash in a Lexus and then do the same in your Q50. Which one creaks? The materials are simply better in Lexus, Audi and MB. That's my personal experience as I've cross shopped those brands recently.

Last edited by blackfunk; 01-24-2016 at 12:27 AM.
P Casey (01-24-2016)
Old 01-24-2016, 12:47 AM
300ZXTT
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
You guys really think Infiniti is going to bring back the "IPL version". Which they trashed and replaced with a "limited version"?
I don't think they will. As you mentioned, they ditched the IPL for the Q60S Limited. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the IPL was not well received by many and didn't sell many units. I love mine! I believe the 400hp Q60 is their version of the IPL, since it's an ECU re-tuning of the 300hp version. Most all of the IPL hp and torque gains were in the re-tuning of the ECU. One would have to believe Infiniti 'saved' some additional tuning leeway, say 50hp give or take, for a Q60 IPL version. Possible, I suppose. Thing is, for roughly $2,500.00, intake and exhaust upgrades alone should net around 50hp on the 400hp Q60. Not sure how many would pay a premium for an IPL version?
Old 01-24-2016, 12:56 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tag824
I would expect it to also be lighter, stiffer, have better brakes and a DCT. At least that's what I see in my dreams.
Lol, join the club. I do believe that they are most likely working on some kind of DCT for future use in their cars. Especially considering that BMW, Merc, and Audi all do. Most likely its not ready yet and I could see it being offered in a year or two.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:24 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm pretty confident in saying no DCT is expected. Audi killed the DCT in the B9 S4 and BMW and MB offer their DCT in higher end cars that Infiniti does not have. In order to get 'more' out of this engine they're gonna have to go forged internals, e-diff, and bigger brakes.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:19 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
What if pricing was like this? Got it from the Q50 forum.
Attached Thumbnails Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit-screenshot_20160124-131707.png  
Old 01-24-2016, 03:06 PM
TheoQ60

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So the Infin rep mentioned 4.5s 0-60, for the 400HP Q50 AWD . So based on previous Infin AWD Vs RWD 0-60s, am I right to think 4.2s 0-60 for the 400HP Q50 RWD?

The Q60 should have similar #s, and those #s are fine with me. Some of you guys sound like you want GTR figures
Old 01-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by TheoQ60
So the Infin rep mentioned 4.5s 0-60, for the 400HP Q50 AWD . So based on previous Infin AWD Vs RWD 0-60s, am I right to think 4.2s 0-60 for the 400HP Q50 RWD.
Evo gets that 0-60 with a 4cyl with 100 less hp at 3600lbs.

either the stock turbos are small, or the Q60 is s fat pig.

... or maybe it has tall gearing?

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit