Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 09:46 PM
300ZXTT
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
But the 4 series is a new model.

The Q60 is the same old design from 2007. 8 year old CAR!

How did the G37 do in it's first year or 2 release?
You're correct, the 'long-in-the-tooth' explanation is legit.
And I sure hope the new Q60 will keep the coupe alive...
Old 01-21-2016, 09:54 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Unless the car is very late model, low mileage that they get for a good price, dealerships send trade ins to auction. That's why you won't get much for them. What I'm saying is that they're better equipped to know if something is wrong than the average buyer. I bet you probably got low-balled like a **** on your mom's oil leaking Mercedes. They gave you a few bucks trade in (not its market value) to get you to buy a car from them. dealerships seldom lose money on trade ins. People who think they got a great price at a dealership don't know that they got screwed on the price of new car they just bought.
They tried low balling but we eventually got close to $2k. Car wasn't worth much it was a 96 or 97 e320. Say I trade in a 06 g35 coupe. They will fully Inspect it before taking the trade andreselling it?
Old 01-21-2016, 10:05 PM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by 300ZXTT
You're correct, the 'long-in-the-tooth' explanation is legit.
And I sure hope the new Q60 will keep the coupe alive...
The G35 coupe had the "it factor" plus it was priced at a bracket just below any of it competitors.

The G37 was "alright". Has a nicer front end, but everything else was a lil too bubbly. Priced a bit higher. Didn't do as good as the G35.

The "New" Q60 is also "alright". Only good thing are maybe the performance aspect. A lot would had to do with how Infiniti markets this and the price.

People are already jumping ship to BMW.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Most reputable dealers recondition cars and resell them. There is always a buyer for a car. The reason you don't get what you think your car is worth comes down to a few things. Look below for some examples.

Also, techs get paid one way or another. If a car is under warranty and that job can be knocked out under the time it pays, the tech will do the job as he gets paid for it. Most techs can knock things out quicker than advised.

A) your a slob and don't take care of your car and the number you are shown reflects that.

B) your vehicle is a dime a dozen and you are offered market value (based on what your vehicle can be bought for and sold via auction, previous transactions, area value, ect)

C) you want book value but you fail to understand the "book" ie, clean trade for rough trade, private party sale price mistaken for trade, you want retail for trade,

D) you have no negotiation skills what so ever and arnt patience enough

E) you ran into a real sales man or some one with better negotiation skills than you

F) you believe everything on the internet, kbb, what joejdm got for his Civic, truecar, readers digest ect.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. I think the 400hp q60 will be very competitively priced and perform exceptionally well compared to its rivals. And after driving the q50 400 hp and analyzing everything, I think the 400 red sport slots well above the s4/s5, AMG Sport, Vsport, M Sport, F Sport, and closer to the RS, AMG, M, F, V but will leave room for when Infiniti brings out the big guns. It's going to be a matter of when, not if.

I think pricing will be very respectful and bang for your buck.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:32 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Most reputable dealers recondition cars and resell them. There is always a buyer for a car. The reason you don't get what you think your car is worth comes down to a few things. Look below for some examples.

Also, techs get paid one way or another. If a car is under warranty and that job can be knocked out under the time it pays, the tech will do the job as he gets paid for it. Most techs can knock things out quicker than advised.

A) your a slob and don't take care of your car and the number you are shown reflects that.

B) your vehicle is a dime a dozen and you are offered market value (based on what your vehicle can be bought for and sold via auction, previous transactions, area value, ect)

C) you want book value but you fail to understand the "book" ie, clean trade for rough trade, private party sale price mistaken for trade, you want retail for trade,

E) you ran into a real sales man or some one with better negotiation skills than you

F) you believe everything on the internet, kbb, what joejdm got for his Civic, truecar, readers digest ect.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. I think the 400hp q60 will be very competitively priced and perform exceptionally well compared to its rivals. And after driving the q50 400 hp and analyzing everything, I think the 400 red sport slots well above the s4/s5, AMG Sport, Vsport, M Sport, F Sport, and closer to the RS, AMG, M, F, V but will leave room for when Infiniti brings out the big guns. It's going to be a matter of when, not if.

Agreed! I stated earlier that the red sport versions are splitting the difference between the AMG, RS, F, and M cars, which I understand why they did it. So this big gun you speak of, is it the IPL version and if so do you have any tidbits you can share?
Old 01-21-2016, 11:41 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
The Red S q50 is a blast to drive. The coupe should be a bit better.
Have you driven the Red S Q50 yet??
Old 01-21-2016, 11:56 PM
eljoker

The groundwork is there for a faster and quicker version. They just have to follow up with it and that will be determined by how this new red sport sells along with the 2.0t.

And the red sport is fun to drive in sedan trim.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:43 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
People are already jumping ship to BMW.
I have always liked BMW exterior styling, handling, and performance...but i REALLY dislike the BMW interior across the board...its just so plain and boring. You can mod the exterior to your liking, but there's only so much that you can do with the interior. That's what's kept me from getting one
Old 01-22-2016, 07:52 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
The groundwork is there for a faster and quicker version. They just have to follow up with it and that will be determined by how this new red sport sells along with the 2.0t.

And the red sport is fun to drive in sedan trim.
Yes as soon as I saw the new engine and specs, I knew that an IPL version would be so easy to produce as the engine is very tuneable and they would just need to tweak it and upgrade some suspension parts and maybe add some different exterior parts to differentiate it!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:18 AM
ACoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "New" Q60 is also "alright". Only good thing are maybe the performance aspect. A lot would had to do with how Infiniti markets this and the price.
There's more, IMO, to like with this new design than simply the performance...
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by nisslover
My guess on the pricing...

$37-38k... Q60 2.0 = There's no 420i so... pure guess here
$41k-42k... Q60 3.0 300 = 428i... Starts @ $42k
$47k-49k... Q60 3.0 400 = 435i... Starts @ $49k

I am guessing a fully loaded top spec Q60 will go for $61-62k.

Overall I think Infiniti is going to take the approach of either slightly undercutting the competition or offering more power for the same price. The 435i has "300hp" on paper, but everyone knows it's underrated, so I think the 3.0 400 is actually aimed to be a slightly faster competitor to the 435i. As far as the current Q60 S Limited starting at $49k, that's fully loaded and the max price. The new 3.0 400 could start from there with no options.
The 400 hp will be 60k when equipped properly. They have the option of selling it fully loaded or selling it as a base. If they do the latter then it could start mid 50's. I'll come back to this thread when pricing comes out, but to get a well equipped 400hp coupe it's going to cost you. The cost will be 60k+.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
I'll come back to this thread when pricing comes out, but to get a well equipped 400hp coupe it's going to cost you. The cost will be 60k+.
At that price, I'm looking at used 911 Turbos. Hopefully the price drops like an anchor on one that's a year or two old.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:42 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Dem b fighting words there my friend. You actually seriously have me wanting the drive one now.

I would be in a Q50 now if it wasn't for the douche bag sales guy who tried to get me to bite for a semi loaded Q50 for $549/month with 5k down lease. Mind you I've purchased brand new cars from them before so he knew I was serious. I just laughed and left.

Though Infiniti may offer more value but similar performance they can't do it for same or even similar money. Brand cache does play a role and there is a pecking order. Lexus, Audi and MB have significantly better interiors. All of the above and including BMW have better transmissions Lexus has a better chassis and Audi has Quattro. If infiniti wants to steal sales from these guys the only place really to do it is on price.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:57 AM
ACoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackfunk
Lexus, Audi and MB have significantly better interiors.
That's a bit of hyperbole, no? A significant gap would denote a leap from Chevy Cavalier-to-MB level of interior. That's simply not true. And while Audi and Lexus have very nice interiors (I've not been in a Mercedes yet, even at car shows), they don't leave me stunned. With each generation, Infiniti improves things inside their vehicles, so I don't see it as some huge gap between those three brands.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:09 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by blackfunk
Dem b fighting words there my friend. You actually seriously have me wanting the drive one now.

I would be in a Q50 now if it wasn't for the douche bag sales guy who tried to get me to bite for a semi loaded Q50 for $549/month with 5k down lease. Mind you I've purchased brand new cars from them before so he knew I was serious. I just laughed and left.

Though Infiniti may offer more value but similar performance they can't do it for same or even similar money. Brand cache does play a role and there is a pecking order. Lexus, Audi and MB have significantly better interiors. All of the above and including BMW have better transmissions Lexus has a better chassis and Audi has Quattro. If infiniti wants to steal sales from these guys the only place really to do it is on price.
Yes you are correct. The only advantage they have is price right now. They have alot if former BMW, Audi and Benz guys in power positions thru out the brand now. It's going to be years before they get the interiors, transmissions and chassis up to par so focus on offering bang for the buck. The good thing is that inifniti has been increasing its sales year over year. With new models and revisions to current models, that will only help.

Damn $549 for a semi loaded q50 lease with 5 k down? A good deal is all about perception. If he was a douche that's a horrible deal. If he treated you like royalty you probaly would of inked up.
Well maybe not you but most would.

For the record, that seemed like a bad deal either way but hope you see where I'm coming from.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit