Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 10:58 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Nice! Okay it looks great in motion

A clip of the reveal

Infiniti Q60 Sports Coupe Reveal at 2016 NAIAS Detroit | AutoMotoTV - YouTube
Definitely! The new Q60 looks good in motion and sitting still and that's not an easy thing to do, lol. The extra wait was worth it and glad they didn't rush it out to stay on a certain cycle.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:19 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by clutchfan
For about 70k, you can get a Lotus. Cousin just bought one. 6mt. Hella flashy though. I want something less flashy.
Two words ... Lucas Electric ... yeah, a Lotus is such a reliable alternative to an Infiniti. Cracks me up reading through all these posts, no MT so that sucks, I'm getting a BWM, a Mercedes, an Audi, a Jag, etc. I'll wave to you as you go by on top of a flatbed.
The following 3 users liked this post by 2008G-Man:
Black Betty (01-13-2016), InfinitiFreak (01-13-2016), twin_snails (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 01:27 AM
User 122320
Registered Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Two words ... Lucas Electric ... yeah, a Lotus is such a reliable alternative to an Infiniti. Cracks me up reading through all these posts, no MT so that sucks, I'm getting a BWM, a Mercedes, an Audi, a Jag, etc. I'll wave to you as you go by on top of a flatbed.
Have you ever own an Infiniti? I owned a G35 (bought new) for 6 years. Let's just say thank goodness I bought extended warranty.

I now own a 2015 Q60 (MT) and that slave died in 2800 miles.

And what makes you think this new car, with a brand new never tested engine is any more reliable than a turbo BMW? And now is has more tech slapped onto it. Imagine how many more problems it can have. (Q50 has as few). 2 recalls for the DAS, lost of steering in cold weather! Don't forget the intouch issues etc etc. Lane departure self steering crap making the car wobble. lol

Basically, all cars have issues. Add a turbo and a bunch of tech. You'll bound to have more.

Turbo with a non DCT tranny? If you think the problem with the GT-R DCT tranny were bad, imagine if Inifiti is using the CVT...
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 08:17 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Have you ever own an Infiniti? I owned a G35 (bought new) for 6 years. Let's just say thank goodness I bought extended warranty.

And what makes you think this new car, with a brand new never tested engine is any more reliable than a turbo BMW? And now is has more tech slapped onto it. Imagine how many more problems it can have. (Q50 has as few). 2 recalls for the DAS, lost of steering in cold weather! Don't forget the intouch issues etc etc. Lane departure self steering crap making the car wobble. lol

Basically, all cars have issues. Add a turbo and a bunch of tech. You'll bound to have more.

Turbo with a non DCT tranny? If you think the problem with the GT-R DCT tranny were bad, imagine if Inifiti is using the CVT...
vbx, yes I have owned 3 Infiniti's.

My 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT was flawless. Literally not a single issue, only taken to the dealer for my free maintenance.

My 2012 G37 Sedan 6MT only went to the dealer for the slave cylinder at 11,000 miles. Aside from that, completely flawless.

My current 2014 6MT coupe has 25,000 miles on it and not a single issue ever. Only been to the dealer for scheduled maintenance.

Just because you had a terrible experience with the Q50, doesnt mean everyone experienced the same problems as you.

Nissan/Infiniti makes very solid cars. This new Q60 will be a very solid car, they took their sweet a.ss time with it.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:26 AM
ACoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Example? New Camaro ss , weights LESS (mid 3600) and it has an amazing V8 that has more torque across the whole powerband.
I loath Camaros, but the new one is certainly fast. But that's what happens when you put a Corvette engine into it, and use a Cadillac ATS chassis. I feel that's a bit of a cheat, but I'm funny like that.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts

I had my 2009 nissan altima for 40k miles and no problems. I have a 2008 G37 with 108k miles and only changed the right catalytic converter at 65k miles. everything else has just been maintenance. all car makes and models will have some sort of problem but so far the reliability on my G has not let me down.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
My 2012 G37 Sedan 6MT only went to the dealer for the slave cylinder at 11,000 miles.
And my CSC blew out in my 2011 at 18,000 miles. This is nuts, now many people here on the forum have experienced this problem.

At least with a slushbox, you don't have to worry about an inevitable 6MT design flaw that Nissan doesn't seem interested in fixing. Thank goodness for the RJM Clutch Pedal Assembly.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:52 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ThebigJ
400hp will be more than enough for sporty driving.

Yet your claim about the power to weight ratio is wrong, for a car weighting 3700-3800 pounds actually there are plenty of v8' around these days.

Example? New Camaro ss , weights LESS (mid 3600) and it has an amazing V8 that has more torque across the whole powerband.

400hp is actually pushing a 3 liter TT engine, you can get much more HOWEVER it will reduce its lifespan drastically.

Oh well it is good that we have so many choices today...
Not sure how many people cross shop a Camaro with a Q60 and that Camaro is brand spanking new. I'm talking specifically about luxury coupes - so I maintain in the class they pretty much all weigh about the same with the ATS being the lightest but also the least roomy.

Originally Posted by eljoker
i dont care so much about the horsepower but rather the torque. That is really going to make a difference. The G35 sedan (07-08) was 305 hp and 260ish TQ, the G37 was 328hp and 267 (i might not be 100% accurate on those figures). How much faster is the G37 over the G35? Also the power curve is a big deal.
Torque us where its at. That area under the curve is where most everyone does their day to day driving 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear pulls are where this engine will shine through. I'm with you on this HP is over rated.

Originally Posted by 300ZXTT
Yeah, I do. What is your point? I never said the Q60 was under powered. Simply that the extra ponies are nice to have to move a 3,700 lb. car. And with two turbos, extracting more power is/should be relatively easy, making the car even more fun! The highlight of this car should be the new engine, IMO. And for the record, I make do with 348hp, I own an IPL.
I can speak for myself, coming from a cars with 330hp -> 414hp ->400hp -> to current 333hp. I've been satisfied with the G37, it weighed less than my M3, S4 and X6 5.0 but it always felt more than fast enough. It was hands down the best driving tool(street only) for me. M3 needed to be rev'd too high for real street action. X6 well that was a tank and slow off the line but once it started going that 400lb/ft made it seem like it was flying. S4 feels significantly faster than the G but the HP is about the same (could be that the engine is under rated from Audi). Not sure what the S4 weighs but I'm positive its north of 3900lbs and if that's fast enough then 400hp is all that I need with 350lb/ft.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:55 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Well Duh.... yes I own a '08 coupe and '12 M37x, both cars have been wonderful. I even owned British (Sterling ... Honda motor/tranny with Austin Rover rest of car). Sure, all cars can have issues but I'll take my odds with Japanese over British & German. Don't get me wrong, I love the styling of the German cars and if buying with my heart instead of my head I would get one in a heart beat. I have lived through owning a car that has had constant issues, always running back to the dealer, the hassles, etc. So now I buy with my head and not my heart, unless I win the lottery tonight.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 01-13-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ACoupe
I loath Camaros, but the new one is certainly fast. But that's what happens when you put a Corvette engine into it, and use a Cadillac ATS chassis. I feel that's a bit of a cheat, but I'm funny like that.
The new Camaro is fast, but the interior is very cramped, visibility from inside is better than the last model but still bad, and there is virtually no storage space inside.

Apples to oranges. If someone is shopping a Q60 or other luxury coupes, the Camaro would probably not be on their list of options.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:19 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
The new Camaro is fast, but the interior is very cramped, visibility from inside is better than the last model but still bad, and there is virtually no storage space inside.

Apples to oranges. If someone is shopping a Q60 or other luxury coupes, the Camaro would probably not be on their list of options.
I would buy a Mustang 10x over before a Camaro, and I just cant see myself driving a Mustang.

No one shopping for a luxury car is going to cross-shop a Q60 with a Camaro.

The car is just hideous lol
Old 01-13-2016, 02:52 PM
krazyfiend
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
Indiana residents would surprise you then. It becomes a bang for the buck argument when they start rattling off stats they can garner for $42k (SS). By far and large, the stigma about domestic is not a prevalent one around these parts-- amenities come with a bowtie, that's still 'luxury' to them even if not see as that by the general public.

Mind you, I completely agree with your sentiments about it though and I've given up on trying to explain the differentiation to others.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:10 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I would buy a Mustang 10x over before a Camaro, and I just cant see myself driving a Mustang.

The car is just hideous lol
So are you but you've been cross shopped before, right? LOL, just kidding man but I am one who has and would cross shop both cars (well ,not anymore since they don't offer manual in the q60) so yeah, not totally unfounded.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:22 PM
ACoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the new Mustang. It stops me in my tracks whenever I see it. And while it's not a luxury vehicle, it's come a long way and after I'm out of the QX50, it's going to be a real interesting time for me in choosing a new vehicle. The Mustang is definitely on the list. The GT350 is another one on the list, though a long shot simply because I'd want a winter vehicle as well, and financially, that's not happening right now.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:44 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
I'm happy with my supercharged G, but the eye opening thing is that modern Camaros and Mustangs are right where my G is - but straight from the factory...with a warranty!

When I'm done with the G in a few years, I'm going to take a good hard look at the Camaros and Mustangs on the used market. Especially since this Q doesn't come with a manual. That's a deal breaker for me.

Quick Reply: Q60 Final Teaser - Revealed in Detroit