Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

~~~g37 ipl~~~2013~~~

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Whowe Win

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~~~g37 ipl~~~2013~~~

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I am wondering if this is a good price on this use 2013 g37 ipl. Also, its carfax says "corporate owned", so I am just curious if that is a bad or a good thing.

Used 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe For Sale | San Rafael CA JN1CV6EKXDM920182
Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM
SON415

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly I think it's slightly overpriced I just bought a 2012 coupe with 18k listed at 32995 got it down to 31,700, and it's white on black 6spd(supposedly rare) but the one your looking at is a 2013... 1 year 30 thousand miles ? A lot of driving man
Old 09-03-2014, 12:59 AM
MurdaManolo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'de be careful with those vehicles listed as corporate owned. Most of the time those vehicles were part of a rental fleet for say hertz, enterprise or some car rental comp etc. I interned for enterprise rent a car in college and let me tell you from personal experience. Every time the rentals came back crashed and were fixed by body shops. Those crash/repair reports never made it onto carfax. IMO I'd stay away from former rentals. There like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get
Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Whowe Win

dang it, i was really looking forward to getting this one too, but from wat u guys are saying this sounds like this car is a no no then huh? and is there anyway for me to find out if it was a rental car? thnx guys
Old 09-03-2014, 05:50 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Why don't you get the car inspected by a 3rd party garage. If the inspection comes out Ok, you can offer the seller a price and see if they agree.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:36 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Typically former rentals list as "fleet/lease" in carfax. Corporate owned is just that. Could be anywhere from a self-employed dude who bought it for tax incentives to a Fortune 500 company who purchased it for an employee to use. My company owns dozens of cars. This one has a Stillen intake and tires replaced with Hankook, so certainly not a Hertz rental, LOL...

Anyway, to answer your question: Yes, its overpriced. By about $2600 according to cargurus.com ... $30K OTD would be a good deal. +1 for what Presto said.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't see IPL's being rental cars...I never saw one anyway...
Old 09-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Whowe Win

Originally Posted by Presto
Why don't you get the car inspected by a 3rd party garage. If the inspection comes out Ok, you can offer the seller a price and see if they agree.
The problem is that this car is almost an hour from where i live. Not sure how the dealer is going to react when i ask this.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Whowe Win

Originally Posted by GAWD
Typically former rentals list as "fleet/lease" in carfax. Corporate owned is just that. Could be anywhere from a self-employed dude who bought it for tax incentives to a Fortune 500 company who purchased it for an employee to use. My company owns dozens of cars. This one has a Stillen intake and tires replaced with Hankook, so certainly not a Hertz rental, LOL...

Anyway, to answer your question: Yes, its overpriced. By about $2600 according to cargurus.com ... $30K OTD would be a good deal. +1 for what Presto said.
Yea, the car is also debadged. I doubt a rental company would do that to the car. Also, 30k otd seems like a good price, but i dont know how to haggle. Any pointer for me bud?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
All you can do is try .... offer a little lower than what you are wiling to pay (this allows you some room when they counter). Provide them stats on what book value is, etc and don't be afraid to walk away. Offer them $28,500 OTD if they counter with something higher than 30k OTD then say, sorry, 30K OTD the door is all I'm willing to offer so it's up to you if you want to loose a sale.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Whowe Win

thnx guys. I appreciate the help. I did some more internet browsing and found a 2011 g37s 6mt with 32k mileage going for 29500. So i wonder which car is more bang for the bucks.

2011 Infiniti G37S Sport Coupe 6MT 6-Speed Manual with Navigation & Aero Packages! Fremont, California | Carsmith Motors
Old 09-03-2014, 08:13 PM
VeXeD

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MurdaManolo
I'de be careful with those vehicles listed as corporate owned. Most of the time those vehicles were part of a rental fleet for say hertz, enterprise or some car rental comp etc. I interned for enterprise rent a car in college and let me tell you from personal experience. Every time the rentals came back crashed and were fixed by body shops. Those crash/repair reports never made it onto carfax. IMO I'd stay away from former rentals. There like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get
Previous rental = beat on by everybody (ive even done so)... Personally, i bought mine from Carmax...looked at carfax....it was a lease vehicle and it was local. Lol, even had your goldie oldies saved in the comp. Damn spotless everywhere. My brother inlaw has worked for Carfax, each is its own animal on how it handles problem cars.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Whowe Win
but i dont know how to haggle. Any pointer for me bud?
Have a strategy....are you trading in a car? What is the trade-in value? Used cars are tough because you don't know what the dealer has in it. They might not have much room on the used car, but might on a trade.

Paying cash? I've never paid cash for a car, but if you are, I would leverage that.

Have something to support why you think $30 OTD is a reasonable price. Some sort of reference for value. You can always move up in negotiating....

I'd play up the whole "corporate owned" thing, as well as that i really want/they are more desirable in a 6MT (they probably aren't)

Originally Posted by Whowe Win
thnx guys. I appreciate the help. I did some more internet browsing and found a 2011 g37s 6mt with 32k mileage going for 29500. So i wonder which car is more bang for the bucks.

2011 Infiniti G37S Sport Coupe 6MT 6-Speed Manual with Navigation & Aero Packages! Fremont, California | Carsmith Motors
Speaking of the 6MT....I'd get the 6MT and put any savings into mods
Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 AM
MurdaManolo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
If that is the car you want i would have it looked at by a third-Party.
My buddy manages the Enterprise exotics division out here in the sfv and g37xs and IPLs are part of their fleet. It could be a former rental, It could be a small company lease. I would just thread lightly. if you have patience you will get a sic ride.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Whowe Win

Originally Posted by MurdaManolo
If that is the car you want i would have it looked at by a third-Party.
My buddy manages the Enterprise exotics division out here in the sfv and g37xs and IPLs are part of their fleet. It could be a former rental, It could be a small company lease. I would just thread lightly. if you have patience you will get a sic ride.
Where do i go to find a professionally third party inspection, the last thing i want is to get some whack job on craiglist or on local ads to inspect the car for me

Quick Reply: ~~~g37 ipl~~~2013~~~