Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question for Meisterschaft Exhaust Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Question for Meisterschaft Exhaust Owners

I've been looking for exhausts recently and I think I've decided on the Mesiterschaft axle-back (stainless). But i have a few concerns. I DD my car and I leave my house at about 6 AM and I'm afraid of waking my neighbors.

So here are my questions:

1. If I keep my RPMs down and don't go too fast, how quiet is the exhaust? Is it manageable?

2. I'm also concerned about attracting attention from cops. How is it on the highway? I'm thinking 6th gear, 2000 RPMs, is it still loud?

3. Can you hold a conversation when driving around regularly? I usually have passengers in the car.

I just need an exhaust that's quiet around town but crazy when I want it to be. Also, if anyone has a video of the exhaust when driving around regularly, that would be great. All the videos on youtube are high-revving or WOT pulls. If you have a video or a link that shows what it's like during normal driving I'd really appreciate that. Thanks
Old 07-29-2014, 02:54 AM
deadlocked

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My buddy down my street has the full cat back, trust me it'll wake your neighbors up at 6 AM lol whenever he turns onto my street I can hear him coming. It'll get even louder as it gets colder in these coming months but once it's warmed up it quiets downs abit you can still hear the rumble though lol. And you can definitely hold a conversation no problem, 6th gear it's sort of quiet depending on how hard you're on the gas the cops will notice it
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Thirty_Seven

Ok thanks. I'm starting to think it'll be a little too loud. I just want to be able to get to work and school in the morning without my neighbors freaking out. I figured if I shifted quickly and kept the RPMs low that I'd be able to get away with it, but I'm starting to think otherwise.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Just go ARK exhaust and dont look back.

Its EASILY the best sounding setup by far.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:33 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
If you bolt on the Meisterschaft AB to the stock Y pipe set up you will get absolutely no performance gains, you can either get a true dual mid pipe or look at the IPL mid pipe. Also look at replacing your Cats with either HFC or ART TP that is were our exhaust is restricted. The Meisterschaft system is very unique in its own way, if you are off the gas or cruising around 2000-2500 the system sounds just a tad bit higher than the stock exhaust no drone no rasp. If you punch it the exhausts wakes up, this also occurs during cold start when the engine runs a but richer and higher RPMs. Go for it you wont be disappointed. The exhaust systems have been toned down over the years because most of the 95% of drivers will never mod their cars and the first thing they complained about with the G35 was the NVH. Nissan has done a lot with insulating and deadening the trunk so again you should be pretty happy with the exhaust.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by chilibowl
Just go ARK exhaust and dont look back.

Its EASILY the best sounding setup by far.
I was looking at it but I wanted something louder when you're really on the gas. I'm still considering it.

Originally Posted by unknowndesi
If you bolt on the Meisterschaft AB to the stock Y pipe set up you will get absolutely no performance gains, you can either get a true dual mid pipe or look at the IPL mid pipe. Also look at replacing your Cats with either HFC or ART TP that is were our exhaust is restricted. The Meisterschaft system is very unique in its own way, if you are off the gas or cruising around 2000-2500 the system sounds just a tad bit higher than the stock exhaust no drone no rasp. If you punch it the exhausts wakes up, this also occurs during cold start when the engine runs a but richer and higher RPMs. Go for it you wont be disappointed. The exhaust systems have been toned down over the years because most of the 95% of drivers will never mod their cars and the first thing they complained about with the G35 was the NVH. Nissan has done a lot with insulating and deadening the trunk so again you should be pretty happy with the exhaust.
That makes me feel a little more comfortable. I was gonna start with the axleback and get HFCs after a little while. I just want something good for cruising and loud when I want it to be.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:35 AM
deadlocked

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you should look into getting the Motordyne e370 that exhaust is a little more toned down compared to the GTHAUS, also half the price for the full exhaust.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
I agree with the recommendations of Motordyne, and would like to add Fast Intentions in to consideration. Let's put it this way, no one ever got a Meisterschaft because they wanted to be subtle, ever.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:35 AM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by deadlocked
I think you should look into getting the Motordyne e370 that exhaust is a little more toned down compared to the GTHAUS, also half the price for the full exhaust.
I was looking at it but I'm not sure if I like the sound or not. I really want to hear one in person.

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
I agree with the recommendations of Motordyne, and would like to add Fast Intentions in to consideration. Let's put it this way, no one ever got a Meisterschaft because they wanted to be subtle, ever.
I've looked into both. I've heard fast intentions has tons of drone that becomes unbearable so that kind of steered me away. I want to hear the Motordyne in person because in videos I'm not sure if I like the sound.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Originally Posted by Thirty_Seven
I was looking at it but I'm not sure if I like the sound or not. I really want to hear one in person.

I've looked into both. I've heard fast intentions has tons of drone that becomes unbearable so that kind of steered me away. I want to hear the Motordyne in person because in videos I'm not sure if I like the sound.
I have fast intentions, I've paired it with Fast Intentions HFC's, and most recently, Nvidia test pipes. I didn't experience any drone with either setup. It's noticeable at cruising speed, but I think that is endemic to any aftermarket setup once you reach a certain volume.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Thirty_Seven

I have fast intentions, I've paired it with Fast Intentions HFC's, and most recently, Nvidia test pipes. I didn't experience any drone with either setup. It's noticeable at cruising speed, but I think that is endemic to any aftermarket setup once you reach a certain volume.
Is your set-up resonated?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Is your set-up resonated?
Minimally, neither the test pipes, nor the high flow cats were resonated. My catback has the 12" resonators.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Thirty_Seven

Minimally, neither the test pipes, nor the high flow cats were resonated. My catback has the 12" resonators.
Hmm, you're seriously making me reconsider. Is it quiet at low RPMs?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
My full exhaust is dead silent if I am cruising and not on the gas. Even with my SC under 3K it has a deep/throaty tone. I am sure you will enjoy it High RPMS is very nice.

Check this out as I pieced everything together.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...und-clips.html
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Hmm, you're seriously making me reconsider. Is it quiet at low RPMs?
When I start it in the morning and it cold idles and warms up, it is quite loud. If the car is warm and you start it normally, then it has a nice reassuring rumble, and is pretty manageable if you stay out of the throttle.

Quick Reply: Question for Meisterschaft Exhaust Owners