Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question for Meisterschaft Exhaust Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
My full exhaust is dead silent if I am cruising and not on the gas. Even with my SC under 3K it has a deep/throaty tone. I am sure you will enjoy it High RPMS is very nice.

Check this out as I pieced everything together.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...und-clips.html
I've seen some of your videos. Your car looks great, thanks for the link.

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
When I start it in the morning and it cold idles and warms up, it is quite loud. If the car is warm and you start it normally, then it has a nice reassuring rumble, and is pretty manageable if you stay out of the throttle.
I'm gonna look into it a little more. You've opened up my options. Thanks for all the input.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:07 PM
perez519

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Thirty_Seven
I've been looking for exhausts recently and I think I've decided on the Mesiterschaft axle-back (stainless). But i have a few concerns. I DD my car and I leave my house at about 6 AM and I'm afraid of waking my neighbors.

So here are my questions:

1. If I keep my RPMs down and don't go too fast, how quiet is the exhaust? Is it manageable?

2. I'm also concerned about attracting attention from cops. How is it on the highway? I'm thinking 6th gear, 2000 RPMs, is it still loud?

3. Can you hold a conversation when driving around regularly? I usually have passengers in the car.

I just need an exhaust that's quiet around town but crazy when I want it to be. Also, if anyone has a video of the exhaust when driving around regularly, that would be great. All the videos on youtube are high-revving or WOT pulls. If you have a video or a link that shows what it's like during normal driving I'd really appreciate that. Thanks
I have a Gthaus axle back my self and I love it It can be quit during cruising rpm and you can definitely feather the gas between gears for quitter shifting. Its only loud on higher rpm around past 3500 rpm- 5500rpm then it dies down. It has a unique tone for sure its hard to explain it, until you hear it in person. It also depends what catalytic converter or test pipe you have. I had a fast intention resonated test pipe with IPL h-pipe and mid section. It was very loud and open lol so I change it up with Art test pipe. Its more deeper sounds now and eliminate few high pitch I didnt want. It sounds more like a VQ tone but deeper and louder. On the highway "zero" drone for sure at 2000rpm-2500rpm. So quit that you can hear someone beside you talking and your stereo playing. The only disadvantage is ordering it since its custom exhaust, so prepare to wait 6-10 weeks max. If they have it in stock from Gthaus then your lucky. Make sure you call Gthaus directly to find out if your ordering it from a authorize dealer. Fitment were 10/10 and same with finishing, well worth the money I've spent. Yes it cost over $2G's but if you have it why not lol. I made few youtube video just look up "Gthaus IPL" I will make a another video soon with normal driving and inside video of the tone. Cheers
Old 07-30-2014, 04:46 PM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
Just go ARK exhaust and dont look back.
ARK is a great setup, and a good value. Go with this full exhaust and dont mess around with your cats that makes your car super dirty - it will sound great across the entire rev range unlike other setups.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by perez519
I have a Gthaus axle back my self and I love it It can be quit during cruising rpm and you can definitely feather the gas between gears for quitter shifting. Its only loud on higher rpm around past 3500 rpm- 5500rpm then it dies down. It has a unique tone for sure its hard to explain it, until you hear it in person. It also depends what catalytic converter or test pipe you have. I had a fast intention resonated test pipe with IPL h-pipe and mid section. It was very loud and open lol so I change it up with Art test pipe. Its more deeper sounds now and eliminate few high pitch I didnt want. It sounds more like a VQ tone but deeper and louder. On the highway "zero" drone for sure at 2000rpm-2500rpm. So quit that you can hear someone beside you talking and your stereo playing. The only disadvantage is ordering it since its custom exhaust, so prepare to wait 6-10 weeks max. If they have it in stock from Gthaus then your lucky. Make sure you call Gthaus directly to find out if your ordering it from a authorize dealer. Fitment were 10/10 and same with finishing, well worth the money I've spent. Yes it cost over $2G's but if you have it why not lol. I made few youtube video just look up "Gthaus IPL" I will make a another video soon with normal driving and inside video of the tone. Cheers
I'm really torn between the Meister and the Motordyne E370 as of right now. If you could record a quick video of normal driving inside the cabin I'd be really grateful.

Originally Posted by blackvr4tt
ARK is a great setup, and a good value. Go with this full exhaust and dont mess around with your cats that makes your car super dirty - it will sound great across the entire rev range unlike other setups.
I've heard the ARK and it's a little too tame for my taste, I want something a littler louder.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Darkstar752

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have a Motordyne E370 w/ ART pipes, it's quiet under 3.5k and SCREAMS up until 8K(tuned). It can be very quiet pulling out of the neighborhood if you go slow, but the problem is that it's not loud per say, but rumbles a good amount, it will shake your house windows. This will be toned down if you keep your stock cats.

It's extremely tough to capture on camera as most of the note of the E370 is pretty much pure bass/rumble, so it doesn't translate very well onto a camera recording. Trust me, it sounds mind bogglingly good. Also, no drone on the highway, honestly it's probably quiet if not quieter than stock. You can easily pass cops and they would have a tough time telling. I haven't heard a Meistershaft in person but they seem somewhat similar.

Also, please don't get ARK, I've seen way too many problems with them.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
I have a Motordyne E370 w/ ART pipes, it's quiet under 3.5k and SCREAMS up until 8K(tuned). It can be very quiet pulling out of the neighborhood if you go slow, but the problem is that it's not loud per say, but rumbles a good amount, it will shake your house windows. This will be toned down if you keep your stock cats.

It's extremely tough to capture on camera as most of the note of the E370 is pretty much pure bass/rumble, so it doesn't translate very well onto a camera recording. Trust me, it sounds mind bogglingly good. Also, no drone on the highway, honestly it's probably quiet if not quieter than stock. You can easily pass cops and they would have a tough time telling. I haven't heard a Meistershaft in person but they seem somewhat similar.

Also, please don't get ARK, I've seen way too many problems with them.
This is exactly the response I've wanted. Thanks a ton, it sounds like exactly what I want. I'm probably gonna order it tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Brian6t5
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What about just the look and sound of meisterschaft

I'm more than happy with the power of my G, so would it be safe to say if you only wanted to get the M/S axle back exhaust with a stock setup, it would be a waste? Meaning only to make the car look and sound nicer.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 AM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by Brian6t5
I'm more than happy with the power of my G, so would it be safe to say if you only wanted to get the M/S axle back exhaust with a stock setup, it would be a waste? Meaning only to make the car look and sound nicer.
Yes, essentially a Meisterschaft is only for sound and looks. A catback offers very little HP gains (usually best when paired with an intake and a tune).
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
I have been through many exhausts (HKS/Fast Int./Tanabe) The power gains may be different between X/Y/H pipe configurations but going from one exhaust to another I really didn't notice enough to choose one over another. My decision was based on sound/looks and practicality and of course quality/fitment. Meisterschaft won me over in terms of sound mainly because my ultimate goal was LOUD but being lowered car friendly was another. Many great choices but if you have the funds for GTHAUS then why not.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Thirty_Seven

Yeah, I've been mainly concerned with sound as I've been looking. I've decided I'm gonna go with Motordyne's catback set-up. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. It's really appriciated,
The following users liked this post:
Darkstar752 (08-17-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Brian6t5
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, I've been mainly concerned with sound as I've been looking. I've decided I'm gonna go with Motordyne's catback set-up. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. It's really appriciated,

Same here, not looking for more H/P, just a better sounding exhaust and I really like the look of the M/S. At least the M/S exhaust will hold it's value if you decide to sell.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 AM
JMS2000

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Question Meisterschaft vs IPL Pipes

I'm considering replacing my stock IPL exhaust with the Meisterschaft exhaust, primarily for sound and looks. If I were to replace the entire cat-back exhaust, would the Meisterschaft Y-pipe be considered a downgrade from the IPL H-pipe in terms of performance? Would it make more sense to just replace the axle-back section and keep the other IPL pipes stock? Thanks.

Last edited by JMS2000; 08-17-2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 AM
Darkstar752

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
As far as everyone asking about power, all of them will be relatively similar. Motordyne will likely have the most gains, as it is a set up that is optimized for flow. Meisterschaft will likely have marginally less due to the bends/canisters. Cat back is going to be one of the least gains as far as power, the intake/cats are the most restrictive parts powerwise. You will still gain power however.

Let us know how you like it

Originally Posted by Brian6t5
Same here, not looking for more H/P, just a better sounding exhaust and I really like the look of the M/S. At least the M/S exhaust will hold it's value if you decide to sell.
As if none of the others would? I bought Motordyne for my G35 for $1250 used and sold it a year later for $1250. I bought the E370 new for the G37 for $1600 and it's fairly common for them to go for around $1400 used.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Let us know how you like it
I wrote a review here. It's incredible!