Sponsored By:

Unusual weatherstripping wear + leak - Bad Experience at Clarendon Hills, IL

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 560 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by obg376mt
I also had the weather strip replaced via warranty on my 09 coupe I bought CPO. They even have me a loaner for the weekend while they did the work because they couldn't get to my car right away.
If your able to, I would appreciate if you could scan or take a picture of the receipt with your info blacked out. This will allow me to prove its covered by warranty. Thanks.

Last edited by Ryne; 05-23-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:07 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
I'll try to find my work order from a few years back when my weatherstripping was replaced as well. There's no question this is a legitimate warranty issue covered in the first 4 yrs under the basic warranty.
The following users liked this post:
Ryne (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by canucklehead
I'll try to find my work order from a few years back when my weatherstripping was replaced as well. There's no question this is a legitimate warranty issue covered in the first 4 yrs under the basic warranty.
I appreciate that. I really don't understand why they made such a big fuss about it, my car is <1 yr old, less than 15k miles, and I bought new FROM THEIR DEALERSHIP.

You buy a new car to have warranty coverage and you have to deal with headaches like this over petty warranty claims.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Here is the nonsense they put on my receipt - notice the problem with the driver door they fixed is the same door the weatherstrip is messed up and not aligned... seems like interrelated issues to me. I didn't receive a multi-point inspection so I'm not sure why that's on there. Does anyone know what it means where it says shop supplies for the weatherstrip? Not sure what they could have used since they didn't do anything...

Name:  securedownload-2_zpsbef68394.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  55.0 KB
Old 05-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Bugatti37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryne just noticed ur from frankfort. I'm actually in Tinley. You ever go to the best buy meets in orland? Havent been part of the chicago car scene for some time now. I know we have Chicago Z but visited the forum and seems kind of dead IMO.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by Bugatti37
Ryne just noticed ur from frankfort. I'm actually in Tinley. You ever go to the best buy meets in orland? Havent been part of the chicago car scene for some time now. I know we have Chicago Z but visited the forum and seems kind of dead IMO.
I think I stumbled across it once on accident driving through Orland. If you know the times/dates, I would definitely be interested in going though. It's only about 10 minutes from my house.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:18 PM
LWE613

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bugatti37
I take my G to Infiniti of Orland Park. They are friendly and always give me "discounts" on work done and on parts/accessories. Have had good experience with them. Just an FYI. good luck with your issues.
I bought a used car from them which they said was never in an accident and had a clean carfax. Turned out it was in a 20 thousand dollar accident and some of the work was actually performed at their dealership. Sued them and won. Talked to one of the judges over at the Bridgeview courthouse and he said they had three other lawsuits against them and that they would probably lose them all.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:21 PM
LWE613

I have tried all the dealerships around, Clarendon Hills, Hoffman Estates, Naperville which was formally Lisle, and Orland Park. Hoffman Estates is by far my favorite one.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by LWE613
I bought a used car from them which they said was never in an accident and had a clean carfax. Turned out it was in a 20 thousand dollar accident and some of the work was actually performed at their dealership. Sued them and won. Talked to one of the judges over at the Bridgeview courthouse and he said they had three other lawsuits against them and that they would probably lose them all.
It's funny that I've heard that before. It's also funny that I'm pretty sure I know what LWE stands for (I went to that HS), lol.

That's actually the reason I didn't buy a car from them. They were trying to sell me a car for an obnoxious price and after I did some research I found out it was in an accident, even though they said it wasn't. I personally don't trust the sales team. I called the GM and told him, thinking he would care, and he hung up on me.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Bugatti37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LWE613
Damn, well that sucks. Luckily I didn't buy from them lol I'm hoping their techs and service dept is not a reflection of their sales dept. So far so good. I go mainly because its so close to my house. It only makes sense for me.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:49 PM
LWE613

Originally Posted by Ryne
It's funny that I've heard that before. It's also funny that I'm pretty sure I know what LWE stands for (I went to that HS), lol.

That's actually the reason I didn't buy a car from them. They were trying to sell me a car for an obnoxious price and after I did some research I found out it was in an accident, even though they said it wasn't. I personally don't trust the sales team. I called the GM and told him, thinking he would care, and he hung up on me.
Good old Lincoln-Way East, but yeah the owner Chuck Piano or whatever his name is runs a shady business. I've even talked to workers there that agree.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:50 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You want to inspect the car very carefully before signing the paperwork's. I even got under the car and checked. I have seen body, paint damages on cars that I was about to buy. My G came with a busted rubber door trim that I demand it fix before I agreed to buy.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:56 PM
SmokyQ_xS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well this is disconcerting to read. I bought my car (used) from them about a year and a half ago.

I have to say that so far I have not had any issues with their service, though I haven't had any major issues with the car either.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by CodeG
You want to inspect the car very carefully before signing the paperwork's. I even got under the car and checked. I have seen body, paint damages on cars that I was about to buy. My G came with a busted rubber door trim that I demand it fix before I agreed to buy.
Most would not think about this, but you should even check out new cars. Dealers are legally allowed (in most states) to sell a car as new even if it has sustained damage (max $ in damage varies by state).
Old 05-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Dealerships are the worst. It seems you must pass an idiot exam to manage some of them. Is the loss of goodwill and bad publicity they've generated worth the cheap part and half hour (maybe) of labor? Hell no. No, it's not. But it seems this industry in general just doesn't get it.

Quick Reply: Unusual weatherstripping wear + leak - Bad Experience at Clarendon Hills, IL